PS4 Profile Games Played List not updating!

CousoSixFour

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, xcal_Scanner said:

I’ve had this problem for 2 years and now that the ps5 has arrived, it hasn’t updated the play time on games either (the ones that are even on my profile) could you give me some sources like an email that I could use to contact sony to fix this? Appreciated

Currently, Sony is limited in their operations, but the issue discussed in these forums is one that has happened many times and does get fixed. One of the most important things is that once it does get fixed you must either start the digital or physical copy of the game to get it to update your list. Have you done that for these games?

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2019 at 11:07 PM, VoidVictorious said:

I would call or message Sony as we all have. You should be fine playing what is already on the list but as others have said new stuff won’t match your trophy list so by its nature it looks a bit fishy.

When it has resolved the game will need to be launched for it to be displayed, but I have seen some weird stuff happen when this glitch is in effect. I would call and message as much as possible.

So this just happened to me for the 1st time ever and I was unaware of this bug until now not realizing how far back it dates but after reading several articles my understanding is until it fixes the only thing it affects is the "games played" section of my profile 

Once it's fixed I just have to reload each game to get it to show as others have done 

I'm a little confused on what might cause it to look fishy though?

I have stopped playing completely until I can figure that part out.

Any input would help greatly.

@VoidVictorious

Edited by SOCOM-WARDOG-45

On 5/28/2022 at 9:49 PM, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

So this just happened to me for the 1st time ever and I was unaware of this bug until now not realizing how far back it dates but after reading several articles my understanding is until it fixes the only thing it affects is the "games played" section of my profile 

Once it's fixed I just have to reload each game to get it to show as others have done 

I'm a little confused on what might cause it to look fishy though?

I have stopped playing completely until I can figure that part out.

Any input would help greatly.

@VoidVictorious

It just looks strange for the games list to not match your trophy list for ps4/ps5. Every time this has happened, hounding Sony to fix it has worked. I would submit a ticket and then go about your business. You can always load the game in later like you said and it will show up correctly.

34 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

It's also happened to me sometimes. Not much you can do about it except hound Sony for a fix or hope it corrects on its own.

Unfortunately I'll just have to wait for it to fix itself.

As per most people's experience I got 2 Reps that had no idea what I was talking about no matter how I described the "Games played" section of account media/profile and the 3rd Rep I got said it's a corrupt file on my hard drive and would have to send it in for repair.

Not sure how that works considering it affected thousands of people at the same time across years.

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Last time it happened, I reloaded the game and opened the PS App and it refreshed.

Tried that as recommended by a old reddit post 

No such luck.

It does eventually update after a few hours so I'm not sure what caused this

My other friends list is frozen solid 

6 days now and still won't update for him.

What really threw me off was how certain games will update asap and others won't.

11 hours ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

Tried that as recommended by a old reddit post 

No such luck.

It does eventually update after a few hours so I'm not sure what caused this

My other friends list is frozen solid 

6 days now and still won't update for him.

What really threw me off was how certain games will update asap and others won't.

Don’t bother calling. Submit a ticket through Sony’s site or hit them up on Twitter. This is how I’ve fixed it in the past with others.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Don’t bother calling. Submit a ticket through Sony’s site or hit them up on Twitter. This is how I’ve fixed it in the past with others.

Mine's still frozen after so many years, but whenever my friend has accidently started a game on their PS5 on my profile, it updates in a matter of seconds, so I think it might just be my PS4 or my internet. Anyways, going to try to submit a ticket and see what they can do about it.

9 hours ago, TA_317 said:

Mine's still frozen after so many years, but whenever my friend has accidently started a game on their PS5 on my profile, it updates in a matter of seconds, so I think it might just be my PS4 or my internet. Anyways, going to try to submit a ticket and see what they can do about it.

That's crazy how it affects different people in different ways but sometimes at the same time 

Out of curiosity I loaded up my original account on the same system with the buggy one and started roughly 25 games back to back

All showed up just fine

I submitted a ticket but no help yet

Okay so after several hours of scouting reddit and a few other sites I may have found the cause/problem 

The PS App.

My theory/experience 

I noticed almost every single person who experienced this at one point or another has mentioned the PS app and that got me thinking.

I myself had never even heard of this bug until a few days ago when I experienced it for the 1st time

"Day one ps4 owner"

Then I realized when I noticed this bug it was just 24 hours after I downloaded and linked my ps4 to the app on my phone for the 1st time as well 

So out of curiosity I deleted/unlinked the app, reset my ps4 "factory reset" signed back into my account and downloaded all my games plus some new ones.

Unless it its dumb luck/perfect timing it started working 100%.

14 hours ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

That's crazy how it affects different people in different ways but sometimes at the same time 

Out of curiosity I loaded up my original account on the same system with the buggy one and started roughly 25 games back to back

All showed up just fine

I submitted a ticket but no help yet

It has taken weeks to resolve in the past.

I have this issue on PS5 from wednesday june 1st. Since then i played 2 new games but i don't see them on my profile->games or on PS App. Trophies are fine even for new games and all games installed prior to june 1st have been updated normally.

I’m also having this issue. 

I have been playing The Order: 1886 and it’s not adding to my “Games Played” section of my profile no matter how many times I start it. 

Hopefully it’ll get fixed soon. 

EDIT: Started game again earlier and it’s now added. Think it’s just a random bug. 

Edited by Grundy_91

8 hours ago, FeindlicheKrabbe said:

Hi i don't know if my problem is related to this but the most recent games i played had a delayed update for showing on my ps4 list, but here on PSNP they have have not updated for days. ?‍♂️

You're in the right place.

Mine weren't updating at all but now they are somewhat updating hours later like you said "Delayed"

7 hours ago, alexstefan23 said:

I have this issue on PS5 from wednesday june 1st. Since then i played 2 new games but i don't see them on my profile->games or on PS App. Trophies are fine even for new games and all games installed prior to june 1st have been updated normally.

Trophies are luckily not affected but it is quite annoying to not see a accurate games played list

I'm unsure on ps5 as I don't have one but I've read when this bug happens that the "Time played" also won't track properly so keep a eye out

On 6/3/2022 at 6:10 AM, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

For most people that is lucky 

Unfortunately I met a small group of roughly 5 people who have had it permanently frozen since 2019

They tried everything including support tickets 

I’ve seen forum posts with people claiming that, but they primarily didn’t relaunch the games or didn’t want to. I really would keep it up with Sony and it should get fixed in a few weeks.

51 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I’ve seen forum posts with people claiming that, but they primarily didn’t relaunch the games or didn’t want to. I really would keep it up with Sony and it should get fixed in a few weeks.

I was constantly relaunching The Order to get it added on my games played and eventually it did add. 

So maybe, just keep trying and hopefully it’ll add. 

9 hours ago, Grundy_91 said:

I was constantly relaunching The Order to get it added on my games played and eventually it did add. 

So maybe, just keep trying and hopefully it’ll add. 

You can try that but if people keep reaching out it will be fixed and operate as it should. I’m not particularly satisfied launching a game more than once to get it recognized and added on my game’s list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

You can try that but if people keep reaching out it will be fixed and operate as it should. I’m not particularly satisfied launching a game more than once to get it recognized and added on my game’s list.

Sadly reached out every day and it was booted to a "Unresolved Issue" after being pushed to 2 different teams and my list is definitely permanently frozen now. Even games that would eventually update after a "Delay" are stuck in place.

I'll keep trying.