Dead Island 2

HunterKiller

Anyone else wishing they would hurry up with this game, I have had this game pre-ordered since 2015 and it seems there is no straight answer to when its getting released. The game was originally being developed by Yager until Sumo Digital took over development in March 2016. I mean how long does it really take to make a game. The game was nearly finished back in 2014 did they really start again from scratch?

Well yes maybe they decided to start over. Wouldn't be the first game where it has happened (look at Prey (2) for example. And how long does it take to make a game? Ask the Duke it takes Forever :D FFXV took 10 years as another example.

Personally i am waitint for Dying Light 2 because Dying Light is the better Dead Island (i only played the first DI)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

4 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well yes maybe they decided to start over. Wouldn't be the first game where it has happened (look at Prey (2) for example. And how long does it take to make a game? Ask the Duke it takes Forever :D FFXV took 10 years as another example.

Personally i am waitint for Dying Light 2 because Dying Light is the better Dead Island (i only played the first DI)

Actually FFXV only took 6 years to make, all the work on versus 13 that was started in 2006 was scrapped after they replaced the team working on it, but semantics

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

you said DL is better might have to give that a shot is it an open world game like DI ?

Well if Dead Island 2 back in 2014 was going to be anything like the first game, then I'll be happy they went back to the drawing board. The first game was a brilliant idea with poor execution. However, I've always seen people say that Dying Light was the better game...I have the Enhanced Edition, I'll have to check that out for myself because I really wanted to like DI, but it just ended up being annoying instead. 

7 hours ago, DevilsYard said:

Anyone else wishing they would hurry up with this game, I have had this game pre-ordered since 2015 and it seems there is no straight answer to when its getting released. The game was originally being developed by Yager until Sumo Digital took over development in March 2016. I mean how long does it really take to make a game. The game was nearly finished back in 2014 did they really start again from scratch?

I mean didn't The Last Guardian take nearly a decade to be developed? I don't know why you'd preorder a game without definite date. 

2 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

I mean didn't The Last Guardian take nearly a decade to be developed? I don't know why you'd preorder a game without definite date. 

pre ordered because it did have a release date thats the whole point to pre ordering .. then few weeks before release it got put back a year and then the game got cancelled