Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

• 2 weeks later...

1L6610ae.png

#124-Playstation Move Fitness

Well another weird and unique plat to add to my list :P.

In terms of workout games this is one of the best. Yes you do need 2 Move controllers so that will turn people off of it but I bought this game for 10$ and it is worth it. 3 months of good cardio workouts to get the plat and it is something I will continue using.

Now some people will say "Just go outside or go to the gym" Well my answer is "this cost 10$ vs monthly gym memberships and this is Winnipeg and it has been -20 to -48 this winter so it was nice having a workout that I didn't have to go outside for ^_^)

So if you have 2 Move controllers and want a good workout game then I say pick this up. The price is right :D

1Lad8866.png

#125-Lone Survivor

I liked this game and since it cost nothing I don't really feel anything to complain about ^_^. The atmosphere was great, the story interesting (especially after reading others interpretations of the story) and the game offered enough variety and challenge to keep it interesting.

That being said it was a pretty dumbed down Survival Horror game but for me that worked. I was never the greatest at RE or SH back in the day so this was the perfect difficulty for me. What it did do was wet my Survival Horror appetite enough to make me want to replay a Silent Hill game and attempt the platinum :o

If you have + then you should give this game a chance. I think you will be happily surprised.

1L722429.png

#126-Velocity Ultra

WOW I picked this game up for 2 bucks during the Vita 2 year sale and I was not expecting this. I just wanted something simple to play on the plane when I visited my sister. This easily is my sleeper game of the year and I say everyone should pick this up (it is for ps3 as well).

Fun, Fast and Frantic :D. This game will try your patience but not because it is cheap but because you missed the jump. The difficulty in this game is fair and if you fuck up that is your fault and you need to get better for next time. The level are all between 30seconds to 3 minutes so it comes down to memorizing when to jump, when to shoot, when to deke and dodge.

Also this game now holds the most badass unlocking I have ever had, well it should have been but the game glitched on me and I had to restart my system to get the platinum to unlock for some reason (it is in the guide). Still though if you plan your trophy route correctly this is what it looks like when you perfect #50

We Don't Need Roads :silver:

Champion :silver: 

River :gold:

Mastered :silver: 

Neutrino Speed is too Slow :gold:

Perfectionist :gold: 

Ripley :gold:

Show Thumb Respect :platinum:

You have a great list here. there is an interesting concept here of placing them in order of achievement. It would make it alot easier to maintain then having to renumber them constantly. Something for me to think about. I think I might actually pick up move fitness. Spring time so need to get ready for Summer.

I have checked everywhere for playstation move fitness and I can't find it. Gamestop even says they don't even see the game in their computer. Is this an EU exclusive?

Yes and no :)

For physical then yes it is

For digital then no it isn't

The crappy thing is the EU version is Ultra Rare and the NA version is only Rare :(

1L92d856.png

#127-LEGO The Lord of the Rings

This was a surprisingly fun game. I haven't played a LEGO game since Indy 2 and it is nice to see that they have been improving the games. That being said there is still a lot of stuff they need to fix (awkward jumping, switching between players when you meant to switch characters, infinite death loops etc.) but I had a good time. LOTR are some of my favourite books/films so it was great revisiting Middle Earth in a different genre.

I also will say that this game had some of the best boss fights I have encountered in awhile. Most games just don't have good boss fights. Usually it is just a bunch of regular guys or a slightly more powerful regular guy. LOTR varied up its boss fights giving the game a more fresh feel.

Anyways I probably will not play another LEGO game for awhile but I will revisit the series down the road

There was a lot of internet memes (took an arrow to the knee and one does not walk into mordor) but there was also some very clever references. Like the organ from Goonies (which also stars Sean Astin).

I might have to check out the Marvel one some day

Congrats on all of your recent plats, been a while since I've been playing GTAV.

Thanks Omni :D. I will be doing Skyrim for 130 so I too will have a long ass plat ahead of me :)

Awesome plats Mayus. Keep it up!!

Thanks ^_^

Mafia 2 is going to be 128 but I don't know what I should do for 129 :unsure:

Edited by Dr_Mayus

1L82d7e9.png

#128-Mafia 2

I was shocked how much I really, really, really liked this game. I am a HUGE mob movie fan so I was intrigued by this game but honestly wasn't expecting a lot. In the end though the characters and story, while cliched, were fun and entertaining. The controls were tight and it was the perfect length. I also would classify this as a racer as opposed to a 3rd person sandbox game as I spent more time in my car than out of it (at least the driving was good :rolleyes: )

There was bad though. The AI was wonky at times. I would crash into a pole and all of a sudden I have every cop in the city after me. Even worse was when I was going for the Wanted posters Joe started randomly shooting at people so I got a 3 star warning and the cops killed me. i lost 12 miles of driving because of it. Luckily I used the same car the whole game so I had 50 miles before finding all the posters but still annoying.

Speaking of collectibles the Wanted posters were stupid. 159 of them with no map indicator of where to find them. This is what we call a Walkthrough platinum because there is no way you can earn the platinum without one (and I call BULLSHIT on anyone who says they found all the posters without a guide). On the other hand the playboys were (for the most part) easy to find and well... :holy::giggle: .

Anyways a fun platinum and something I wouldn't have any problem recommending to another gamer.

Also it is my goal to platinum a game under every letter of the alphabet I don't know if anyone has ever done that before but now that Z has Zone of Enders people might have finally done it (before it was only Zumba)

Dude I thought of the same goal last week and am trying to do that too lol  B)

Nice, I think it's time I also finished XCOM. Already did easy, classic and easy back-to-back. Are you going to do the Slingshot dlc as well?

I think eventually. Going to finish the main game first. There is quite a leap in difficulty from easy-classic. I don't know what Hard is going to be like :o