Is there another way to play uncensored version of the game other then NA version?

2 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Yes, both PS1 and PS2 are definitely region locked. Mod chips were a thing back then. PS3 had the capability of region lock, too, but it was barely ever used, only for one or two games afaik. DVDs and BDs (films) are region locked.

Mod chips or swap magic. Good times, haha. No wait, it sucked. Pretty awesome that this is (mostly) a thing of the past.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Oh, ok, didn't know that. Then what's the purpose of that lock if everyone has the key?

You're limited to the amount of times you can change the region code, I think it's 5 or 6 times total

Edited by SnowxSakura
Double posted

12 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Oh, ok, didn't know that. Then what's the purpose of that lock if everyone has the key?

I'm fairly certain blue ray doesn't have a region code either, that's partly why PS3 and PS4 games are region free. Except that you need a HDMI cord for PS3 games to work. Other countries just do things differently, like Australia is well known for being the nanny state and China censors literally everything until they don't think it's a threat to their dictatorship anymore.

31 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

I'm fairly certain blue ray doesn't have a region code either, that's partly why PS3 and PS4 games are region free. Except that you need a HDMI cord for PS3 games to work. Other countries just do things differently, like Australia is well known for being the nanny state and China censors literally everything until they don't think it's a threat to their dictatorship anymore.

It depends on the film and the company that puts it out on disc, because there are a lot of region locked Bluray films out there e.g. the Scream Factory release of "The Thing" is locked to Region A (US, Canada and certain other countries) and The Studio Canal UK release of Ponyo is locked to Region B (Europe, Japan and various other countries) but then you get films like the Evil Dead Remake that are Region free by default. This site will tell you if any given film is Region locked or Region free: http://www.dvdcompare.net/. Also, AFAIK, All UHD 4K Blurays are region free by default ?.

• 4 years later...

I played through the UFO section last night, had no idea that those "Censored" screens replaced an actual scene NA got to see... i just thought it was part of the comedy

Being in europe i think i found the censored screens way funnier than if i saw the actual scene :D

• Like 2