Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

I think eventually. Going to finish the main game first. There is quite a leap in difficulty from easy-classic. I don't know what Hard is going to be like :o

Isn't Classic the hard difficulty? Enemies have an aim bonus and more health on Classic and have better weapons from the start. Try to capture live aliens to get their weapns and grenades and interrogate them to reduce the research times (afterwards you can use their corpse for autopsies). I always have at least 2 snipers with the Archangel armor with squadsight. One sniper has Into the Zone and the other one/two have Double tap. I mainly use the Heavy to destroy cover and Heat Ammo for Sectopods, the Assault has Lightning Reflex + Close Combat and is a scout for the snipers (Heavy + Assault have Titan armor) and the Medic has Ghost armor. I try to get at least 2 psionics with psionic armor.To get the final dlc trophy you need to take your new friend to the Temple Ship Assault. So if you're going to get the dlc, keep a save file from before the final mission.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Isn't Classic the hard difficulty? Enemies have an aim bonus and more health on Classic and have better weapons from the start. Try to capture live aliens to get their weapns and grenades and interrogate them to reduce the research times. To get the final dlc trophy you need to take your new friend to the Temple Ship Assault. So if you're going to get the dlc, keep a save file from before the final mission.

Sounds good. Also good idea about live aliens. It would mean I wouldn't have to spend money on buying beam weapons. The problem I am having is money. The states already left X-Com and I have two more countries pissed at me. I just don't have enough money to buy satellites. Also because I don't have any money I am still using crappy weapons and armour :(

Sounds good. Also good idea about live aliens. It would mean I wouldn't have to spend money on buying beam weapons. The problem I am having is money. The states already left X-Com and I have two more countries pissed at me. I just don't have enough money to buy satellites. Also because I don't have any money I am still using crappy weapons and armour :(

I was still editing my previous post, didn't expect to get a reply so soon. At the start of the game research alien weapons first and go for laser weapons. After that research the Alien containment and the Arc Thrower. Armor can wait for now. In the first 2 months always go for missions that reward engineers until you have 20. Build Satalite uplinks in a square formation so that they each give a bonus satalite to the other next/below/above them. You can loose up to 7 countries before you fail the game. In my Classic run I lost 5 countries. If you cover every country in a continent with satalites, abduction missions won't occur anymore in that continent. Sell corpses on the grey market, but keep 3-5 of any kind for unexpected requests.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I was still editing my previous post, didn't expect to get a reply so soon. At the start of the game research alien weapons first and go for laser weapons. After that research the Alien containment and the Arc Thrower. Armor can wait for now. In the first 2 months always go for missions that reward engineers until you have 20. Build Satalite uplinks in a square formation so that they each give a bonus satalite to the other next/below/above them. You can loose up to 7 countries before you fail the game. In my Classic run I lost 5 countries. If you cover every country in a continent with satalites, abduction missions won't occur anymore in that continent. Sell corpses on the grey market, but keep 3-5 of any kind for unexpected requests.

Good advice. I didn't know that about the square Uplink formation :)

Also is there away I can promote someone to sniper? They all keep promoting to Heavy :(

Good advice. I didn't know that about the square Uplink formation :)

Also is there away I can promote someone to sniper? They all keep promoting to Heavy :(

This is random. You can buy the New Guy upgrade from the Officer Training School. New Rookies will get promoted immediately when they arrive. Oh and btw that dlc guy always becomes a psionic Heavy.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Talk about bad luck :( , you can hire more recruits (save the game first) and see what you get. If it's not what you want, reload the game and hire again. Repeat until you get the classes you want.

good plan. :D

But I have Mortal Kombat, X-Com, Modnation Racers and Quantum of Solace going at once :o....that is a lot of ultra rare once done :D

1Ldc3b39.png

Hey I gotta ask you, did you actually enjoy Last Rebellion? If so, what did you like about it and what initially drew you to the game?

What initially drew me to the game was I wanted to play an RPG and I wanted an easy plat.

I DID not enjoy the game as the combat was very sloppily done and if you aren't using a guide it would have been a chore to play

What initially drew me to the game was I wanted to play an RPG and I wanted an easy plat.

I DID not enjoy the game as the combat was very sloppily done and if you aren't using a guide it would have been a chore to play

I agree with you very much on the combat. I saw the trailer and at the time (I don't know, maybe I was drinking) it looked good. Then I bought the game and I was sad for days.

the thing is with a guide the combat is broken so it serves no point :(

It could have been a fun game if more...TLC was included. Like, better voice actors...and better graphics...don't mean to be superficial but I have ps2 games that looked way better...the combat could have been fun if it was just...thought out more, I guess.... Last Rebellion to me, is just, like...the definition of an unfinished game. It's burned into my memory for all the wrong reasons. I don't think I've played a worst game. And it isn't a "so bad, it's good" game, it is just bad. And the devs themselves knew it was bad. There's an article apologizing to their fans for the game, I think. lol

It could have been a fun game if more...TLC was included. Like, better voice actors...and better graphics...don't mean to be superficial but I have ps2 games that looked way better...the combat could have been fun if it was just...thought out more, I guess.... Last Rebellion to me, is just, like...the definition of an unfinished game. It's burned into my memory for all the wrong reasons. I don't think I've played a worst game. And it isn't a "so bad, it's good" game, it is just bad. And the devs themselves knew it was bad. There's an article apologizing to their fans for the game, I think. lol

wow I didn't know they apologized...that;s sad :(

Was it worse than Ride to Hell?

~~~

sorry got an error - disregard this.

What about Big Rigs? :D

Lol that game is notorious for being shitty. lol Were Ride to Hell and Big Rigs made by the same people? lol Why were these games put up for sale looking like this? Blasphemy, it is.

Edited by miki-iki
  • Like 1

Lol that game is notorious for being shitty. lol Were Ride to Hell and Big Rigs made by the same people? lol Why were these games put up for sale looking like this? Blasphemy, it is.

No but they did make Big Mutha Truckers :P

280729b.jpg

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

I've never played that but I just looked it up to get a glimpse of it and...I have no words...Ok, I guess Last Rebellion isn't THAT bad...Ride to Hell is my new definition of an unfinished game! lol  :yay:

Agreed.

I never played it (nor do I want to)

But the reviews of the game are priceless (AngryJoe and Zero Punctuation are my favorites :lol:  :lol:  )

1Lf3c1ee.png

#129-Quantum of Solace

Alright the only reason I played this game was because I wanted a Q platinum :P. You know what though this was pretty fun shooter. I actually had a great time playing through the single player and despite the online being dead I met up with a lot of great boosters. Now the major problem with this game is while the online is dead you still run into random players that screw up the boosting session. So there isn't enough people to play legit...but too many people to boost :(

Anyways a shout out to Stauf, Colossus, Mnibik, Bam, Kflap, Lostaura, Ginger, Luke, A07Leo, Solitaire, Sergey and all the other boosters that I forgot your IDs of :P

Edited by Dr_Mayus

1Lf3c1ee.png

#129-Quantum of Solace

Alright the only reason I played this game was because I wanted a Q platinum :P. You know what though this was pretty fun shooter. I actually had a great time playing through the single player and despite the online being dead I met up with a lot of great boosters. Now the major problem with this game is while the online is dead you still run into random players that screw up the boosting session. So there isn't enough people to play legit...but too many people to boost :(

Anyways a shout out to Stauf, Colossus, Mnibik, Bam, Kflap, Lostaura, Ginger, Luke, A07Leo, Solitaire, Sergey and all the other boosters that I forgot your IDs of :P

Cool because I was thinking about buying this game. Does the boosting take a long time?