I Hate Getting PSVR Trophies

linkdevivo

Ok hear me out here. I love trophies as much as the next guy on this site, it's literally my main hobby. I also love PSVR and I see so much potential in it that i backed it from very early on. Originally when PSVR was about to come out I was so excited at the prospect of new amazing tech and immersive experiences and getting trophies on it. But in practice it's just so tedious, especially when there's collectibles involved. Like if you're checking out a text guide or video guide you have to take your headset off every 2 seconds and recalibrate. Also it just takes you out of the immersive experience by taking the headset off, which is kind of the whole point of VR. Yeah sure, you could get trophies without guides but for someone who doesn't have time to game all day it's a bit frustrating. How do you guys deal with this?

• Like 1

I hear ya. I love my PSVR also but don't use it that often. I recommend you play it just for fun and let whatever trophies come that may. I wouldn't let trophies ruin or or deter you from the fun experience that is VR. Or, if you must, play the game naturally until you have had your fill of it, then, return to it with the intent to get the Platinum. That way you get the best of both worlds and don't have to ruin your immersion. It will be like in the old days when we just played for fun! ;) Good luck!

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

I hear ya. I love my PSVR also but don't use it that often. I recommend you play it just for phone and let whatever trophies that come that may. I wouldn't let trophies ruin or or deter you from the fun experience that is VR. Or, if you must, play the game naturally until you have had your fill of it, then, return to it with the intent to get the Platinum. That way you get the best of both worlds and don't have to ruin your immersion. It will be like in the old days when we just played for fun! ;) Good luck!

Play for fun? what is this nonsense? lol jk. Yeah that's a good idea if i had time to replay many games.

Hello!

I've been struggling with this one too....

What I tried:
1. Look at the trophy list beforehand, you will get a general idea of what to do
2. Watch a video for a bit, and try to remember the objectives. When doing this for collectibles, try to remember 5 of them.
3. What JFThebestJan said, you could use your ingame browser or Youtube app, but i don't know it that works really well.
4. Quick glance at your profile I only see Batman.  I think you mean those collectibles? 

• Like 1

I collected all the missing collectibles in Until Dawn: Rush of Blood using the YouTube app and all the stars in The American Dream using the web browser. It's not so easy as doing it without the headset and a PC, but it's very manageable. 

Edited by ElBolovo
  • Like 1

On 19-10-2018 at 11:35 AM, JFthebestJan said:

well, i guess you don't know that you must not lift the headset at all...you can simply open the guide on the PS4 browser and with a quick double tap of the PS button you can swap between the game and the browser ... 

Holy balls. Thank you

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 11:35 PM, JFthebestJan said:

well, i guess you don't know that you must not lift the headset at all...you can simply open the guide on the PS4 browser and with a quick double tap of the PS button you can swap between the game and the browser ... 

I thank you on behalf of everybody who doesn't use that shit ps4 browser haha. Hadn't even thought of this. good call.

• 1 month later...

I haven't searched for much yet - one, I'm not a trophy hunter, two, none of the PSVR games I've 100%ed were so big I needed a guide - but if I ever have to search for anything, I have my mobile phone lying next to me. No need to completely take off the VR headset, just slide the front bit forward and look down for the phone.

Though for trophy hunters, that youtube app or browser switching sounds like the best option.