How to Measure All Giant Gold Crowns - Giant Crown Master

Hello, I don't own the game and the last MH I played was MHFU about 10 years ago...

Yet, I'm very curious to the places you choose, are they guaranted to have giant monsters? And what then, do you need to do something specific or just beat it to a pulp.

On 5/27/2018 at 0:47 PM, GastNDorf said:

Hello, I don't own the game and the last MH I played was MHFU about 10 years ago...

Yet, I'm very curious to the places you choose, are they guaranted to have giant monsters? And what then, do you need to do something specific or just beat it to a pulp.

There are certain event quests that gives a higher chance of earning crowns, but otherwise, it's all RNG. Investigations with at least one Gold and Silver reward just seem to give a better chance of spawning monsters at the sizes that give you crowns.

Just to give you an idea of how random it is, yesterday I was crown hunting for the Tobo Kadachi. In over 50 investigations, I got the small crown three times, but I've yet to get the giant crown. Yet this morning, I tried an investigation for the Tzitzi-Ya-Ku and got both crowns within three attempts.

• 7 months later...

Just want to say a massive thanks for all these incredibly well done videos. I just got the plat and my save file clocked in at just over 200 hours though I’d probably add on another 20 to 25 hours due to save scumming my investigations. These videos made things a lot easier and certainly cut down the amount of time I had to grind for crowns.

• 1 month later...