1999 Mode + Scavenger hunt

EliteVega

well i'm over half of it in 1999 mode+ scavenger and i can say it's one of the most fun games i played! i mean, it's not that kind of ridiculous hard difficulty game like some titles we all played at some point where you feel like just throwing the controller off the wall ( i'm looking at you, grenade stash from COD WaW veteran) . it's just plain simple if you use ur head, cover and restart checkpoint instead of just dying to save money. and as someone said above, anyone can do the game however they want. you don't need to use a specific vigor or weapon, you'll get by with whatever you like.

Edited by drevviill
  • Like 2

I'm currently playing 1999 + Scavenger as well. There's a lot of stuff lying around everywhere, I don't miss using vending machines.

Just left the Hall of Heroes, things went very smooth in there, inside Wounded Knee I killed every enemy leaving the crow for last and just kept running around - he doesn't do any damage if you keep running and escaping, shooting him every once in a while when you can. That's the same strategy I use for motorized patriots whenever there's an obstacle in the middle of the room, run around it and shoot the bastard when I can. I only died in the Hall of Heroes one time, because of being stupid in the last part running around the rotunda without taking any cover.

I find the Crow ability to be extremely useful with regular enemies and I also recommend upgrading that one, because enemy corpses become crow traps once they're dead, that's very convenient. And my choice of weapons is the shotgun and the carbine, although I run out of bullets with the carbine all the time and often take a pistol instead.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2014 at 3:18 PM, Kimberly001 said:

I'm currently playing 1999 mode and I'm stuck outside of the office of Jeremiah Fink.  I'm having difficulty killing the Handyman.  I hate him!!!

I would help, but i cant remember that part. There was one section where the handyman raped me every time, its where you see the chick through the window :P

Edited by STRANGEgenius
  • Like 2

also guys, here is the siren ( lady comstock ) problem solved.

. personally i didn't get time to lay traps in the last battle so i went another way. so if it happens the same to you, just shock jockey then kill her zombies so they will disintegrate( is that word correct?) and she won't have what to ressurect anymore. then it's piece of cake you vs her alone.

Vigors are your friend.

Use this guide, he finishes the game only using vigors on 1999 mode (and melee). It turns siren fights (the most difficult) into a cake walk.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjZ-T_oBhMmEkTKzdgscp9AXbyw9gUmBT

Some things I learned in the game and after watching these videos are as follow-

1) Bucking bronco and shotgun on group of enemies (with overkill gear) works like a charm.

2) Increase stun duration on murder of crows and keep using it on Handyman and keep attacking them. They can't do shit.

3) Undertow is the best vigor in the game. Upgrade it ASAP and use it on group of enemies or Patriots (yeah this is the Patriot killer).

4) Set Upgraded Devils Kiss traps (like 8,9) for the siren fights. and use charge on her. Devils Kiss traps will take her health down to 20-30%. Charge twice or thrice and she is dead.

P.S. - Even if you have completed the game I would recommend watching some of the videos.

Edited by Isaac5589

• 6 years later...

Hey. Quick question:

In my first playthrough (on Easy), I occasionally bought ammo from Dollar Bill machines. Now I'm playing on 1999 Mode without buying anything from Dollar Bill. Will the Scavenger Hunt :gold: pop in this playthrough? Thank you.

P.S. I'm playing the PS4 version, by the way.

21 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Hey. Quick question:

In my first playthrough (on Easy), I occasionally bought ammo from Dollar Bill machines. Now I'm playing on 1999 Mode without buying anything from Dollar Bill. Will the Scavenger Hunt :gold: pop in this playthrough? Thank you.

P.S. I'm playing the PS4 version, by the way.

Yes, the trophy will still unlock at the end as long as you don't purchase anything from a Dollar Bill during your current 1999 mode playthrough. Any previous playthroughs won't affect the trophy.

• Like 2