Can't drop weapon to friend

@RAKAN_KSA_MAXThis for Dark Souls remastered? If so its bc they need to have a tier 1 version of the gear you drop based on element. Ie: if you have no chaos+1 you can only drop a base chaos weapon.

My testing stems from trying it with a raw weapon. I made one to lvl 9 and and raw weapon that was dropped could be dropped at +10. So yeah as long as your buddy has at least an upgraded form of the element you can only drop the base lvl ones. (+0)

Hook him up with some titanite to get what he needs to upgrade once and you should be fine.

On 6/8/2018 at 3:59 PM, RoxasOnFire said:

@RAKAN_KSA_MAXThis for Dark Souls remastered? If so its bc they need to have a tier 1 version of the gear you drop based on element. Ie: if you have no chaos+1 you can only drop a base chaos weapon.

My testing stems from trying it with a raw weapon. I made one to lvl 9 and and raw weapon that was dropped could be dropped at +10. So yeah as long as your buddy has at least an upgraded form of the element you can only drop the base lvl ones. (+0)

Hook him up with some titanite to get what he needs to upgrade once and you should be fine.

The max for raw is +5, not +10. 

I've dropped 10 fully upgraded weapons - one of each kind - for a friend and we didn't encounter any problems with this. He didn't have most of the weapon types at all, was missing nearly every ember and surely never upgraded any weapons (with the exception of a sword that needs Demon Titanite, which is not needed for a trophy). 

So either I'm misunderstanding your theory completely, or it's false.

1 hour ago, drthomys said:

The max for raw is +5, not +10. 

I've dropped 10 fully upgraded weapons - one of each kind - for a friend and we didn't encounter any problems with this. He didn't have most of the weapon types at all, was missing nearly every ember and surely never upgraded any weapons (with the exception of a sword that needs Demon Titanite, which is not needed for a trophy). 

So either I'm misunderstanding your theory completely, or it's false.

Meh who knows. I wouldn't call it a theory just a shitty recap of what I did.  All I know is when a buddy dropped everything for me he dropped nothing maxed except a raw wpn(and it popped the trophy for raw and all rare gear). Everything else was +1-5, and at the time all I had in my original  inventory that was leveled up was a +9 base rapier. My progress at the time in the story was no further than Sen's Fortress. So yeah, its doable.

Edited by RoxasOnFire

On June 8, 2018 at 2:21 PM, RAKAN_KSA_MAX said:

hi guys im having trouble with dropping weapon to my friend , any idea ?

You can only pick up weapons that are the same level or below as your current highest upgraded weapon level.

E.g if you have upgraded a weapon to +3  you can pick up drops from +0 to +3

What most people don't know is that unupgraded boss weapons and unique weapons count as normal +5 , therefore you need a normal +5 weapon to pick up any unupgraded boss  or unupgraded unique weapon.

It has always been like that, it's FromSoftware's unique Weapon Matchmaking. Look it up at fextralife if you need more info.

Edited by Sardavanua
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...