The Hunting Grounds [Winners announced]

Paleblood

On ‎25‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 3:14 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

I still have 0 points :| ... @Stardew Shelly any chance writing a guide hunting manual counts for points?

Btw I'm going to play Demon Gaze II soon and was wondering if that game counts too? The first game requires the player to hunt down the demons that have taken over everything. Unsure if the second game is anything like that though.

Never read this :huh:

I don't know Demon Gaze, after a quick search it seems like the usual Anime Dungeon-Crawl RPG. If the story is really ''Hunty'' (Yes, that is the word I'm going to use.) maybe you could report back and I will take a deeper look?

As for the guid- hunting manual, I actually thought about this. I would be willing to give you around 3 points for it if everybody else thinks this would be ok too. I just don't want to give out ''free'' points, since it's not in the main rules.

J

Oh and for everybody, the new God of War (PS4) is 6 Points!

Edited by Stardew Shelly

17 minutes ago, Stardew Shelly said:

I don't know Demon Gaze, after a quick search it seems like the usual Anime Dungeon-Crawl RPG. If the story is really ''Hunty'' (Yes, that is the word I'm going to use.) maybe you could report back and I will take a deeper look?

As for the guid- hunting manual, I actually thought about this. I would be willing to give you around 3 points for it if everybody else thinks this would be ok too. I just don't to give out ''free'' points, since it's not in the main rules.

J

Lol :lol: .

Yeah, it's an anime-styled dungeon crawler. I'm not sure where you draw the line with a game being hunty enough, but will play DG2 some more to get a decent impression.

Sure, that's ok. That would compensate for the ~210 hours so far that went into GE2RB (I played the game twice to test things for the guide, the plat only took ~110 hours).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stardew Shelly said:

As for the guid- hunting manual, I actually thought about this. I would be willing to give you around 3 points for it if everybody else thinks this would be ok too. I just don't want to give out ''free'' points, since it's not in the main rules.

J

Oh and for everybody, the new God of War (PS4) is 6 Points!

I have no problem with that :) Especially since his guide will possible help other members (like me), so it's only fair 

25 minutes ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

I think you have 24 points?

I have 29 points so far, so you're not that far behind 1f61c.png

6 points doesn't seem like much,but that's a 26/50 hour game behind you plus your'e edging close to another 6 points ?

On ‎29‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 2:08 PM, ZeroGeass1 said:

Could the top 3 players perhaps be listed with their points? That way it's easier to keep track of the competition ?

Problem is that not everyone posts their points regularly. I'll see what I can do though.

-----

For everybody reading this: Please update your points if you haven't already :)

-----

Also, @ddracarys maybe consider re-joining. You have at the very least already 9 points from the last 2 Far Cry games you played.

J

Edited by Paleblood

14 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

For everybody reading this: Please update your points if you haven't already :)

I have 15 points from GE2RB and .... yeah, that's it.

Also close to finishing Demon Gaze II's main story. It's very similar to the first one, only this time demons are hunted to capture their souls, which are then used to reincarnate them and make them your allies. Don't know if this counts, so I'll leave it up to you.

After reading through your hunting manual @Dragon-Archon I decided to give you 5 points for it.

Having published guides on other websites I know how much work even a simple guide can be, and honestly, yours is fucking amazing.

If however anyone thinks this is too much or unjustified, please speak up. No hate, we can have a discussion about everything here. If you don't say anything I'll take it as an ok from your side. But do not begrudge anyone over not sharing your concerns.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

After reading through your hunting manual @Dragon-Archon I decided to give you 5 points for it.

Having published guides on other websites I know how much work even a simple guide can be, and honestly, yours is fucking amazing.

Wow, awesome. Thanks a lot :D .

Also if anyone wants to do some co-op in GE2RB, let me know. I still have the game and planning to finish it with the second character.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Wow, awesome. Thanks a lot :D .

Also if anyone wants to do some co-op in GE2RB, let me know. I still have the game and planning to finish it with the second character.

GE2RB is going to be my next game, so if you want to play a little co-op it's fine with me, but first I'll have to figure out how the game works ?

Also, y'all up for some Tomb Raiding?

Recently I've played through Rise of the Tomb Raider and gotta say I was wrong. I think this fits perfectly in here.

So, if anybody is interested I'd add the games to the list, just say the word.

----

@Dragon-Archon And as for Demon Gaze II, sorry I just don't get the vibe.

I've looked at a couple of gameplay videos now but all I see is regular dungeon crawling. :/

J

32 minutes ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

GE2RB is going to be my next game, so if you want to play a little co-op it's fine with me, but first I'll have to figure out how the game works 1f600.png

Ok, the game has 2 tutorial missions at the start that explains the basics.

9 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

@Dragon-Archon And as for Demon Gaze II, sorry I just don't get the vibe.

I've looked at a couple of gameplay videos now but all I see is regular dungeon crawling. :/

That's ok, I wasn't sure if it would count either.

25 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Also, y'all up for some Tomb Raiding?

Recently I've played through Rise of the Tomb Raider and gotta say I was wrong. I think this fits perfectly in here.

So, if anybody is interested I'd add the games to the list, just say the word.

I'm fine with adding Tomb Raider, but which games will you add? All the Tomb Raiders (including the ones on PS3) or just the two rebooted ones?

1 minute ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

I'm fine with adding Tomb Raider, but which games will you add? All the Tomb Raiders (including the ones on PS3) or just the two rebooted ones?

The two reboot ones as there is an extra focus on hunting through the crafting.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

Finished God Eater 2 Rage Burst yesterday 1f600.png

Games finished so far :

Bloodborne (9p)

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (10p)

Ni No Kuni 2 (10p)

God of War (6p)

God Eater 2 Rage Burst (15p)

Total: 50 points

Nice, congrats :yay: . Did you like the game?

3 hours ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

Finished God Eater 2 Rage Burst yesterday ?

Games finished so far :

Bloodborne (9p)

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (10p)

Ni No Kuni 2 (10p)

God of War (6p)

God Eater 2 Rage Burst (15p)

Total: 50 points

Well done! You're on the pole position at the moment then. :dance:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: . Did you like the game?

It was fun, but I got a bit bored of it near the end to be honest. If it wasn't for this contest, I'd probably not have platted it ?

5 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Well done! You're on the pole position at the moment then. :dance:

Are you going to add the Tomb Raider games to the list? If so, then I'll buy it on the PSN store to play. Otherwise God Eater is probably the last game I"ll play from the list.I was going to play Far Cry 5 but I just looked at the trophy list and I hate games with a lot of online trophies. And since you have to win 10 matches online and I suck at playing online, I won't play it ?

Edited by ZeroGeass1

Just now, ZeroGeass1 said:

Are you going to add the Tomb Raider games to the list? If so, then I'll buy it on the PSN store to play it. Otherwise God Eater is probably the last game I"ll play from the list.

Will do. You can start them of your own volition, I will add them just not today probably.

Sorry I haven't been active in this contest. Had some friends let me borrow a move and a lot of games so my focus was all that so I could return them. I might play some of the games on the list but I doubt I can be competitive with everyone so far ahead. Congrats to the 3 or 4 people going strong in this contest. Good luck to whoever wins.

5 minutes ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

It was fun, but I got a bit bored of it near the end to be honest. If it wasn't for this contest, I'd probably not have platted it 1f61b.png

Yeah, the post-game grind is boring. I hope my characters were useful with farming materials. Would you mind exchanging cards once more, so I can get your endgame character?

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, the post-game grind is boring. I hope my characters were useful with farming materials. Would you mind exchanging cards once more, so I can get your endgame character?

One of the most annoying things in the game was the Far East Collection trophy. Trying to find a material to craft in such a big list without a search option or any alphabetical sorting was extremely time consuming. It took me about 87 hours to get the platinum. And yes, your character was very useful, always used them in every mission after the story ended! And thanks again for the guide, it was very helpful!!

Sure, send me a message when I'm online and we can exchange cards then!