Which ending is canon?

XLordXNightmareX

• 1 month later...

My best bet is either the railroad or the Minutemen and I'll break down as to why I think why (of course nothing officially stated but still) 

1. The Institute: Pretty safe to say their ending isn't canon as every other factions ending has them destroyed, and they are the antagonists to pretty much all other factions and there is mass hysteria against them for good reason. 

2. Brotherhood: Well the brotherhood isn't really depicted as the amazingly good guys that you can always count on even in their own questlines, for one you are sent to threaten farmers at settlements to supply you or else, unlike in 3 they were the heroes fighting for the "civilians" the way the brotherhood acts in this game is like Nazi's and fanatics, don't get me wrong they are my favorite faction and who I run with all the time. In fallout 3 they were like heroes for the people in 4 the people is definitely none of their concern not to mention they have almost no tolerance for the "good" super mutants and the non feral ghouls. They also don't believe synths should exist even when Danse serves the brotherhood as faithful as anyone could hope to. Synths are an iffy topic because there can be arguments for either really but I'd like to believe they matter, just because you are a robot or skin and bones doesn't make me like R2D2 any less for example lol 

3. Railroad they are somewhat likely as they are a faction with good intentions wanting to save the synths from the Institute and the Brotherhood too really. But the weird thing is they don't seem to really care about helping regular people? Anyways I don't see them making the ending where the brotherhood gets blown up as the canon one as, of course, the brotherhood would still exist but a massive blown would have been dealt.

4. The Minutemen: I'd say this is the mostly likely option as the Minutemen are the most hopeful faction, they want to help everyone and this allows the railroad to exist and the east brotherhood to keep the prydwen and appear in a later game. 

Anyways it's all up to interpretation and this is simply mine :) 

• Like 2

I doubt the impacts of the ending will be seen in any future Fallout games. But if I had to choose I'd say the Minuteman route feels like the most "True" ending since it doesn't end in the demise of a major faction, or at least a big part of a major faction anyway. And since the Institute ending is much different than the others, it probably wouldn't be the canon ending if there was one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's definitely not the Institute since the synths are the only faction that prior to the sole survivor joining will shoot you without question at every encounter, In my opinion, the Minutemen are the best hope for the commonwealth, The Railroad want to help synths and The Brotherhood don't seem to hold the commonwealth's interests. They only seek to find technology and keep it for themselves and keep it from everyone else. It has to be the Minutemen

• Like 1