Nintendo not holding E3 conference

Lady Lilith

What they wouldn't give to have a do-over and call the console something else. They pulled in such a large share of the casual gaming audience with the Wii, but apparently they didn't realize that many of these casual gamers wouldn't realize that the Wii-U is a completely new console and not a newer version of what they already have. Not to down play the lack of games, which is also a huge problem, but the dumb ass name didn't help.

I believe this is bs, they can't justify the Wii-U failure by people not knowing it was a new console, what kind of advertising was use? Is like saying people didn't knew the Xbox360 wasn't and expansion of the Xbox. I just don't buy it.

What they wouldn't give to have a do-over and call the console something else. They pulled in such a large share of the casual gaming audience with the Wii, but apparently they didn't realize that many of these casual gamers wouldn't realize that the Wii-U is a completely new console and not a newer version of what they already have. Not to down play the lack of games, which is also a huge problem, but the dumb ass name didn't help.

Before the console came out I said that it wouldn't do well because of how Nintendo played the last generation. The Wii was a success because it was new and different and people bought into it. Nintendo built up a huge army of casual players but at the same time turned off all the hard core gamers.

Now people like my sister or aunts who bought a Wii barely played the thing and after a month or so it sat around collecting dust (the novelty wore off) do you really think they are going to run out and buy a new system? So that casual army is shrinking pretty quickly and the Wii U isn't getting many games that the PS3 and X360 get so the hardcore gamers have no reason to get it either.

Nintendo in a way knew this would happen that is why they jacked the price up so much because they knew they could get their fanboys to buy it at a ridiculously high price and then when the PS4 and 720 come out they can now slash their price in half and out sell the two new systems (guarantdamntee a huge price drop is coming as soon as Sony and MS announce their prices).

It was announced that Nintendo was making a profit on the system as soon as they sold 1 game, that shows how jacked up the price was. So even though the system isn't doing very well, Nintendo hasn't lost anything and can afford to wait out a couple of months until they can cut their price and remain on top.

They have been doing the same song and dance for years, stripping their console to the barebones, relying on their fanboys to keep buying the same game over and over and then undercutting the competition in price. In my opinion they are a much more evil company than EA or Activision because they have stopped giving a crap a long time ago.

• Like 2

I believe this is bs, they can't justify the Wii-U failure by people not knowing it was a new console, what kind of advertising was use? Is like saying people didn't knew the Xbox360 wasn't and expansion of the Xbox. I just don't buy it.

There are several factors in the failure of the Wii-U, but I think the name definitely hurt. I'm not saying it's the biggest problem. However, I do think it contributed. The X-Box comparison is not applicable, because X-Box's core audience was made up of gamers who were aware of what the new system offered. Wii-U's advertising focused on the new controller, so it would be easy for a casual gamer to think Wii-U is just a new controller at an outrageous price.

Mario and Zelda is like Kratos and Sackboy(Or Ratchet since he's been around much longer) to Sony. We keep getting sequels over and over again because it's why people buy the console in the first place. I'm not saying Nintendo shouldn't make anything new,they should and have done it. (Kid Icarus for the 3DS for example, fans have begged YEARS for a sequel.) I would love to see a brand new Star Fox game like the ones on the gamecube or even a new F zero game.

As for them not having a E3 conference, I think it'a smart thing for them not to host one about them. Too much talk will be around the new consoles nobody will care about them. All I want to hear is smash bros, that would give me reason to buy a Wii U and Pikmin 3 of course.

Yes but even ratchet is new compared to the likes of Zelda and Mario.

Im sure in another 10 year's or so ratchet will be alot less popular.

I think everyone who's ever played starfox would like to see a new incarnation of it for this gen but starfox hasn't been milked to death by Nintendo like Mario and Zelda has!

A game series can only be popular for so long imo.

Edited by ANTIOX_

Maybe its just me, but I am wondering if Nintendo is on a downward spiral. They keep putting out last-gen crap, and do not have any great IP's except for the ones they keep milking to death. It is very interesting to see how many developers are skipping it when it comes to upcoming big games.

• Like 1

I have to agree with parker, I hate IP milking :(

Although, I do get the HD classics as I didn't have a PS2, so kinda ironic

HD classics (IMHO) are not milking. It's just re-releasing classic games that are a bit hard to find. Or never got released.

Case and point? MGS HD collection, MGS 3 has TONS of content never released in america. Only the Pal version had it.