Out of the Frying Pan, Enigma is not destroying Eurasia.

UPDATE: I got the trophy after 3 hours of reloading. See the posts below for a method I used that may or may not have increased my chances. Your mileage may vary.

So far, I'm up to 2 hours trying to get Enigma to successfully destroy Eurasia.

The success rate of it is way too low, anyone know any confirmed ways to successfully manipulate such that it would be more in my favor?

I have four save files:

• No mavericks killed
  • Shining Firefly and Crescent Grizzly killed
  • Shining Firefly, Crescent Grizzly, and Volt Kraken killed
  • All four killed

Been trying all of em with 20 tries each to no success.

Thanks.

Edited by Leonmyster

It's completely RNG randomness. You should keep trying even with the current saves you have.

You have more success by beating a few more bosses, specially those on the right side of the stage select menu.

The speed run strategy goes by this route by using Zero as the character:

Burn Dinorex > Crescent Grizzly > Dynamo 1 > Tidal Whale > Spike Rosered > Dark Necrobat > Shining Firefly > Dynamo 2 > Volt Kraken

Somewhere around the time you beat Dynamo 2 or Volt Kraken, you should have a save ready and then attempt to fire the cannon.

It requires so many restarts and save reloading until it finally happens. You'll get it eventually.

Edited by VixyNyan

There's not much information on what manipulates the RNG for the cannon. The parts you have play a role, but they're not the sole determining factor. Likewise, it appears the outcome isn't fixed before the cutscene plays. I saved right before it with all four parts, and the first time it succeeded. I reloaded the save just to see what would happen and it failed. 

I have no idea if this had any impact on the RNG, but I got tired of reloading so I figured I'd mess around a bit and see if less time on the clock would improve my odds. I saw a poster on GameFaqs say that he would collect three parts, run the clock down to 1 or 2 hours, collect the last part, and it would almost always succeed for him. I did that, and it worked. I'd want to try it several more times before recommending it as a go-to method for the trophy, but if you're getting tired of reloading saves and need a break from the monotony it might be worth a shot. 

I'd say, at the very least, you probably want a save where the maverick with the last part is alive and you quickly run through the stage before launching the cannon. I don't know what influences the RNG, but it seems more likely that it'll play out in your favor if you've played a bit before triggering the cutscene. Unfortunately that's conjecture on my part, I'm just basing it on what seems to have gotten results for me in the past.  

34 minutes ago, IllustroCado said:

I have no idea if this had any impact on the RNG, but I got tired of reloading so I figured I'd mess around a bit and see if less time on the clock would improve my odds. I saw a poster on GameFaqs say that he would collect three parts, run the clock down to 1 or 2 hours, collect the last part, and it would almost always succeed for him. I did that, and it worked. I'd want to try it several more times before recommending it as a go-to method for the trophy, but if you're getting tired of reloading saves and need a break from the monotony it might be worth a shot. 

Wow, I can not believe that actually worked and it was on the first shot too!

I want to say it was pure luck because I loaded up the save again and did it five more times to no success. But still, I must have had over 100 tries trying to get it to work but the 1 hour left method got it done for me on the first freaking shot.

Thanks!

Not a problem, glad you got it! 

That makes me want to test it some more. Like I say, I know the RNG can be manipulated beyond just gathering parts. In the Playstation version, you could interrupt the gameplay demo at a certain point, play the intro stage and fire the cannon straight away with a nearly 100% chance of success. Unfortunately this collection cut all the gameplay demos so that method doesn't work for the trophy, but I'm thinking there has to be some other reliable way to get the Enigma to work, and I'm wondering if this is it. 

Edited by IllustroCado

3 hours ago, Ryuki_Shindo said:

Go on Easy mode and Just Shot it

That made absolutely no difference. When I was about 60 shots in, I flipped it to Easy Mode to perhaps increase the percentage. There was either a minuscule increase or no increase at all.

2 hours ago, Leonmyster said:

That made absolutely no difference. When I was about 60 shots in, I flipped it to Easy Mode to perhaps increase the percentage. There was either a minuscule increase or no increase at all.

Easy mode in option menu megaman x5 game and go new game

Don't need to get any part and shot it

in Easy mode it instanity destroy eurasia

Don't ative Rookie Hunter mode

It noting to do with

Edited by Ryuki_Shindo

7 hours ago, Ryuki_Shindo said:

Easy mode in option menu megaman x5 game and go new game

Don't need to get any part and shot it

in Easy mode it instanity destroy eurasia

Don't ative Rookie Hunter mode

It noting to do with

Don't spread false information. I tried it and it didn't work.

• Like 1

Can I just reload the save where it prompt after you get all 4 parts. is RNG already fixed on that ? or it can happen other way when you try to reload that save (with 4 parts and game auto prompt you to shoot) ?

I can live with 10% RNG because it will eventually get it. but this... i don't know maybe lower than 1%.

I ever got this by random on my PS3 ONCE (with surprise, this thing actually can be destroy by shot acknowledgemented) and i play X5 more than 10 times in my life.

Edit: Got it now, It seems you cant just save when you get 4 parts. you must redo fourth boss over and over for a re-roll. I got it after 7-8 attempt which is not too bad.

Edited by FielVeredus

On 7/30/2018 at 10:45 AM, FielVeredus said:

Can I just reload the save where it prompt after you get all 4 parts. is RNG already fixed on that ? or it can happen other way when you try to reload that save (with 4 parts and game auto prompt you to shoot) ?

I know you already got it, but to clarify for those wondering - the RNG isn't set before the cutscene rolls, so if you save after you get the fourth part and keep reloading, you will eventually get a successful Enigma shot. The problem is the RNG won't be favorable and it could take hundreds of attempts before it succeeds. (This is more helpful for the shuttle - if you've been favoring Zero your whole run and lose him, you should only have to reload a couple times to get the shuttle to succeed.)

I've learned a little more since my initial post in this topic. Apparently the RNG is altered every time you see a results screen, and if that's true then having a save where you at least enter and exit a level before firing the cannon could increase the odds of a successful attempt. (Not drastically, as anyone who has done it can attest, but enough to noticeably help.)

I don't have the know-how to dig into X5's code so I'm hoping somebody gives a detailed RNG breakdown now that the Enigma's success is tied to a trophy. If nothing else I'd at least like to know what the odds of success are under optimal conditions because I'm pretty sure there's no way to hit 100% in this version of the game. 

On 30/7/2018 at 9:33 AM, IllustroCado said:

I hate when games include trophies that rely purely on RNG. That's not an accomplishment; it's just playing the odds until you win. 

This is the worst trophy in the collection based on that alone. I'm glad I got it, but I'm never doing it again.

Agreed, This one is the worst trophy in the game, it's a headache. 

• 1 year later...

So sorry to Necro this, but did some digging through the code, both on PS4 and PC versions. From what I can find, the RNG is tied only to each reload of the save, and is variable on each load, from as low as 08% to as high as 14% chance of getting the desired outcome. Granted I am not a coder, and my knowledge of coding is mostly self-taught. So there is a wide margin for error. Hope this helps you all.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I just got to make Enigma's shot to succeed twice in a row!

I saved after defeating my 5th boss (having all Enigma's parts), had two hours left on the clock. I was just reloading the save file for twenty minutes without success, restarting the game but not quiting to the Collection menu, then I decided to do the Training at X5 main menu. After beating Magma Dragoon at the training, I simply reloaded that save file and It worked right away.

After that, I went to the Collection menu, switched to japanese version (for the trophy), beat the introdutory level and fired the Enigma just for fun and boom, succeeded again!

I did everything on normal and without Rookie Hunter Mode. So my advices are:  having only a few hours on the clock, save after your fourth Enigma part, do the training and reload. Or swich to japanese version, complete the First level and fire away.

Good luck, maverick hunters!

GravityQueeen.png

Edited by GravityQueeen

I got it beating three bosses on the left then one on the right.

I've seen it said that once you beat a boss the RNG is set so if it doesn't go off and you reload the save you need to clear another boss to get a chance of firing, just clear three bosses on the left then all on the right and try to fire after every boss. If it doesn't go off reload and beat another boss and then try again.