Bot accounts getting past the Friends only messaging with Friend Request

Kishnabe

4 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

No chance at all that whoever sent that message has good intentions.

Nah it's all good. They only want you to call their number for hanging out sometime :3

I'm scared if this also worked with the freezing glitch from some time ago, since then you really need to just put everything to no or friends only and that would suck big time.

Very unlikely. I see a massive red flag in that message... I would've blocked, but that's up to the receiver.

What's with the sudden widespread concern about keeping our messages to friends only? Why are we suddenly triple locking all our doors? I'm sure we were more relaxed before. 

Edited by Midnightwards666

1 hour ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Very unlikely. I see a massive red flag in that message... I would've blocked, but that's up to the receiver.

What's with the sudden widespread concern about keeping our messages to friends only? Why are we suddenly triple locking all our doors? I'm sure we were more relaxed before. 

It all stems from that bug which was doing the rounds a couple of weeks back that allowed people to craft a malicious message which would put your PS4 into a crash loop. Fortunately, Sony fixed this with the 6.02 Firmware Update but it has left people feeling nervous so they are unwilling to allow messages and friend requests from randoms any more.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

It all stems from that bug which was doing the rounds a couple of weeks back that allowed people to craft malicious message which would put your PS4 into a crash loop. Fortunately, Sony fixed that horrific bug with the 6.02 Firmware Update but it has left people feeling nervous so they are unwilling to allow messages and friend requests from randoms any more.

Wow, I wasn't even aware. Perhaps because I lack a PS4. I allow anyone to send me messages and it's always worked fine.