$200+ Game Quote Giveaway [Winners Announced]

Zolkovo

Winner announcements  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer winners to be announced?

• Short video reveal, summarising the event
    • Simple mentions and/or PMs
    • No opinion

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

[...] I have some feedback too: the speed of the video when the winners are announced is too fast, as there are lots of quotes and text. As someone who didn't create the video (and didn't know where to look) I had to watch the video multiple times and pause it every time new text appeared. [...]

Thanks for the feedback, the pacing is so hard to get right. Some people found it too slow (including the non-gamers I showed before uploading), others found it too fast. I was trying to off-set that issue by having non-winner stuff out of focus or off-centre, but it was pretty tricky with my limited abilities. There were other factors like being wary of the total length of the video, perfect sync with audio cues etc. It's just a random hobby, I'm by no means a creative person by nature or trade xD

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

[...] As for the poll: I'm missing the option to vote for both a video and text reveal. [...]

Yeah I'm intentionally not including that option as it would be far too much work for people to just then take the shortcut (it's human nature ;)).

19 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

[...]

Reveal hidden contents

Vanitas : It's always about your friends, isn't it?

Ventus : At least I have some!

Kingdom Hearts : Birth By Sleep

[...]

Excellent, I've updated the winner announcement to reflect this!

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Thanks for the feedback, the pacing is so hard to get right. Some people found it too slow (including the non-gamers I showed before uploading), others found it too fast. I was trying to off-set that issue by having non-winner stuff out of focus or off-centre, but it was pretty tricky with my limited abilities. There were other factors like being wary of the total length of the video, perfect sync with audio cues etc. It's just a random hobby, I'm by no means a creative person by nature or trade xD

I liked the effects in the video a lot, so I'd disagree, but you'd know best. Curious what you could do if you were a creative person :hmm: .

16 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Yeah I'm intentionally not including that option as it would be far too much work for people to just then take the shortcut (it's human nature ;)).

Human nature doesn't apply to dragons :awesome: .

• Like 2

I really liked the video, but the laziness in me also wants to vote for a simple mention/PM. ? I think I'll vote for the video though, but if you don't hear from any of the winners within a day or two, I'd do a quick PM or something so they know about it. :hmm: 

• Like 1