PS Now DLC?

VLAAMINGK_N1

Since it doens't fit anywhere else I'll post it here since it's just a simple question which is probably for a small group of intrest.

I wondered if there's a possibility to buy DLC for games on PS Now? I bought 2 months for the price of 1 (deal from a couple weeks ago). I know some games include DLC, but most of them doesn't include it. It's a streaming service so I don't know if purchases are fitting in the streaming version.

Couldn't find anything on the internet about this, so hopefully someone out here may know something more about this case.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 3:25 AM, SecondBeat_02 said:

You can but you have to buy it from the store then download the game from psnow

This is not 100% correct. According to Sony, "You can only stream content that has been made available on PlayStation Now, so any purchased game add-ons or DLC can't be used." I am pretty sure you can use DLC for the games you're able to download. But I haven't tried it myself. However, it is worth noting, the vast majority of the games are not downloadable, so you still need to consider DLCs before you start a game from PSNow.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/services/playstation-now/game-features-when-using-playstation-now/

Edited by spacey_dweeb

On 10/8/2019 at 2:05 AM, spacey_dweeb said:

This is not 100% correct. According to Sony, "You can only stream content that has been made available on PlayStation Now, so any purchased game add-ons or DLC can't be used." I am pretty sure you can use DLC for the games you're able to download. But I haven't tried it myself. However, it is worth noting, the vast majority of the games are not downloadable, so you still need to consider DLCs before you start a game from PSNow.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/services/playstation-now/game-features-when-using-playstation-now/

I was under the impression that you could download *every* PS4 game from Now onto your PS4, is this not the case? That would make it identical to games downloaded from Plus, i.e. you can play until your subscription expires. You can buy DLC for Plus games, surely you can do this for downloaded Now games as well? Can anyone confirm or deny?

15 hours ago, Sifferino said:

I was under the impression that you could download *every* PS4 game from Now onto your PS4, is this not the case? That would make it identical to games downloaded from Plus, i.e. you can play until your subscription expires. You can buy DLC for Plus games, surely you can do this for downloaded Now games as well? Can anyone confirm or deny?

No that is not the case. It is only some of the PS4 games that you can download. You can verify yourself by opening the PSNOw app. You don't need to be subscribed to open and explore it. You can go to the PS4 games section and see whats there and then go to the downloadable games section and you'll see the choices are much different. Most of the good stuff is downloadable though. I haven't tried DLC on games downloaded from PSNow. I think it would work the same as PS Plus like you mentioned. Hopefully, someone else can chime in on that point. I don't plan to resub to PSNow any time soon. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2019 at 7:40 PM, spacey_dweeb said:

No that is not the case. It is only some of the PS4 games that you can download. You can verify yourself by opening the PSNOw app. You don't need to be subscribed to open and explore it. You can go to the PS4 games section and see whats there and then go to the downloadable games section and you'll see the choices are much different.

All of the PS4 games are downloadable. The differences you see between browsing "PS4" and "Downloadable" games is the Downloadable section includes both the PS4 and PS2 games.