Vita crashes

det_gittes

10 minutes ago, Rexcalis said:

Never happened to me. The game works really well for me. The only problem i have is that saving game when you are starting new day takes about 20-30 seconds. But luckily its not that horrible.

The question is how much fishing have you done during you gameplay so far? This is the only time the game's crashed on me - during fishing. As for the saving time, iirc it also took a bit on PS4, this part doesn't really bother me too much. Like I said in my first post, I quite like the Vita version of the game and hope it will get patched to remove the crashes.

14 minutes ago, Rexcalis said:

Dunno why but i love fishing in this game. But it surprises me that saving takes a lot of time of PS4 as well. I thought that PS4 version would be at least on par with PC version.

Totally agree on fishing! As for saving, I played the game a year ago, so I think it takes a little bit, but definitely not 20 seconds, more like 10-15 maybe? And actually, on the Vita it also takes about 15 seconds, definitely below the 20 second mark.

1 hour ago, Legion_Immortal said:

It only crashed on me twice after transitioning to the next day.

After disabling the wi-fi it hasn't crashed yet so far.

That's an idea, I will test it later (4 crashes so far in about 3hrs of playtime, each time during fishing).

The game always crashes for me upon completing Journey of the Prarie King, no idea why, but that shuts me out of two trophies by itself, unfortunate. I'll probably just make a PS4 farm to run through those two trophies there.

I was thinking of buying this game but if it crashes frequently I think I'm just gonna pass, hopefully it gets patched in the future though as I did always want to try this game out. What are the odds that it just never gets patched or is that unlikely? 

I bought this game during the recent sale, but I’m only interested in the Vita version. It’s sad to hear that it has problems. Hopefully, they’ll get solved. I haven’t started it yet, but it seems an interesting game to play on my Vita.

I’m having the same issue. The error code is generic; it’s the same code for any game that crashes.

seems this is a big bug that’s affecting many people in many different ways. 

I made it to Summer 13 without having any problems. But now I cannot sell certain items without the game crashing. If I place them in the shipping bin, the game chrashes when I sleep. If I sell them in the shop, the game crashes instantly.

I tried to find a work-around. I threw the offending items (hot peppers) in the trash. Then waited to grow more. Just in case there was a bug when I first harvested them, that didn’t work. 

The issue also seems to be worsening.

Initially I could sell any peppers with stars, but selling any standard ones made the game crash... after cutting my losses and throwing the basic ones away, I harvested a second batch a few days later and now the ones with stars also crash the game..

currently I can play fine as long as I don’t try to sell anything. Nothing else has caused my game to crash, but I’ve not explored that many avenues.

I’ve tweeted the developer and explained the issue I’m having. I recorded a short video showing what happens. I’d advise anyone else having this issue to do the same. The fact the game is crashing at different points for everyone is going to make replicating it in-house will be difficult for the developer. So the more info people provide, the better. 

I’m unsure how much work (if any) Eric did on the Vita port. But he is usually pretty fast at bug fixes so hopefully this will be on his radar soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tortugaelefante said:

And the game becomes unplayable to me in 28th winter. Can't pass the night ... Waiting for the patch ...

At least you got to play through most of the year, I am stuck on Spring. Anyway, ConcernedApe tweeted today that they're working on the patch but no details when it will be out. Originally was planned was last week but people on reddit and the official SV forum found quite a lot more bugs so they probably want to address most if not all of them and not just the trophy crashes. Fingers crossed it will be before the end of the week!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 0:40 PM, det_gittes said:

My game has officially become unplayable, at first it kept crashing during fishing, so I took a break from it, now I can't progress beyond 22nd day of Spring as the game consistently crashes. Hope there's a patch on the way.

Might I suggest you re-index your Vita Database?

I ran into this with a different game (Kick And Fennick, I think it was)  I did it on a whim after realizing how much of a massive performance improvement it gave me to do a database rebuild on my PS3. So I did it on my Vita not only did the game load faster after the re-index, it stopped crashing entirely. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, obievil said:

Might I suggest you re-index your Vita Database?

I ran into this with a different game (Kick And Fennick, I think it was)  I did it on a whim after realizing how much of a massive performance improvement it gave me to do a database rebuild on my PS3. So I did it on my Vita not only did the game load faster after the re-index, it stopped crashing entirely. 

Thanks for the suggestion, I may do it at some point although the problem with this specific game has been mostly solved with the patch and with other games I think the Vita works fine - I've only been putting games on the memory card for the past 4 months or so (which is when I bought it), so maybe it hasn't clogged up yet, but definitely something to do in the future. The data on the card are not affected in the process, right?