Can I boost all of the trophies with this method?

Hello all, I was considering going for 100% in this game.

What you need:

1. 1 PS3 and 1 PS4 (with a PS Now subscription) you can also use PS3 systems to replace the PS4's

2. 2 controllers for both systems (Turbo may be recommended so you do not get kicked for AFKing, but should be ok with normal ones)

3. Strong internet connection (PS Now uses a lot of bandwidth)

Team A:

1. Main Account
  2. Splitscreen
  3. Main  Account
  4. Splitscreen
  5. Main Account

Team B:

1. PS Now Account
  2. Splitscreen
  3. PS Now Account
  4. Splitscreen
  5. PS Now Account

This will ensure you can form a small group that can all show up at a designated time to boost. It is also fewer people to boost for. I'm not entirely sure you can use split screen U3 on PS Now, but if someone can confirm that would be great. I've read about a lot of players that used multiple PS3's to boost, so I don't see why this shouldn't work, but let me know if it doesn't or if there is a way to improve it.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
Correction

The minimum number to boost a majority of the medal trophies s not six with splitscreen, it's three with splitscreen. So basically you can do what you suggested with just three people with extra controller each.

Also the splitscreen mode I believe is a DLC pack, and the PS Now version very likely does not have any of the DLC. I used Uncharted 2 PS Now to boost some stuff and that one did not have DLC despite being the digital goty edition. I would assume Uncharted 3 is the same but who knows.

U3 mp, with the exception of three team deathmatch, needs ten players to boost effectively. That's six PS3's at minimum (No idea about PS4 and ps now). Two systems split screen and one normal for each team.

Edited by Rowdi

5 hours ago, IDiivil said:

The minimum number to boost a majority of the medal trophies s not six with splitscreen, it's three with splitscreen. So basically you can do what you suggested with just three people with extra controller each.

Also the splitscreen mode I believe is a DLC pack, and the PS Now version very likely does not have any of the DLC. I used Uncharted 2 PS Now to boost some stuff and that one did not have DLC despite being the digital goty edition. I would assume Uncharted 3 is the same but who knows.

Well, the version on PS Now is the GOTY edition, so it should have everything.

4 hours ago, Rowdi said:

U3 mp, with the exception of three team deathmatch, needs ten players to boost effectively. That's six PS3's at minimum (No idea about PS4 and ps now). Two systems split screen and one normal for each team.

Correct, instead of 6 you only need 3 with this method.

Game mode wins are 'easier' without boosting, but if you don't really like the game boosting that way can be possibly the cheapest option.

Focus your boosting efforts in the treasures for hunter arena. Btw, to have better results, change the dummy account from every now and then. When I boosted with different people, I got a new treasure in a couple of matches.

17 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Correct, instead of 6 you only need 3 with this method.

Only if you're boosting medals in three team deathmatch. The rest of the mp will need six systems.

Edit: @charlijaen

All the game modes besides tdm are dead now. Boosting is the only way to go.

Edited by Rowdi

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Are you saying that split screens do not work in other game modes?

No, you can split screen in other game modes too.

One split screen equals one system. It takes two split screens and one normal to fill one team (3 systems). It takes two teams (6 systems) to start a ten player game mode. 

Edited by Rowdi

4 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

No, you can split screen in other game modes too.

One split screen equals one system. It takes two split screens and one normal to fill one team (3 systems. It takes two teams  (6 systems) to start a ten player game mode. 

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but you would have 3 systems on one team PS3's with split screens and another 3 PS4's with PS Now and split screens on the other team. 6 systems, but only 3 people.

Edit: Wait is this game 5 v 5 teams? I haven't touched it in years.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

6 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but you would have 3 systems on one team PS3's with split screens and another 3 PS4's with PS Now and split screens on the other team. 6 systems, but only 3 people.

Edit: Wait is this game 5 v 5 teams? I haven't touched it in years.

Yes, its 5v5 and your set up should work provided the PS Now has mp access.

Keep in mind that there will be a lot going on between actual boosting and minding the alt accounts to keep them from timing out. Doesn't seem like much just talking about it, but you'd be surprised.

1 minute ago, Rowdi said:

Yes, its 5v5 and your set up should work provided the PS Now has mp access.

Keep in mind that there will be a lot going on between actual boosting and minding the alt accounts to keep them from timing out. Doesn't seem like much just talking about it, but you'd be surprised.

I used the PS Now method to boost on Killzone 2 so I am aware of how annoying it is lol. Turbo controllers would fix that, but not everyone has them. I was just trying to cut down on how many actual players I would need. My experience hasn't been that great when I try to do larger boosting teams. 

On 3/23/2018 at 11:31 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

I used the PS Now method to boost on Killzone 2 so I am aware of how annoying it is lol. Turbo controllers would fix that, but not everyone has them. I was just trying to cut down on how many actual players I would need. My experience hasn't been that great when I try to do larger boosting teams. 

The group I'm in has five, including me, and I feel like that would be the optimum number. There are three of us that have two PS3's and we will have to use them occasionally. 

A group of three is doable. There will just be a couple of guys managing four controllers at some point. 

Edited by Rowdi
Grammar

17 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

The group I'm in has five, including me, and I feel like that would be the optimum number. There are three of us that has two PS3's and we will have to use them occasionally. 

A group of three is doable. There will just be a couple of guys managing four controllers at some point. 

Will the updated strategy I edited work in the first Post?

Just now, sepheroithisgod said:

I'll check later today, but it should since it is the GOTY edition on PS Now.

It may, since the DLC is apparently on disc. Uncharted 2 however had no DLC on PSnow like I said, even though the goty edition is the only digital edition available.

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

Oh, then sorry for the comment. I thought the game was still populated.

No problem. It's understandable. Nothing left but try-hards now. Mess up and let one person time out and one of these guys wreak havoc on your boost.

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 1:35 AM, Rowdi said:

Mess up and let one person time out and one of these guys wreak havoc on your boost.

Haven't tried U3 mp yet, but would like to confirm - in U2 randoms could not join a game, which was in progress. Looks like it has changed in U3? And there is still no "vote kick" functionality?

6 hours ago, scFlinT-us said:

Haven't tried U3 mp yet, but would like to confirm - in U2 randoms could not join a game, which was in progress. Looks like it has changed in U3? And there is still no "vote kick" functionality?

Randoms can join games in progress and there's no vote to kick.

• Like 1