[RUMOR] Death Stranding - Ghost of Tsushima and Dreams Release Date

unsalsrtprk

death-stranding-1110737.jpeg

Hello Gamers! 

The Game Awards is an important event for the game world. The Game Awards, which distributes prizes to important productions every year, will be hosting many important productions this yea too.

Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War, Marvel's Spider-Man, Assassin's Creed: The Odyssey goes that list. Are only prizes delivered to games in The Game Awards? Of course no! Many game announcements and news about games will be waiting for us. With the event approaching, rumors are already around. A Brazilian website called Combo Infinito has announced that the deadlines of Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and Dreams games will be shown at The Game Awards.

Geoff Keighley, the founder and presenter of The Game Awards, is very close to Hideo Kojima, and the new trailer of Death Stranding over the last two years has been presented to us at The Game Awards. That's why we'll most likely see Death Stranding again at The Game Awards. With the release date! Considering that Sony will not be participating in the E3 2019, The Game Awards makes sense.

What do you think about this situation? Let us know! 

Ghost-of-Tsushima-E3-2018-news-Release-d

I don't believe for a microsecond that Ghost will get a release window, remember the E3 demo was A SIDE MISSION, so I suspect Sucker Punch has much more to do/show. Certainly it's reasonable to expect Death Stranding, maybe even (gasp) undeniable gameplay, but I won't believe any release date until the game is physically in stores.

As for Dreams,

SHADOW DROP THE BETA
SHADOW DROP THE BETA
SHADOW DROP THE BETA

The tea leaves sadly read that Dreams will release next year, sell badly, and Sony closes Media Molecule. If there's any way for this to not happen, the beta NEEDS to release ASAP, so that the game finds an audience, also a lot of people who aren't sold on it from trailers might be sold on it from playing it themselves. I really think one of the very few ways the game succeeds is as the "other" PS5 launch title (along with the "real" system seller, which is most likely Guerilla's next game, whether that be a new Killzone, Horizon 2, or a new IP).

Never seen The Game Awards as anything other than a smaller E3 tbh, it's just the industry patting itself on the back, with Keighley and Kojima continuing their (kind of cringey) love-in. That being said, I can 100% believe there will be big news for Ghosts/Death Stranding, most definitely DS because of how much Kojima's ego gets stroked at this show.

I'm honestly not too worried about the release date for Death Stranding until I can see a bit more of what the actual gameplay entails. Right now my only hype is based on the trailers they keep releasing so i'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Ghost of Tsushima on the other hand, I cannot wait for, provided that demo they showcased was accurate in terms of the finished product. It looks amazing and something that i'm gonna not only play the hell out of but also take an unacceptable amount of screenshots for.

Finding it hard to see anything other than the Resident Evil 2 remake in January which is currently my most anticipated game of 2019

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

Never seen The Game Awards as anything other than a smaller E3 tbh, it's just the industry patting itself on the back, with Keighley and Kojima continuing their (kind of cringey) love-in. That being said, I can 100% believe there will be big news for Ghosts/Death Stranding, most definitely DS because of how much Kojima's ego gets stroked at this show.

We can built a Burj Dubai building with Kojima's ego. :D 

25 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Man was I the only one that thought death stranding somehow was connected to other video games universes because it still makes no fucking sense?

I was like rumor, death stranding and ghost of tsushima (are the same universe)

That's an interesting thought. You remember? There was a reference to Death Stranding in Horizon Zero Dawn.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I actually had to google this game, had no idea it even existed it went completely under my radar.

Still probably won't pay more than $20 for it from what ive seen.

Dreams was announced the same event the PS4 was revealed for the first time lol.

I fear for Mm's future. I hope Sony keep them going even when Dreams flops (I've resigned to this happening, sadly...). It's unfortunate they didn't hold onto porting Tearaway Unfolded until PS VR had come out. They could've added a lot more interesting mechanics than just what you get from the DS4, and given a full experience to PS VR a lot sooner than Astro Bot. Oh well... I digress.

• Like 1

With the length of time it has taken and probably will take to get Death Stranding finished, unless Kojima has been feeding us all previews of very early development and the game is considerably more advanced than what he showed at E3 this past year, I think the best thing he does is forget about launching this on PS4 altogether and go with a PS5 launch. Considering how long he takes to get his games finished, this would remove some of the self imposed shackles placed on the titles launch window. With what I personally have seen so far, I'm not too excited about it right now. Again, unless it's light years ahead of what Kojima has already shown, I'm more of a no than a yes, but this is only my personal opinion. 

• Like 1