Respek

Bbrit1776

You need to get intentionally walked.  Keep in mind the CPU is more likely to hand out an IBB late in close games with first base open, and runners on 2nd and/or 3rd and a weak hitter on deck.

This was the last trophy I needed and I got it playing as a Legends team against a regular NL team.  I put those two developer players on the team in the lineup to create more weak places in my lineup.

My lineup looked like this:

1 Good player

2 Good player

3 40-ish OVR dev player

4 Good player

5 Good player

6 40-ish OVR dev player

7 Good player

8 Good player

9 Pitcher

Then I advanced the game to the 6th inning and started playing.  As long as the score is close and you can get someone on 2nd/3rd before one of your weak hitters or pitcher, you'll probably get it.  I got it quickly with this setup.  Had a runner on 2nd and 2 outs with one of the 40-ish OVR players on deck when I got the intentional walk.

• Like 4

Or you can just play Yankees vs Giant put Judge at 8spot (before the SP) try to have someone at 3B so CPU SP pass Judge to pitch Human (your)SP

Also recommended  2outs is perfect for this situation

You can also move your bench so before 9th inning you have nobody in bench CPU will pass you even fast (try to let playing week players and a few bombers such as Judge , Sanchez) and as this guy post on top  intercale  them (always judge at 8spt before your SP) . good luck

• Like 2

On 3/26/2018 at 7:09 PM, dmland12 said:

You need to get intentionally walked.  Keep in mind the CPU is more likely to hand out an IBB late in close games with first base open, and runners on 2nd and/or 3rd and a weak hitter on deck.

This was the last trophy I needed and I got it playing as a Legends team against a regular NL team.  I put those two developer players on the team in the lineup to create more weak places in my lineup.

My lineup looked like this:

1 Good player

2 Good player

3 40-ish OVR dev player

4 Good player

5 Good player

6 40-ish OVR dev player

7 Good player

8 Good player

9 Pitcher

Then I advanced the game to the 6th inning and started playing.  As long as the score is close and you can get someone on 2nd/3rd before one of your weak hitters or pitcher, you'll probably get it.  I got it quickly with this setup.  Had a runner on 2nd and 2 outs with one of the 40-ish OVR players on deck when I got the intentional walk.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:28 PM, elgustinland17 said:

Or you can just play Yankees vs Giant put Judge at 8spot (before the SP) try to have someone at 3B so CPU SP pass Judge to pitch Human (your)SP

Also recommended  2outs is perfect for this situation

You can also move your bench so before 9th inning you have nobody in bench CPU will pass you even fast (try to let playing week players and a few bombers such as Judge , Sanchez) and as this guy post on top  intercale  them (always judge at 8spt before your SP) . good luck

Thanks guys. Got the trophy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I did this by sticking in a terrible player in spot 5, and playing a 1-inning game (batting second) at Polo Grounds, as it was much easier to get base hits there w/ max sliders (instead of accidental HRs)
Concede no runs in the top inning
#1 hits single, #2 hits double (so players on 2nd and 3rd), #3 gets out deliberately
Then #4 gets intentionally walked
= trophy ?

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

I've tried everyones methods... Nothing seems to be working. For a common trophy this is quite weird one. Tried like 2 seasons of rtts and nothing. Changed the difficulty from rookie to higher and nothing still. Just asking if it depends on the team you are playing or if it is just random luck. I've also tried the forced methods above and nothing is triggering the trophy. Urggggh what a terrible final trophy before platinum... 

Does anyone have any suggestions at all, I'm almost at the point where I want to snap the disc in half.... this is so frustrating... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, jq291 said:

I did this by sticking in a terrible player in spot 5, and playing a 1-inning game (batting second) at Polo Grounds, as it was much easier to get base hits there w/ max sliders (instead of accidental HRs)
#1 hits single, #2 hits double (so players on 2nd and 3rd), #3 gets out deliberately
= trophy 1f3c6.png

This method works the best out of everything listed here.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 12/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, jq291 said:

= trophy 1f3c6.png

Did your method & it worked! Chose the Mid Century Groundballers (Legends) located after AL/NL AllStars in PLAY NOW.
Made them on Road at SF Giants in AT&T Park, chose Gibson vs Bumgarner.

I replaced the #5 and #7 batters in the order with the level 40 guys. I got an infield error to start the game, fly out with second hitter then the double with batter #3 which was Ruth. H. Killebrew was up fourth and before the cursor came on screen the Intentional Walk cutscene showed up. Really great method here, Main thing is you must set the exhibition game to ONE Inning or CPU won’t be as urgent to put a runner on. And either you get this with no outs or one out, the CPU seems to NEVER walk batters with two outs even if they are weak or the pitcher spot.

• Like 2