Cheat Codes

KoeichiHero

I give my answer based on what I could find on the internet (didn't play it, but I guess it's almost the same thing as Lego the movie which I played). 

Cheat codes doesn't affect trophies, they are only extra characters which are not required for the trophies. So yes you have to unlock all the character tokens and purchase them to pop the trophy.

But I recommend you to get the red bricks first, you can equip x2, x4, x6, x8 and x10 studs and other great stuff which you can find in your menu when you press pause . This will make your progress waaaay easier to buy everything that is necessary.

Red bricks are like 'cheats' which will help you out with most of the things.

Edited by VLAAMINGK_N1

• 2 years later...

Because it’s faster to reach 4 billion studs if you have the stud multiplier cheats activated from the start of playing, as well as making it easier to reach LEGO City Hero on all the main missions. I also highly recommend using the cheats for stud and brick magnet to make collecting those things faster.

The codes for super color gun and unlimited dynamite are also super helpful to have, so you don’t need to constantly search for color change stations and dynamite vending machines.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 3:25 PM, gruffiiti said:

I dont see the point either..

The main point is to speed up the stud grind. It's pretty standard LEGO game strategy to get at least the x2 red brick as soon as possible to start your grind earlier in your playthough.

On 10/1/2018 at 0:23 PM, SunnyCrappyYT said:

They shouldn't affect trophies, however some people report that they do, so I wouldn't recommend it if you want to be 100% sure.

As with other LEGO games, what it effects is how it's listed. The brick will be shown as gotten/found on your list, but you still have to physically "get it" from it's hiding place to have it contribute to your completion percentage.