Abbey's Platinum Gems and Backlog!

Abbey97

2 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'm exactly the same as I to get too addicted to multiplayer games as I always want to get the better weapons or defeat a boss etc. Which is great and all but I much prefer single player games as you can just dive straight into them without worrying about what other people are doing, and they don't take up as much of your time! :) 

which games are you hyped up for in 2018? I'm actually really interested in Vampyr ( the people who brought you Life is Strange), Detroit: Become Human (David Cage who brought us Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls) and Days Gone (a zombie game with focus on story). These are my main ones. obviously im excited for heavy hitters like Red Dead Redemption 2, Far Cry 5, Spiderman, God of War. 

3 hours ago, Rockstar said:

which games are you hyped up for in 2018? I'm actually really interested in Vampyr ( the people who brought you Life is Strange), Detroit: Become Human (David Cage who brought us Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls) and Days Gone (a zombie game with focus on story). These are my main ones. obviously im excited for heavy hitters like Red Dead Redemption 2, Far Cry 5, Spiderman, God of War. 

Well, I'm hyped for Vampyr, Detroit: Become Human, Days Gone, Kingdom Hearts 3 (if it shows up this year), State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, LEGO Incredibles 2 (if that rumor's true), Portal Knights for the Switch, Far Cry 5, Nintendo Labo, Project Octopath Traveller (Switch), Crackdown 3, Fe, Celeste, BIOMUTANT, Death Stranding, Extinction (if Microsoft don't cancel it like they did with Scalebound) and The Last of Us 2 (if it comes out this year) :). Soooo not many then ;)!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well, I'm hyped for Vampyr, Detroit: Become Human, Days Gone, Kingdom Hearts 3 (if it shows up this year), State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, LEGO Incredibles 2 (if that rumor's true), Portal Knights for the Switch, Far Cry 5, Nintendo Labo, Project Octopath Traveller (Switch), Crackdown 3, Fe, Celeste, BIOMUTANT, Death Stranding, Extinction (if Microsoft don't cancel it like they did with Scalebound) and The Last of Us 2 (if it comes out this year) :). Soooo not many then ;)!

i believe a few months ago TLOU2 was said to be 50-60% done. I'm expecting a 2019 for it. as for KH3.. they officially announced 2018 but what do official announcements mean to them anymore LUL. as for your various other games, if i wasn't mainly on Playstation I'd be excited for them. looks like we're on the same page. thats always nice to just talk games ya know?

7 minutes ago, Rockstar said:

i believe a few months ago TLOU2 was said to be 50-60% done. I'm expecting a 2019 for it. as for KH3.. they officially announced 2018 but what do official announcements mean to them anymore LUL. as for your various other games, if i wasn't mainly on Playstation I'd be excited for them. looks like we're on the same page. thats always nice to just talk games ya know?

Well I suppose I can live in hope for TLOU2 and KH3 coming out this year, but probably won't haha ^_^! It's always nice to be on the same page and it's always nice to talk about games with someone! :D 

So here's my first update! :P 

I started Crash Bandicoot 1 the other day and have gotten about half way through it and have gotten 13 out of 26 relics. :D I'm going to be taking a break from it now though so I can start to focus on my event games for The Love Boat event (you should check it out if your looking for a new event to join!) So I'll be starting, again :facepalm:, Skyrim tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that. 

I've also added a couple of new sections to the main post detailing the events I'm currently in and my console names, gamertags and codes. 

On 1/20/2018 at 10:50 AM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

So here's my first update! :P 

I started Crash Bandicoot 1 the other day and have gotten about half way through it and have gotten 13 out of 26 relics. :D I'm going to be taking a break from it now though so I can start to focus on my event games for The Love Boat event (you should check it out if your looking for a new event to join!) So I'll be starting, again :facepalm:, Skyrim tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that. 

I've also added a couple of new sections to the main post detailing the events I'm currently in and my console names, gamertags and codes. 

keeping busy i see! thats good, for any gamer who likes to trophy hunt, its always on to the next game. not the destination but the journey. this next week i'll be working on AC Origins platinum (depends how long i want to actually spend completing all locations. which is essentially its collect x amount of things),  and Dishonored 1 platinum. those will probably be my last platinums of the month (if I don't replace Origins with another platinum). thanks for the update.

i too take a break from games, i'll start a game or two, then work on something else, then come back at a later time. you usually see trophy hunters do one game at a time and just stick with that plan.. but to me thats boring! i get bored of just playing ONE. everyone has their own direction they go when it comes to trophy hunting.

Edited by Rockstar
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rockstar said:

keeping busy i see! thats good, for any gamer who likes to trophy hunt, its always on to the next game. not the destination but the journey. this next week i'll be working on AC Origins platinum, and Dishonored 1 platinum. those will probably be my last platinums of the month. thanks for the update.

i too take a break from games, i'll start a game or two, then work on something else, then come back at a later time. you usually see trophy hunters do one game at a time and just stick with that plan.. but to me thats boring! i get bored of just playing ONE. everyone has their own direction they go when it comes to trophy hunting.

I'm always busy doing one thing or another haha! :) No problem, thank you for reading my update! 

I was like that last year as I was always very strict about making sure I finished/platted a game before moving onto the next one, but I realised that that cost me a lot of experiences last year and to also miss out on playing games that I already had as I just didn't have enough time. Plus, I got to the point of when I was playing the game, that I just wasn't enjoying it anymore. Now my thinking is, don't spend loads of time on one game IF your not enjoying it as it take the fun out of it, plus it will still be there to plat in the future, when you feel like coming back to it. Also another one of my gaming resolutions is that if I'm getting frustrated in a game, then I'm just going to move onto something else and take some time out, as last year, I got so angry with games sometimes and at the end of the day, that's not what gaming is about. 

Sorry for the big reply haha! :P 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'm always busy doing one thing or another haha! :) No problem, thank you for reading my update! 

I was like that last year as I was always very strict about making sure I finished/platted a game before moving onto the next one, but I realised that that cost me a lot of experiences last year and to also miss out on playing games that I already had as I just didn't have enough time. Plus, I got to the point of when I was playing the game, that I just wasn't enjoying it anymore. Now my thinking is, don't spend loads of time on one game IF your not enjoying it as it take the fun out of it, plus it will still be there to plat in the future, when you feel like coming back to it. Also another one of my gaming resolutions is that if I'm getting frustrated in a game, then I'm just going to move onto something else and take some time out, as last year, I got so angry with games sometimes and at the end of the day, that's not what gaming is about. 

Sorry for the big reply haha! :P 

i feel your frustrations with trophies. if a trophy takes soo long to do (say collect like 200 things, looking at you AC Unity) it takes all the enjoyment out of a game, i simply moved on, and came back at a later time. at that later time i got the platinum. but i was so burnt out from that game i didnt get mad, just moved on.

dont worry about your big replies, big replies usually mean you took time and effort to respond. so i appreciate that.

you're right, gaming isnt about doing something that frustrates you, its supposed to be fun! and sure trophy hunting can be the furthest thing from fun.. but its the journey we make, that light at the end of that long tunnel. it makes it all worth it. its funny you mention getting mad because i always tell people to just move on and come back, but they're like "NO I HAVE TO DO THIS" its okay, those trophies will still be here later. that thing they're stuck on, it's not going anywhere. "but why do it if you're angry?" i tell them. anger clouds our judgement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockstar said:

i feel your frustrations with trophies. if a trophy takes soo long to do (say collect like 200 things, looking at you AC Unity) it takes all the enjoyment out of a game, i simply moved on, and came back at a later time. at that later time i got the platinum. but i was so burnt out from that game i didnt get mad, just moved on.

dont worry about your big replies, big replies usually mean you took time and effort to respond. so i appreciate that.

you're right, gaming isnt about doing something that frustrates you, its supposed to be fun! and sure trophy hunting can be the furthest thing from fun.. but its the journey we make, that light at the end of that long tunnel. it makes it all worth it. its funny you mention getting mad because i always tell people to just move on and come back, but they're like "NO I HAVE TO DO THIS" its okay, those trophies will still be here later. that thing they're stuck on, it's not going anywhere. "but why do it if you're angry?" i tell them. anger clouds our judgement. 

I totally agree with you! 

Ah thank you! Sometimes I can be known to waffle a bit so let me know if I do! :) 

Thanks! I do love Trophy Hunting as I find it helps me and gives me more incentive to get the most out of my game but also they encourage me to try and accomplish something like, I don't know, killing a super hard boss, that I wouldn't have normally have done but by doing so, I feel super chuffed with myself! :D But you can have this sense of accomplishment while not feeling angry with games and/or dragging yourself though something your not enjoying at that particular moment in time. I'm glad I've come to that mind set now as Crash has been annoying me a little and before, I would have just carried on regardless. But now I'm going to start something new, enjoy it and come back to Crash later on when I fancy playing it. I can't believe it took me that long to realise that :facepalm:.

Second Update: :D 

So I started Skyrim yesterday which is great for me to have actually stuck at a promise of starting a game on a particular day for a change! Anyhoo, I'm currently playing as an Nordic Assassin as I fancied being evil for a change in this game as I'm normally the good guy all of the time! Safe to say though I'm enjoying this playthrough! I've also earned a couple of trophies as well so I'm making some good progress and I think I might be able to complete it in about a week or two. I really want to buy a house though but I can't at the minute as I'm squirrelling away all my Gold so it goes towards the Golden Touch trophy :)

Also, I've started the Dawnguard DLC and I'm really wanting to side with the Vampires as there's something about this Dawnguard Leader that I'm just not convinced about :hmm:, but we shall see.

• Like 1

Third Update: 

I've gotten some new games this week so I've gone and added them to the main post! These games I got with a free two day trial of PS+:

• Batman - Who says no to a Batman game?!
  • Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness - Not really sure what to expect from this but it was free so I'll give it a go.
  • Uncanny Valley - Been after this for ages but whenever it's been on sale, I've never been able to get it, but now what with it being free an all!
  • Starblood Arena (VR) - I'm really loving the VR so this is a welcome addition!

And these games I got with my first Switch eShop card!

• Stardew Valley - I know what your thinking now, 'oh she already has this one the Xbox AND PS4' but it just looks sooo at home on the Switch and it's perfect for playing at night!
  • Oxenfree - Well at £3.99 who wouldn't jump at the chance to get this?!

Skyrim Update:

So after a couple of days of power-leveling, well trying to anyway, I'm now at level 32. The reason I'm attempting power-leveling is that I was so close to level 50 before my old PS4 crashed and that really annoyed me so I'd like to get to level 50 without a big struggle and haul. On another note, I've nearly finished the Dark Brotherhood quest-line and I must say, I'm actually really enjoying it which I know is bad but heyho! 

Event Update:

So I'm now in The Love Boat event! For this event, you have to choose four games that fit a SHIP theme. Let me explain, there is Companionship, Partnership, Friendship and Relationship. So my games are Skyrim (Companionship), Sonic Forces (Partnership), Yooka-Laylee (Friendship) and Kingdom Hearts 1 (Relationship). I'm really looking forward to seeing how these games play out as I actually haven't played them before, well apart from Skyrim. 

Anyway, that's it for this update, thanks for reading!

Batman was such a blast to play, you cant ask for more from a free game. Skyrim though is my guilty pleasure. I have the dark brotherhood going as well in my current character. At thhe same time trying to do the radiant quests to get the last trophy for the thieves guild. I usually stack up two at a time, do my current mission, do those as well, collect all my rewards, rinse and repeat. 

I say current character because I have two others depending on what I am doing.   This one is the assassin/thief and archer who also is a member of the dawnguard. I have a strictly mage who did the civil war and daedric quests and has been building houses. The last one is my first character and he was just a mixture. I have yet to do the warrior guild on this system or to try for the vampire or werewolf perks or the island dlc.

• Like 1

So here's my latest update!

New Game Update!

So last week mum got a voucher for Amazon that gave her £10 off a £50 spend, so she got herself some candles and offered to get me The Inpatient! :D I'm super excited for this as it's my first VR purchase and also it looks sooo scary and sooo perfect for the VR! I'm definitely going to try and play this at night and I'm planning on getting the plat for it! 

Skyrim Update!

So I'm finally getting somewhere with this as I've unlocked the level 50 trophy, 15 Oblivion Artifacts trophy, Master Architect trophy, Werewolf Perk trophy and several others that I've been working towards for the last week. Oh and while I'm on the subject with that, I've literally been playing Skyrim for a whole week, practically non stop! Someone please send help! :facepalm:! But on the plus side, I've nearly finished with the base game and I'm working on the DLC currently but I'm saving the plat for when The Love Boat event starts. 

And that's it from me for now so I'll update you when I've finally finished Skyrim and moved onto LEGO City Undercover/Stardew Valley! :wave: 

New Game Update!

So I know what your thinking. She only brought a game on Wednesday and now she's posting about buying another today. Well that's right and your right ;). I've pre-ordered the physical copy of Portal Knights for the Nintendo Switch! :D I'm looking forward to playing it and to also building myself a big fortress! I'll update the main post when it arrives on Thursday! :) 

Skyrim Update!

Sooooo I've finally platinumed Skyrim! :P I've platted it, finished the DLC and deleted it. It's now one of my favourite games as I really enjoy everything Skyrim has to offer a player and I love the fact that you can just change your play style in the middle of fighting a Bandit if it isn't working or if you just fancy a change! But if I don't see another Dragon for a while, then it will be too soon! ;) I've literally been dreaming about Skyrim this week as I've been playing it that much! 

Anyway, Skyrim marks my 81st platinum and my January game for the Monthly Madness event and 1/4 of my games completed for The Live Boat event! Up next; LEGO City Undercover!

That's all for now! I'll update you when I get further in LEGO City Undercover!

9 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Definitely go for the LEGO Harry Potter collection and LEGO Jurassic World. Having platted LEGO JW as my 25th, I can say that the PS4 version is excellent. ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already finished and platinumed those games ^_^.

• Like 1

So I've been buying again ^_^. This time I've brought a Nintendo Switch Screen Protector as I've been reading some pretty bad horror stories about the Switch being scratched when it's put into the Dock and I really don't want that to happen. Plus I'd feel a lot better using it if it had something on the screen as well! ^_^ So I got one for £5.99 and it's one of the Best Sellers on Amazon, so I'm expecting great things from it. What made me laugh was the fact that one of the pictures that was next to the product was showing how strong the Screen Protector was and the example was a bullet being fired at it! I think it safe to say that I won't be doing that and neither should anyone else :hmm:

Anyway, a bit of topic there! So I've played a little more LEGO City Undercover this afternoon, and I'm enjoying it so far! It has that LEGO slap-stick humor that everyone knows and loves and also has a great story when you start getting into it. I think I'm going to split it up though with Yooka-Laylee as that's the next game for The Love Boat event and also, I keep looking at it my bookcase and I'm quite intrigued to see what it's about. 

Anyway, I'm done waffling now so your free to go and play some more games! ^_^

Update Time!^_^

So since Portal Knights arrived the other day, I've finally added it to my list of Nintendo Switch games! In addition to that, I've made some good progress in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild this weekend as I, finally, have some clothes (don't ask?) and a sword that could actually cut butter instead of just a random stick that is about as much use as a chocolate teapot! 

I've also finished the story in LEGO City Undercover which was actually a lot better and funnier than I remember it being a couple of years ago when I played it on the Wii U. I'm going to be starting a collectathon tomorrow so wish me luck!

I'm also going to be getting a PS+ subscription next week so I'm looking forward to that! I have ALOT of games in my PS+ backlog and most of them are fairly easy as well so I'm looking forward to starting them :D! I'm going to add a PS+ and Xbox Gold games sections on the main post next week as well to go with me getting my subscription.

Anyway, that's it from me for now! I'll update you soon!

So I've been playing LEGO City Undercover now for about a week and I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere with the endless amount of collectables in this game. I mean why does a game need this many collectables?! But still, a bit of Twenty One Pilots through my headphones and I'm good!:highfive: Anyway, I've unlocked 30 out of 48 achievements, which means I'm at 62%, according to TrueAchievements https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/AshesToAshes97/gamecollection. I'm hoping to have this done for Saturday evening at the latest so I can start Yooka-Laylee on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to starting this as I've heard a lot of great things about it and I've heard it's related to the old Banjo game from the GameBoy days, which I loved playing. :) 

On another note, the Stardew Valley multiplayer update is coming along nicely according to Chucklefish over on their blog page. Here it is if you'd like to read it - https://stardewvalley.net/blog/.

I can't wait to have signs next to my chests as I really like to have everything organised in games like this and I always forget where everything is so that'll help me! :P 

I'll update you when I've finished LEGO City Undercover this weekend! :P 

On 2/15/2018 at 8:43 AM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'm hoping to have this done for Saturday evening at the latest so I can start Yooka-Laylee on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to starting this as I've heard a lot of great things about it and I've heard it's related to the old Banjo game from the GameBoy days, which I loved playing. :) 

What's with all the people starting Yooka Laylee lately???

Just a PSA, since I got screwed over by this - only quit the game after you've used "save and quit" to exit to the main menu. I have to restart the game entirely because my Pagie count is messed up in one world (from the one time I accidentally closed the game prematurely).

I've been looking forward to the Stardew Valley Multiplayer too. Might finally get around to buying Stardew Valley when it lands, to play with my girlfriends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, regularegg said:

What's with all the people starting Yooka Laylee lately???

Just a PSA, since I got screwed over by this - only quit the game after you've used "save and quit" to exit to the main menu. I have to restart the game entirely because my Pagie count is messed up in one world (from the one time I accidentally closed the game prematurely).

I've been looking forward to the Stardew Valley Multiplayer too. Might finally get around to buying Stardew Valley when it lands, to play with my girlfriends.

I don't know ?! I'm starting it for an event on here called The Love Boat, and I think that what a few other people are starting it for.

Oh right :facepalm:, thank you for the warning! I'd of hated that to happen, especially when I get even further, so thanks! :) 

My friend and I are planning on playing it as soon as it lands as we've been talking about it for ages :)! You should definitely buy it! It's so relaxing and fun, but I'll give you a warning now ;), it can get quite addicting in a fantastic way!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again Trophy Checklist! I haven't seen you in a while :P. So I have been busy playing games but I just haven't been able to get round to updating my Checklist, but now things have calmed down a little on my end, I'm going to have more time to update you all! So here goes:

I've completed 2 games since I last updated my Checklist and those are as follows:

2118995.png LEGO City Undercover - 1000G XBOX ONE

I absolutely LOVE a LEGO game so when I had the chance to get another copy of this (I already have the Wii U copy), I just had to jump at it! You play as Chase McCain who is a cop is LEGO City and who also ends up on a mission to stop the infamous Rex Fury and save LEGO City! Now I know that this game is essentially a collect-a-thon, but that's what I love about LEGO games. I say this as I actually don't really mind going on a collectable hunt, well as long as I can listen to Twenty One Pilots while I do so, as I like reading all the extra little snippets that the games gives you in the form of the collectables but also, I like the fact that, in most games, they mean something and can also be used in the game. So in this game for example, you have to collect Super Brick so that you can build Vehicle Call-In Points which then help you with the main game as well as you will always have a car handy if you need one. Anyway, I kind of went off topic there! I could talk about LEGO games all night, so let's just say I've had my LEGO fix and I can't wait for the next one!

2118959.png Yooka-Laylee - 1000G XBOX ONE

Now this one wasn't really a hit for me, which I know your probably thinking that it's strange for me to be saying that, being as though I practically say I love every game, but here are my reasons. Firstly, the story wasn't a big factor for me even though the game is trying to convince you otherwise. I just found it to be very rushed in a sense as you are literally thrown into finding Pagies without really being given any insight into Yooka or Laylee or any of the other characters and also it just seemed to have things missing that I couldn't really put my finger on :hmm:. And the amount of collectables in this game were extremely excessive, even by my standards. Now as I said above, I do like a collectable hunt if it ties in with the story / lore of the game, but these collectables didn't add to the story and just felt too much for me. The only thing that I really liked about this game is the actual gameplay with Yooka and Laylee as they play really well and really feel great when your playing with their abilities and styles. I'd say pick it up if your looking for a relatively easy Platinum / 1000G and only if you can get it cheap.

S632e2f.png Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS4) - 57%

Now onto the next game on my list, I've finally started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix! And oh my god, why have I not played this sooner!? Someone please give me an answer as I literally can't think of one! I have literally enjoyed every minute of this game and I'm going to play the hell out of it until I get that lovely Platinum trophy! The story is amazing, the gameplay is fantastic and I can't get enough of this game :D! Even the level grinding is quite fun to do! 

Well that's all from me for now so I'll update you when I finish Kingdom Hearts and start the next Kingdom Hearts game ;).

• Like 2

So I posted on Sunday that I'd completed two games that had been in my backlog a while which is obviously a good thing, but this morning, I went a brought two new games from the Microsoft Square Enix Publisher Sale :facepalm:. Buuuuut, I did get them for a great steal so I can't really complain about that, so here's what I got:

1787126.png - Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass! 

I got this for £6.60 which is an incredibly great price considering it's £20.00 full price. It's funny because I was speaking to my mum about this Season Pass when we were decorating the spare room the other day, and then I went on my Xbox One to start Dear Esther: Landmark Edition for Toogie's The Love Boat event, and there it was in the Publisher Sale! Now when I go and see the new Tomb Raider film next week, I can satisfy my inevitable fancy for a Tomb Raider game (this always happens to me when I watch a film that has a game for it ;)) and I can complete it all at the same time! :P 

1530460.jpg - Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris!

I got this for £3.00 which is another amazing deal, and it also included the Season Pass in it. Granted, the Season Pass doesn't give me anymore Achievements to work towards, but it does give me a couple more tombs to raid, so I'm happy with that. Plus I wasn't going to spend £2.25 on just the game when I could pay £3.00 and get something extra as well. 

And in other news, I have completed another game so I suppose I've only brought one extra game, in theory ;). So here's what I completed:

1958620.png - Dear Esther: Landmark Edition - 1000G - New Milestone - 5000 Gamerscore and 5th Game Completed

I'm really glad I got this as firstly, I only paid £2.00 and secondly, it came in really handy for Toogie's The Love Boat event! This one was kind of another hit and miss for me as, I'll be honest, I didn't really understand what the bloke was talking about throughout the story and while I was traveling to the end of my journey. But I will say that when I got to the end of the game, I did sort of get what it was he was saying all along and I got why he was taking this journey. The absolute savour for me was the soundtrack, as it is an absolutely amazing soundtrack and is incredibly well made, so Jessica Curry should be super proud of it :D! I've can't really say anymore about Dear Esther as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I will say that you should definitely pick it up if you are looking for a nice and simple 1000G or few trophies, but only when it's in a sale as it really isn't long enough to justify the big price tag. 

That's all from me for now, so I'll see you soon! :) 

On 3/11/2018 at 11:42 AM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

2118959.png Yooka-Laylee - 1000G XBOX ONE

Now this one wasn't really a hit for me, which I know your probably thinking that it's strange for me to be saying that, being as though I practically say I love every game, but here are my reasons. Firstly, the story wasn't a big factor for me even though the game is trying to convince you otherwise. I just found it to be very rushed in a sense as you are literally thrown into finding Pagies without really being given any insight into Yooka or Laylee or any of the other characters and also it just seemed to have things missing that I couldn't really put my finger on :hmm:. And the amount of collectables in this game were extremely excessive, even by my standards. Now as I said above, I do like a collectable hunt if it ties in with the story / lore of the game, but these collectables didn't add to the story and just felt too much for me. The only thing that I really liked about this game is the actual gameplay with Yooka and Laylee as they play really well and really feel great when your playing with their abilities and styles. I'd say pick it up if your looking for a relatively easy Platinum / 1000G and only if you can get it cheap.

Yeah, Yooka Laylee was a very hit and miss game for me too. I'm somebody who also enjoys just about every game they play (and a lot of my favorite games are ones that people love to hate), but Yooka Laylee was just... eh. It has the beginnings of a really good platformer in it, but you can tell it just didn't get the polish that it so desperately needed. I loved the art style, I think the core mechanics are okay... but then you have the hideously difficult minigames (the casino running one in particular) and really irritating things like the flying controls.

Also, it's probably a stylistic thing, but every line of dialogue being an attempt at fourth wall-breaking memes didn't help that much for me either.

I admire what Playtonic set out to do, and I hope they get a proper budget for their next game, because I see the potential for an absolutely fantastic game in Yooka Laylee. I wouldn't be opposed to a sequel if it had a higher budget and more playtesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regularegg said:

Yeah, Yooka Laylee was a very hit and miss game for me too. I'm somebody who also enjoys just about every game they play (and a lot of my favorite games are ones that people love to hate), but Yooka Laylee was just... eh. It has the beginnings of a really good platformer in it, but you can tell it just didn't get the polish that it so desperately needed. I loved the art style, I think the core mechanics are okay... but then you have the hideously difficult minigames (the casino running one in particular) and really irritating things like the flying controls.

Also, it's probably a stylistic thing, but every line of dialogue being an attempt at fourth wall-breaking memes didn't help that much for me either.

I admire what Playtonic set out to do, and I hope they get a proper budget for their next game, because I see the potential for an absolutely fantastic game in Yooka Laylee. I wouldn't be opposed to a sequel if it had a higher budget and more playtesting.

I absolutely hated those mini-games in Yooka-Laylee and I especially hated the Casino one. That took me about an hour and a half to actually beat, and even then it was by the skin of my teeth as I literally had one Butterfly left :facepalm:. Did you feel like the game had a couple of difficulty spikes that just kind of came out of nowhere, because I did with the Casino one, the Capital B fight and a couple of the Minecart challenges. It just felt like they sort of made it too difficult, even for a children's game. 

Yeah, I didn't really like the forth wall-breakers either. They just felt a little too cheesy for me, and I'm normally a lover of anything like that in games, but it felt a bit too much in this. 

I agree with you there as I hope that Playtonic get the chance to make another game. It would be nice if they did a Yooka-Laylee and Banjo-Kazooie crossover :D.

• Like 1