DrakeHellsing

Tips on the Valkyries

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Please don't mention the one in the fire realm... so much hatred against her I had xD

 

But yeah, spamming abilities when i could was how I got through those fights, including the Queen herself.  Each ability seemed to take off a section/bar of her health (you know how their health bar has sections in it, that's what I'm meaning).  Had to use a beserker stone in that one.  Wanted to go with that for damage and health recovering in one go.

I must have had a bad night. cause tonight following your left tips. went and wrecked the Val. and now just need one anchor of fog and I'm done the area. not one death. thanks haha

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I must have had a bad night. cause tonight following your left tips. went and wrecked the Val. and now just need one anchor of fog and I'm done the area. not one death. thanks haha

No worries at all.  I went through that area on easy mode actually, made the fight easier, and the  fog didn't deplete as quickly, was able to make one full loop around the labyrinth before I would need to get out.

 

But again, no problem at all.  Good luck for when you have to face the Queen ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

No worries at all.  I went through that area on easy mode actually, made the fight easier, and the  fog didn't deplete as quickly, was able to make one full loop around the labyrinth before I would need to get out.

 

But again, no problem at all.  Good luck for when you have to face the Queen ;)

I reluctantly dropped it down to easy because that fog was so annoying and grindy having to run out half way through.  

 

Next up is the Valkyrie so these tips will help.  Forged the two best armors and am ready I think.  Then l'll finish up the story before tackling the other 7 and the queen, along with the rest of the ravens and anything else I missed.

 

Might give the Valkyries a few tries on normal before doing them on easy though.  

Edited by Snake2410
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I reluctantly dropped it down to easy because that fog was so annoying and grindy having to run out half way through.  

 

Next up is the Valkyrie so these tips will help.  Forged the two best armors and am ready I think.  Then l'll finish up the story before tackling the other 7 and the queen, along with the rest of the ravens and anything else I missed.

 

Might give the Valkyries a few tries on normal before doing them on easy though.  

Fun fact, first time I went up against the Queen, she was purple health, so I made some Valkyrie armour for myself, put the best things into the sockets as I could... dropped her down to yellow health, so I evened it out xD

 

But yeah, the Valkyries are much more manageable on easy mode for sure, though the Queen is still an outright pain x.x

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only move that really pissed me off that one the Valks used along with the Queen is the one where they spin, launch in the air, and stomp on your neck, because you can be doing good for a majority of the fight and if she lands that shit, your health is basically gone

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I really enjoyed all the fights, just wish they could be replayed without the need of a new playthroughs, even trough all of then have different attacks and powers, the combination of rune attacks can really overcome then. Just make sure you have maxed weapons and armor and you're good to go :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Valkyrie Queen fight was really tough but I found if you use the Talisman of The Realms it makes it a lot easier. So use all your runic attacks and then activate the Talisman to slow her down while you hit her with normal attacks - also really useful to help you collect health stones without being attacked by her. Then go straight into runic attacks again. The talisman won't be ready to be used again yet so use Rage of The Spartans while you wait for it, then your runic attacks again and then Talisman while you hit her with normal attacks. This should nearly have her beaten. Using this strat I didn't even need my resurrection stone. Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Hogie838
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or does the 4th Valkyrie (Eir) have 1 move that cannot be blocked? She slams down, and a blinding light happens. I've tried both shield and dodge. It also doesn't matter how far away you are. It does so much damage and it's quite annoying. The first 3 were actually easy to adapt to, but not her. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zach said:

Is it just me or does the 4th Valkyrie (Eir) have 1 move that cannot be blocked? She slams down, and a blinding light happens. I've tried both shield and dodge. It also doesn't matter how far away you are. It does so much damage and it's quite annoying. The first 3 were actually easy to adapt to, but not her. 

 

Knock her out of the air while she's charging it with an axe throw or Atreus' arrows.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defeating all valkyries at maximum difficulty is an equally compelling challenge. although i was still in the middle of the game i already tried 2 times and i was completely decimated.
reminds me some boss battles on hell and hell (dmc4)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please confirm that the Valkyrie in Helheim is bugged? She has this stupid Valhalla attack which: Sometimes happens without the animation; kills you without the option to get revived from boy (about 50% of the times, the screen just fades black); even starts the attack while stunned from rage mode, killing you in rage mode; goes through the "Charge of the white bear" light runic attack (which is 100% a bug, it's the only attack that does that. When I use that attack, she just uses her Valhalla attack and gets me 100% of the time as I cannot abort the animation).

 

I've created a build that is working great on everything else (in the game and in the fight), it's just this Valhalla bullshit that doesn't respect the rules of the game. And she game even spam it multiple times in a row.

 

Edit: Just got her btw, but she was the first enemy in the game that felt broken. Not hard, just broken. Left a bad feeling of the game today :-(

Edited by bioxz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 11:25 AM, nazareth357 said:

The only move that really pissed me off that one the Valks used along with the Queen is the one where they spin, launch in the air, and stomp on your neck, because you can be doing good for a majority of the fight and if she lands that shit, your health is basically gone

I agree with that move.  They essentially have to stomp on you at least 2 to 3 times before you can push them off, even if you're tapping x when it starts.  So if you're low on health, you will die to that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Done all the valks. Even the Queen was pretty easy. Though I did die but the rez stone brought me back and the sparta rage helped me finish her off. Basically make sure Atreus have the wolf skill along with the runic vest the one that gives u more heal potency from hp pickups. I did all valks except queen with traveller set. And cooldown spec > runic > def. I was over 200 cooldown. My runic abilities reset under 15 and  30secs. And since you have 2 weapons to switch its pretty constant runic abilities. Also have rez stone in case and save before fight. 

 

Just basically pray. Bum rush the valk from behind. Go in deep. Pop the wolves on her. And spam those 4 arrow shock shots. Pop your runics. 1 after another. Goid chance shell be down to half life then or a little even lesser. Dodge a little till runic is all up. Wait for 4 arrows!! Repeat. Wolves may be up if so great. Remember u have the R1+O ability too. Use it. 

 

Its good to know their mechanics a bit. That way u can just stay back till runics are up rather just staying up in their face whole fight and pray everything hits.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
Oh yeah save full rage for fight so you can pop it too early after runics. It takes a good 20%-30% of their hp if u hit them 100%.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.