State/safety of some big games' Multiplayer

ShinVeNNoM

Hi,

I'm not sure where I should post this as it's a global question regarding multiple games and Multiplayer as a whole. Instead of posting a thread on each of them, I thought it would be better to post here and hopefully have more chances to get answers. My apologies if it's not the best place to put it. 

So, I'd like to ask you guys about the state of some Multiplayer games and by that I mean actual population playing the game. I don't boost anything (ever) and that's why I'm asking this.

First, Tomb Raider, Uncharted 2 & 3 and The Last of Us on PS3. I always prefer playing the original games (first) on their original platform, with some exceptions depending on the state of the games, as they are the true vision of their creators (ports and remasters are often handled by different companies so it's never "the same" anymore no matter what). I'm wondering if those games are possible to complete at all in 2018 and if it would be wiser to just play the Definitive Edition, The Nathan Drake Collection and The Last of Us Remastered directly. I'm pretty sure Tomb Raider's Multiplayer is dead on either platform but I might have a better chance on the most recent one. Even at launch I never saw a lot of players anyway. 

Then, Battlefield 4 on PS4. For this one, I'd simply like to know the state of the player base and if most of the game modes are still alive. I don't think I could 100% it anymore but I just want to know if I could still have a good experience online as it is the heart of Battlefield.

Now, about Rockstar. I heard a lot about modders/cheaters/hackers on GTA. While I think I understood that -like CoD: World at War- GTA IV and V (PS3) are infested, is it the case for GTA V on PS4 too? And what about Red Dead Redemption? I'm not planning to play GTA V PS3 anyways, and I wouldn't mind not having (or even start) Multiplayer trophies for the others on PS3. But, I'd like to know if it would be safe to play and not take risks. The only one I really wish to play and work on in Multiplayer is GTA V on PS4, I suppose it's the only realistically achievable and the most healthy.

As a final note, are there known Multiplayer games to avoid altogether? 

I hope some of you can answer my questions. Take care everyone!

Most of all PS3 games you have to boost for. The servers are closing down for virtually every game so it’s only a matter of time before Uncharted and other highly popular titles get their servers closed. 

Be careful of MMOs. Dead Star and Marvel Heroes Omega proved that the lifespan of some MMOs are rather short. Personally I just don’t think they’re worth the hassle. If you enjoy Destiny 2, Overwatch, SMITE or Paladins, and want to get the trophies, that’s completely fine. The servers for those games are stable and they each have a dedicated fanbase. But not every MMO has this, some games die within a few months and you’re going to have to organize a boosting group. 

I hate boosting. I hate organizing a team when I would much prefer to get multiplayer trophies on my own. Uncharted 2 & 3 I will probably never 100 percent because the time you have to spend is absolutely ridiculous and I just cannot be asked to boost for hours and weeks on end. Doesn’t have to be in one go of course but you’re still going to spend a great deal of time on those Uncharted online trophies.

The only way to get the Run Like The Wind Trophy is to have a modder mark you in the game. A lot of people got flagged for this but I think they are more readily able to get this without being reported. Rockstar doesn’t give a fuck about the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto V, but that’s the only real way to earn that trophy. 

Assassins Creed games still have an active multiplayer so you should be fine on those. Like with any PS3 game you have to boost for those online trophies. Black Flag and Unity you’re also going to have to boost for but I hear they’re not as taxing as the older games. 

If you don’t want unobtainables, jump on those online trophies as soon as you can.

@Spaz Thank you for your advices. I see what you mean about boosting, but I don't boost anything (ever) as for me it's cheating. Is the "Run Like The Wind" trophy for GTA V in the same state on PS4? That's the one that would concern me as I don't plan to play the PS3 version. I will play the game anyway, but I will not start the Multiplayer if there is a chance to get modded by a random player. I heard it could happen in CoD: World at War and unlock all the trophies by just entering a lobby, which is pretty scary I think. So for GTA IV and maybe Red Dead Redemption (not sure if this one is safe or not) I will probably play the Story without even launching the Multiplayer once. Getting your profile ruined just by entering the wrong lobby would be awful.

Edited by ShinVeNNoM

• 3 years later...
On 9/15/2021 at 6:19 PM, lafnian1990 said:

Be careful with this not only because of the type of game. Today's games, and especially multiplayer games, are designed to never let you go, to be endless. I read a lot of stories and essays on safety on https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/safety/ about how to protect yourself from gambling addiction and fraud. Having a large online community of anonymous strangers and unfiltered, unmoderated discussions can present various potential risks.

Oh I most definitely agree, and people should always be careful.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:11 PM, Valzentia said:

No

Thanks. Although, now I'll just play GTA V directly on PS5 as I never started it haha. 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:25 PM, Sorelhoshi said:

hopefully you reconsider boosting at least for ps3 anyways since some of the games are impossible to do legit anymore due to dead servers :)

Never. :)

I kind of forgot this thread existed and it is 3 years old, so if a mod is around feel free to close it! Thank you.