EarthBound Finally Headed to Virtual Console

Crisis001

This is actually great news for those who have played and loved the EarthBound game back on the old SNES.  Remember when you rented it from the video store, it would come with a walkthrough (for me, it did)?

During Nintendo Direct 2 days ago, Nintendo announced that EarthBound will be headed to Wii U Virtual Console in the West this year.

A specific release date for EarthBound’s virtual console debut hasn’t been announced just yet, but look out for more details in the months to come.

Article from IGN!

The instruction manual was a walkthrough, along with this glorious big box

DSC01763.JPG

But honestly who cares about this. North American;s can already play Earthbound on our SNES (I still have my copy) what we want is Mother 1 and 3 to come over. This is why I hate Nintendo nowadays they really don`t have a clue anymore.

Been waiting for this ever since the Wii came out.  Got worried that my SNES cart's battery would die any time, especially since I already had to replace LttP's.  It'll be good to not have to worry about that once I get this...of course, I'd need a Wii U first, but from the sound of it, it won't be for a while, so I have lots of time.

Heck no on buying an Wii U just for one virtual console game where I can either do the following:

a) Dig out my SNES and hook it to my TV/PC to play on or

or
B) Buy a Retron and use that to play Earthbound. 

Still if this was on say 3DS yeah I'll be more incline to buy it and play it on the go like some other RPGs I play on the 3DS on the go. I mean you have the 6 buttons why not port the game into the VC for 3DS instead of the Wii U that's dying off.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/21/mother-3-translator-offers-localized-files-to-nintendo-for-free/

mother-3-translatio-490.jpg

With the recent announcement that Earthbound will be making its way to Nintendo'sVirtual Console service, confirming that the publisher hasn't totally forgotten about the series, Mother 3 translator Clyde Mandelin saw an opportunity to extend an offer to Nintendo. Mandelin recently took to the Mother 3 fan translation blog to express his interest in seeing the Game Boy Advance game officially localized for North American audiences.

"I realize that localizing a game this size can cost a lot, so if it'll help in even the slightest, I'll gladly offer to let Nintendo use my text translation files for any use at all, completely for free," Mandelin wrote. "I'll even edit the files to fit whatever new standards are necessary (content, formatting, memory size, etc.), completely for free. I'll even retranslate everything from scratch if need be. Just whatever it takes to get an official release out."

Mandelin, along with a team of devout Mother 3 fans, launched a patch for the game in 2008 that translates the entire Earthbound sequel to English. Mother 3 was originally developed by Brownie Brown, a Nintendo subsidiary now known as 1-Up Studio.

"In the end, if localizing Mother 3 should ever come up in a Nintendo business meeting or whatever and someone brings up budget concerns or it costing too much, my hope is that someone will at least mention this offer too, even if it isn't accepted," he added.
Edited by gamerm1337

Heck no on buying an Wii U just for one virtual console game where I can either do the following:

a) Dig out my SNES and hook it to my TV/PC to play on or

or

B) Buy a Retron and use that to play Earthbound. 

Still if this was on say 3DS yeah I'll be more incline to buy it and play it on the go like some other RPGs I play on the 3DS on the go. I mean you have the 6 buttons why not port the game into the VC for 3DS instead of the Wii U that's dying off.

As much as I want to play Earthbound,I don't want to buy a Wii U to play it.

I want a 3DS release of Earthbound (since I have a 3DS)

They did release both Mother 1 and 2 (EarthBound is Mother 2) on Gameboy Advance, but we never got to see it here.  Sucks ass really cause I would have bought it for sure.  Pisses me off cause it's the same thing with games like Brave Fencer Musashi or Saga Frontier on the PSone.  They got released on the Playstation Network in Japan, but here...  F?&* all!  I get they want to sell what makes money, but still...

• Like 1

They did release both Mother 1 and 2 (EarthBound is Mother 2) on Gameboy Advance, but we never got to see it here.  Sucks ass really cause I would have bought it for sure.  Pisses me off cause it's the same thing with games like Brave Fencer Musashi or Saga Frontier on the PSone.  They got released on the Playstation Network in Japan, but here...  F?&* all!  I get they want to sell what makes money, but still...

Oh yes I was wanting that when it was on the GBA but Nintendo dropped the ball on that. Not only it would of been on here in the US but it would of been on the 3DS virtual console system in the future. Nintendo needs to get their stuff together instead of releasing rehashes and right now people are seeing that all Nintendo does is release the same stuff.

• 2 months later...