Holy shit the flying levels are impossible.

Quink666

it's really not too bad. don't stress over it as it will just make you worse. just load a level up and fly about a bit, fly low through some tunnels learn the hard full strength high speed turns and just flame as you turn you'll hit all the targets at high speed in the later levels or later games. 

the flame belch lasts for about 1.5 seconds if your turning that whole time your reach is extended much further.  Incremental flicks of the stick will help you turn faster and more precise, quick little flicks.

using a video guide will speed it up because the key to success is just finding the right path to take. you want to hit as many targets on one pass through an area and move onto the next, ONLY doubling back if you need to go out of the way for the last 2 targets or whatever. if you can get them whilst making a pass into a new section your golden.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have to admit these have kicked my arse too. Currently on Wild Flight and the best I have done so far is have one boat remain. Got right behind it with 2 seconds left and the pull of the water mechanic dragged me down. Its the best I have done and not been able to replicate or remember what the hell I did to even get that close. Tried looking up vids but thats pointless when targets are moving. Two things I hate the most though, the lack of speed boost for the straights and that piss poor fire ball and its distance. I don't know if its me but the depth perception on this game is very weird. 

edit

Gonna have to break away from the game. The flight levels are taking longer than the main game levels. I would agree that the normal missions are piss and the 2/10 difficulty is indeed justified, but the flight levels up the difficulty a lot higher for me personally. Heard they weren't this bad in the original from some of the Youtube guys, but the remastered version has a sort of drift/drag effect and it just eff's it right up for some of us. But right now I cannot stomach another attempt at Icy Flight. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1