Starfield (September 6, 2023)

ziggypossum

• 1 month later...

I got the Starfield Limited Edition Xbox Wireless Headset and to my surprise there's this really cool easter egg when you turn the headset on: it plays a sound of a starship engine starting and systems booting. Also turning mic on or off makes a special sound. Really wasn't expecting to hear something like that. Hoping to get the matching controller soon as well. The color combo and design in these is just amazing.

The game looks promising as well and both me and husbando intend to try it out.

• Like 2

This game frankly, imho, looks awful. It looks so bland and ugly and grey to me.

Nothing in it screams ‘Wow, wasn’t this worth the wait?’

The character animations and faces still don’t look good enough, the combat and gunplay looks really bad and the exploration looks like it’ll be boring outside of cities as everything just looks rocky, grey, brown and white and bland as all hell.

I don’t get how people could be excited for this game. It doesn’t look even half as good as Fallout 4, even, and FO4 was a major step down in quality for Bethesda.

It just looks so generic and boring,L. Bland L, samey, procedural environments. Tacky, badly designed gunplay. Boring exploration and no real sense of wonder. Tacky implementation of NMS mineral mining.

Ya’ll Xbox players can keep this if this is the best M$ can offer as an exclusive. By PlayStation standards this honestly looks embarassing.

And it’s going to flop too as Xbox and PC won’t earn it enough sales to even break even due to being a Day 1 Game Pass release. The only way with that release strategy this game was ever going to break even and make a profit, was by releasing it to PS5, where you’d have to buy it to play it.

Well done M$, you played yourselves, again.

Edited by Stevieboy
unnecessary comment