Easiest 70 Gold Medals

NaseemJohn

4 hours ago, newelldx said:

Ok so if I restart a new game can I get some golds on a new playthrough so I don't have to deal with this fucking slow horse. But without losing the 30+ golds I've gotten so far?

Restarting on a new game save file will reset your gold medal count to 0 (if you play on that one)

I am following @NaseemJohn list and so far it has been good. Some missions I would probably score differently.

Currently have 57/70 gold medals, all from replay. I will post my list with all tricks I used when I'm done.

1 hour ago, newelldx said:

So I know this list is amazing already and been a massive help. But if you choose like 3 replacement missions that are also somewhat easy for some the people are having trouble with on this current 70. What would they be?

Which are you having troubles with?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newelldx said:

So I know this list is amazing already and been a massive help. But if you choose like 3 replacement missions that are also somewhat easy for some the people are having trouble with on this current 70. What would they be?

I honestly don't really know as I've tried to get gold on pretty much all of the missions and then decided from there which ones would be easy and which will be harder. There's enough room for you to leave a couple out but no matter what you will need to do a select few that are a bit trickier.

Edited by NaseemJohn

Fleeting Joy is a pain. Even if you go into dead eye, the gatling gun will not shoot where you are aiming at and you can't mark enemies. I struggle getting 5 headshots and the 70% accuracy with it. I have over 90% of the gold medals and this is one of the most annoying ones I came across so far lol

Edited by Alex_R-13

1 hour ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Fleeting Joy is a pain. Even if you go into dead eye, the gatling gun will not shoot where you are aiming at and you can't mark enemies. I struggle getting 5 headshots and the 70% accuracy with it. I have over 90% of the gold medals and this is one of the most annoying ones I came across so far lol

Didn't try that one yet, but will definitely skip now that you're having problems with it.

Currently 61/70, getting harder and harder getting those last ones

2 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

This one took me about 6-8 tries pretty normal as the turret sometimes doesn't fire when you enter dead eye. Try not to shoot too much and let Sadie and the others kill a few. Aim for the ones that tend to stay near the hut but don't hold just tap and it'll fire a couple shots.

Edited by NaseemJohn

66 gold medals, these last 4 are gonna be hell...

'The art of conversation' is impossible, started a timer from the start (including skipping cutscenes) and I end the mission at 11.10 (9.30 required). How the hell

Edit: 67/70

Edited by Erkawest

Finally done.

A few more tips/info:

- "Friends in very low places" (Chapter 3) is an easy gold. Take a shortcut through the woods when riding to Rhodes and crouch sprint when getting to the coach.

- "Enter, Pursued by a Memory" (Ch. 2) found that way easier with the shotgun. Run to the rocks, the wolves will be "confused" and grant easy kills

- "A Fisher of Men" (Ch. 2) - If you have trouble with the time requirement, only catch one fish and after that stand at the river and wait until Jack in finished to immediately trigger the cutscene.

- "Pouring Forth Oil IV" - If you use replay mode, also loot the brandy in the baggage car. Otherwise you don't get enough dead eye for 10 kills

- "Good, Hones, Snake Oil" - If you have trouble returning in time, after catching him with the lasso drag him (on your horse) towards the side of Valentine out of the water and hogtie him there. 

- "The course of true love III" - When using replay, stock arthur hasn't enough stamina to swim through the water two times (respectively you lose time by regenerating). Rather go through the water with your horse both times.

- "The bridge to nowhere" - Check your settings if your tap to hold delay is all the way to the left. Seems impossible to escape the train in 19 seconds without that.

- "Honor amongst Thieves" - When riding to the location, don't go in cinema camera and spam X to force him to ride faster. I tried it both times with and without cinema camera where I stole the vaccine at the same spot, but I only got gold when I didn't use cinema camera.

Just a warning that Chapter 5 has FIVE MISSIONS total that automatically start one after the other, with no breaks in between.

Which means if you can't save before them, and you only have one chance to get gold.

Of course I got silver on ALL of them, and of course this guide suggested having golds for these.

The lot of these chapter 5 missions have to be done in replay mode, no choice.

They need to fix this replay mode nerfed character and horse shit.

I imagine the reason they gave you the nerfed shit is because they thought it would be cheating if you could replay them all post-game with all upgrades.

Well it's actually still cheating since we can use our current character for the first attempt, so it's a fucking stupid and broken system.

Edited by QQQ_AX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, QQQ_AX said:

Of course I got silver on ALL of them, and of course this guide suggested having golds for these.

I'm 69/70 gold medals and have only done 4 missions on chapter 5 in replay (3 easy 1 medium). So don't worry

3 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

- "Enter, Pursued by a Memory" (Ch. 2) found that way easier with the shotgun. Run to the rocks, the wolves will be "confused" and grant easy kills

70/70!!!

Thanks for this tip, was my last medal. Took a few tries but really a good method. Was damn nervous on the horseback down worrying about failing lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QQQ_AX said:

Just a warning that Chapter 5 has FIVE MISSIONS total that automatically start one after the other, with no breaks in between.

Which means if you can't save before them, and you only have one chance to get gold.

They need to fix this replay mode nerfed character and horse shit.

I imagine the reason they gave you the nerfed shit is because they thought it would be cheating if you could replay them all post-game with all upgrades.

Well it's actually still cheating since we can use our current character for the first attempt, so it's a fucking stupid and broken system.

having a nerfed character wouldn't bother me so much if the damn checklist stacked.

I'm currently sat on 27/70 gold medals, still got 3 missions in chapter 3 to do, which leaves me with 64 chances to get the rest. But halfway through chapter 3 i started saving before each mission and if i failed re-loaded my save and went again. So doing this i should get enough golds fingers crossed.

I have 52/70 so far.

Chapter 4 was fairly easy.

Even "A Fine Night of Debauchery" is easy if you know what to do exactly.

(Check out powerpyx textguide or GTA series gold medal playlist on YouTube) 

Sadly "Banking, the Old American Art" is glitched out for me.

I have no mission objective, crew disappears and reappears in front of my eyes, the cutscene trigger doesn't work.

My crew is just riding circles in an empty town and it seems I cannot trigger anything, the game doesnt let me abandoned the mission and if I die on purpose I end up in an infinite loading screen ?

Restarting the game doesn't fix it.

Edited by KingTom95

Chapter 2, "The Sheep and The Goats" mission was easy. When John asked you to buy the Rolling Block Rifle at the Gunsmith, go to the General Store instead and stock up Snake Oils (3× max) so you can use it when in the gunfight with Cornwall's men and when it's safe be sure to loot the bodies to replenish your Snake Oil because 3 Snake Oil are not enough. Only use Dead Eye briefly, and aim for the head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

Chapter 2, "The Sheep and The Goats" mission was easy. When John asked you to buy the Rolling Block Rifle at the Gunsmith, go to the General Store instead and stock up Snake Oils (3× max) so you can use it when in the gunfight with Cornwall's men and when it's safe be sure to loot the bodies to replenish your Snake Oil because 3 Snake Oil are not enough. Only use Dead Eye briefly, and aim for the head.

Yes, but in replay you have 0 money. So you would need to gather money before doing this. 

I did it without snake oil on replay, so it is definitely possible

18 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Yes, but in replay you have 0 money. So you would need to gather money before doing this. 

I did it without snake oil on replay, so it is definitely possible

Are you sure? I had 150 bucks with me when I replayed that mission and I even upgraded the rifle's scope and rifling during the replay.

2 minutes ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

Are you sure? I had 150 bucks with me when I replayed that mission and I even upgraded the rifle's scope and rifling during the replay.

Yea I think so, I remember checking my funds (had 0 every mission) because the rifle is free in the store, so was going to check what happens when you have 0 cash.

But it's probably still possible to somehow rob civilians and sell some stuff you own to buy atleast 1

4 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

Sadly "Banking, the Old American Art" is glitched out for me.

I have no mission objective, crew disappears and reappears in front of my eyes, the cutscene trigger doesn't work.

My crew is just riding circles in an empty town and it seems I cannot trigger anything, the game doesnt let me abandoned the mission and if I die on purpose I end up in an infinite loading screen ?

Restarting the game doesn't fix it.

I had the same problem.

My friend could run the mission without a problem for some reason.

12 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Yea I think so, I remember checking my funds (had 0 every mission) because the rifle is free in the store, so was going to check what happens when you have 0 cash.

But it's probably still possible to somehow rob civilians and sell some stuff you own to buy atleast 1

I had some money in my pocket too, Something around 100$~150$.

But yeah that mission is possible without snake oil or an upgraded hunting rifle

18 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I'm 100% sure that I had precisely 150 bucks when I replay that mission last night and earned the Gold Rush trophy, no worries I'm gonna report back here once I get home in a few hours. 

31 minutes ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

I'm 100% sure that I had precisely 150 bucks when I replay that mission last night and earned the Gold Rush trophy, no worries I'm gonna report back here once I get home in a few hours. 

No need to bother, got myself the trophy yesterday too. I didn't buy snake oils and barely survived on that mission, but I stayed at the end and farmed headshots before you escape so it was possible to beat anyways