PS Vita Region Free

Artemisthemp

For it to be anything else would have just been a mental move by Sony.

I think all future consoles should be this way.

I agree 100%. I can't think of any drawbacks to having a region free console and I can think of multiple wonderful reasons to have it. Hopefully Microsoft and Nintendo follow Sony's example and make their next systems region free.

Parker

I still won't be importing, though. The system itself may be region-free, but there can still be issues.

As Shuhei Yoshida said on his Twitter account:

"There are people who are interested in importing the Japanese version of PS Vita from outside Japan, but I personally do not recommend that."

(Link)

"Sorry I'm not explaining well, but from my experience owning both US and J game consoles of everything, there tend to be minor nuisances."

(Link)

"Like inconsistency between the use of x and o buttons between system software and games."

(Link)

I still won't be importing, though. The system itself may be region-free, but there can still be issues.

As Shuhei Yoshida said on his Twitter account:

"There are people who are interested in importing the Japanese version of PS Vita from outside Japan, but I personally do not recommend that."

(Link)

"Sorry I'm not explaining well, but from my experience owning both US and J game consoles of everything, there tend to be minor nuisances."

(Link)

"Like inconsistency between the use of x and o buttons between system software and games."

(Link)

Small price to pay to at least have the option. :)