weapons not leveling much

Taliesin_2943

im on the second playthrough and most of the weapons get to level 7 or so just fine but then they either stop leveling or they level super slow like afew guns ive killed about 300+ with them and they are still sitting at level 7 and no dicernable progress on them any tips am i just killing too weak of enemies? im on aridia trying the sand shark method listed in one of the forums 

Are you sure ur not using the infinite ammo cheat? Also some weapons level faster then others depending on the enemies. The Blargian snagglebeast was great for most of the weapons, just unload on him at first and kill yourself before you finish him. My last one was the Goatinator, it took forever to level up and do not work on the beast. When i get to Quartu i started killing 6 of the 7 warbots at the beggining and killing myself after. Also it was my second run on challenge mode.

1 minute ago, JSVilleneuve said:

Are you sure ur not using the infinite ammo cheat? Also some weapons level faster then others depending on the enemies. The Blargian snagglebeast was great for most of the weapons, just unload on him at first and kill yourself before you finish him. My last one was the Goatinator, it took forever to level up and do not work on the beast. When i get to Quartu i started killing 6 of the 7 warbots at the beggining and killing myself after. Also it was my second run on challenge mode.

im deffinitly not using infinit ammo cause im running out of ammo and killing myself to replenish

40 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

im deffinitly not using infinit ammo cause im running out of ammo and killing myself to replenish

I wouldn't really worry about it. I was in the same shoes as you, but once you get to the final 3 planets or so (especially last one) you will level them up like a breeze. I only had to "grind" only 2 weapons when i reached end of challenge mode.

The best place to upgrade weapons is the boss level on nebula G34 blarg research station. Get his health to about 30% and then jump into the lava, you should spawn with max ammo and if you need any you can smash any of the boxes that spawn around you.

• Like 1

Wait until the very end, after you don't transform into Quark anymore

You'll come to an open area with all sorts of enemies

Go to town on them with each weapon, then just fall down a gap and die

Rinse and repeat

I only had a few levels on a few guns and it took maybe 6 resets to fill them all

I also died before turning the crank on the right to open the bridge

• 3 years later...

Yep, last video is a good spot, on Rilgar. Also a good one to get to *20 multiplier.

Grinded some 'not so used' weapons here for half an hour or so and moved on. But yeah, last planet warbots give some nice xp, so you shouldn't have a problem.