Some Snowbound Challenges Seem Impossible

AyAerith

I'm really not a fan of how incredibly luck-based this game is when playing by yourself. I spent over an hour restarting a race because my team wasn't capturing points or hills with me.

Anyways, rant aside, I cannot beat two challenges in particular. Six takedowns inside of a capture point, and then five takedowns while opponents are blinded by Enforcer. The problem with the countdown takedowns is once I've taken down as many as I can get (my record is 4), my entire team is instantly capturing points because there isn't anyone to take them out, and we win extremely fast. Most runs I can't even get more than 2 takedowns, let alone six. The second one is 5 shutdowns with Enforcer. Problem is I'm trying to gently nudge opponents to soften them up (required for this challenge), but I either take them down outright because I'm in a giant fucking Hummer, or they just ride off into the sunset because the map is so wide open. My record is 3 in ten attempts.

Anyone have any advice other than keep trying? Because I've been doing that and it isn't getting anything but more and more frustrating. After giving them each 10+ attempts, I'm on the brink of giving up and screwing my 100% platinum completion on my profile. 

Lockdown, It is luck based so it really sucks. You'll have to force your team out of the zone and let orange score so the game last longer, wait back until orange has the zone, onrush in there and take heaps out.
Shutdowns with enforcer is a bit difficult, reload the race until you get a few buggies or trucks, hit them once to shut them down/make them red then take them out. Or hit them on corners so they go into the wall. Got to have abit of a soft touch with them.

Thanks, I hate to admit it but those really, really annoying challenges were just 100% luck based. I kept restarting until I got a takedown pretty much immediately. I managed to use my rush ability to take down four (!!!!) opponents in the hill and that basically got me that challenge. For Enforcer, I started hitting them into walls and got it after another 10+ tries.

The only good news that comes out of this is that it will take so much longer to get 250 gear items than it will to finish everything else, so my time spent hung up on these stupid ass luck grinds was still well spent. I'm not sure why this game has duplicates coming out of loot boxes when they aren't even microtransaction loot boxes -___-

4 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

The only good news that comes out of this is that it will take so much longer to get 250 gear items than it will to finish everything else, so my time spent hung up on these stupid ass luck grinds was still well spent. I'm not sure why this game has duplicates coming out of loot boxes when they aren't even microtransaction loot boxes -___-

Yeah when it cost 3000 for an item but a duplicate you only get 300 back.
I got 250 items at level 76 along with a few dups'

Yeah it's really stupid. It's also 500 for a duplicate blue, so I assume only 1,000 for a duplicate purple. I'm getting duplicates every box, so it'll probably take me longer than 76 to get everything.

I won a Twitter contest and received the digital deluxe edition, I wonder if the 10 extra skins and 2 extra tombstones count towards the 250 items? I'll probably do a physical count when I get the trophy.

On 6/12/2018 at 0:36 AM, x1001x_Puppys said:

Yeah it's really stupid. It's also 500 for a duplicate blue, so I assume only 1,000 for a duplicate purple. I'm getting duplicates every box, so it'll probably take me longer than 76 to get everything.

I won a Twitter contest and received the digital deluxe edition, I wonder if the 10 extra skins and 2 extra tombstones count towards the 250 items? I'll probably do a physical count when I get the trophy.

I'm at level 51 and I just got my first duplicate. Hopefully it won't get too bad.

Edited by Eraezr

this game needs serious patches, the multiplayer is fun but the single player is super scripted (almost worse than pes), just play a lockdown match from the 2nd world and above and see how the enemy a.i unrealistically groups up and takes every point. 

also, for an arcade game, the controls are preety stiff and unforgiving. 

give this game a huge patch and more  game modes and it might still be popular in the near future. 

as far as trophies go, my only problem is with the gear trophy because I'm already getting a lot of duplicates and im only level 45.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

i really liked this game until i was down to 4 trophies. now i cant stand it. everything in the challenges starts becoming luck when you narrow it down. sometimes i fall so far behind in matches i cant get anywhere close to the enemies. even when i hit my rush boost special, they are still faster then me sometimes when i hit it right behind them. other times i fly past everyone when i dont want to. i get so far behind i just let it respawn me and even when it does that i fall far behind again and cant get the takedowns i need. i feel like this game predetermines what it wants to do at the start of a match. your either going to dominate or not. or sometimes it makes you think your going to win by winning 4 straight matches in a row and then your entire team falls behind and wont be able to catch the enemy ai as they win 6 straight. im so close to finishing i dont wanna stop but i really hate this game. i spent like 200k in points on items and the gear trophy didnt unlock and im level 78 so it makes me wonder how close i even am to 250 items. it also pisses me off at the end of the round when it says i have 10 medals, but only shows me the top 3 medals. theres just so much wrong with this game that ive had to google to figure out

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, melodicmizery said:

i really liked this game until i was down to 4 trophies. now i cant stand it. everything in the challenges starts becoming luck when you narrow it down. sometimes i fall so far behind in matches i cant get anywhere close to the enemies. even when i hit my rush boost special, they are still faster then me sometimes when i hit it right behind them. other times i fly past everyone when i dont want to. i get so far behind i just let it respawn me and even when it does that i fall far behind again and cant get the takedowns i need. i feel like this game predetermines what it wants to do at the start of a match. your either going to dominate or not. or sometimes it makes you think your going to win by winning 4 straight matches in a row and then your entire team falls behind and wont be able to catch the enemy ai as they win 6 straight. im so close to finishing i dont wanna stop but i really hate this game. i spent like 200k in points on items and the gear trophy didnt unlock and im level 78 so it makes me wonder how close i even am to 250 items. it also pisses me off at the end of the round when it says i have 10 medals, but only shows me the top 3 medals. theres just so much wrong with this game that ive had to google to figure out

1000000000% Agree. I'm in the same boat. Plus I've had inconceivable amounts on inconsistency throughout the gameplay and it's just so confusing and frustrating.

• 1 month later...

I got to the same snowbound challenges mentioned in the original post and just thought wtf?

No idea how I'm ever going to get them to be honest it's absolute madness, especially the takedowns in the zone in lockdown.

Challenges aside I actually love this game. If I could pick one game to have a more active multiplayer this would probably be it and I would play it all the time. Chances are the challenges will stop be getting the plat though.

• 5 weeks later...

Well im just about to finish the last series then go back through and get all the challenges. I have been half heartedly going for the challenges as i go along but not getting stuck up on then as I knew I would have to do multiple plays. This game is perfect as a secondary game playing alongside something else so the grind doesn't affect you so much. At the moment im playing this, fallout shelter, cod: warzone and city skyline so i can flip between them and avoid grind fatigue...