Trophy thoughts?

CSD2 will be releasing in a few days on PS4. It's been approved for SIEE production, which means that Vertigo Gaming will be looking at releasing in European territories as soon as the game launches in North America (December 18th is the target date for NA version). :awesome:

What do you think about the trophies? Some of them are much easier than the ones on Steam.

Edited by gameoncomrade
Don't have time to make a guide
  • Like 2

As a fan of CSD I've bought CSD 2 three month ago, because I couldn't wait for it on PS4.

I've played 20+ hours on Steam and I must admit this game is harder than first. Some trophies are a bit different, for example Espresso Chef (you can get it on one of three different shifts (12, 13 or 14), and on steam it must be obtained on shift 14. You can compare it here https://steamcommunity.com/stats/386620/achievements

The thing I'm scared of most are controls, I don't see myself playing such a fast-paced game on controller. Maybe there will be possibility to plug in keyboard and have an easier time? Anyway, I'm waiting for your guide.

Edited by sashamence
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sashamence said:

The thing I'm scared of most are controls, I don't see myself playing such a fast-paced game on controller. Maybe there will be possibility to plug in keyboard and have an easier time? Anyway, I'm waiting for your guide.

The advantage on playing the CSD series on PC will be the controls. There you can assign a letter for each ingredient, 'L' for lettuce, 'T' for tomato, 'O' for onion, etc.. This will be a very different game on PS4 as you can't associate the keys with the first letter of the ingredients. However, you will still be able to fully customise the controls, so it could be something like, :l2: for rice, :triangle: for tomatoes, :cross: for beans, etc.. All in all, it will take much longer to get used to the game - even if you're experienced with the PC version like me. But hey, this game is about challenges, and I'm glad it will finally release on PS4. :dance:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

The advantage on playing the CSD series on PC will be the controls. There you can assign a letter for each ingredient, 'L' for lettuce, 'T' for tomato, 'O' for onion, etc.. This will be a very different game on PS4 as you can't associate the keys with the first letter of the ingredients. However, you will still be able to fully customise the controls, so it could be something like, :l2: for rice, :triangle: for tomatoes, :cross: for beans, etc.. All in all, it will take much longer to get used to the game - even if you're experienced with the PC version like me. But hey, this game is about challenges, and I'm glad it will finally release on PS4. :dance:

I hope plat rarity will be worth the risk, haha. Getting gold medals in 15 different restaurants (don't know how it will be, about 100?) is a huge pain in the ass, as one mistake and you have to try whole day again. If they don't give customers longer patience time, I'm sure it'll break my soul.

Did you complete CSD2 on Steam? How much time it took & how is difficulty out of 10?

• Like 1

I hope plat rarity will be worth the risk, haha. Getting gold medals in 15 different restaurants (don't know how it will be, about 100?) is a huge pain in the ass, as one mistake and you have to try whole day again. If they don't give customers longer patience time, I'm sure it'll break my soul.

Did you complete CSD2 on Steam? How much time it took & how is difficulty out of 10?

Didn't complete the whole game yet, however I'm close. I would say that for a newcomer to CSD, it's harder to adjust oneself to the game than for a more experienced player to play on a harder difficulty. It's hard to say how long it will take as it is completely based on skills (and sometimes luck). So one player might be able to get all trophies in 50-60 hours, and another might be able to get it in 150 hours. But I think around 50 hours is what one should expect to spend of his time in order to go for the platinum if he doesn't encounter a lot of issues and most of the things go smoothly. This estimate is not a guarantee though, can't say for sure. ? Again, difficulty depends on skills of the player. I would rate it 6/10, however most people might be closer to 10/10. Bloodborne was easier. :hmm:

• Like 1

Espresso chef with a controller does not sound like fun, even if they allow you to do shift 12 or 13 instead. Those shifts still have some of the most complex foods in the game and the buzz is only -10% or -5% respectively. Memorizing the foods' associated controller buttons will take a fair bit longer than their keyboard buttons, but you may be able to make it easier if you change your inputs on a shift by shift basis. 15 restaurants took me about 40 hours on PC. I expect the platinum could take anywhere from 40-100 hours depending on skill level. I have some rare achievements on Steam but Espresso Chef is rated higher than any of them at only 0.2% and I expect it to be sub 1% on Playstation even with the nerf. I'll stick to the PC version but good luck to anyone going for the platinum

Edited by Light-and-magic
  • Like 1

Yeah, the good thing is that none of the trophies are missable. If you mess up, you can always restart the shift. If you're tired of doing the same shift over and over again, move on and complete other shifts instead. You can always backtrack and go back to any level you'd like. Even though none of the trophies are missable, the platinum does require some skills It's not going to be very hard for me.

The tutorials in this game are exceptionally good for newcomers. Once you've created your brand new CSD restaurant, a list of tutorials with Chef Risotto will pop up. It's up to you whether you want to complete the tutorials or not, however it is recommended for future play. As emphasised earlier, I even recommend them for experienced PC players as the PS4 version is quite different and a lot more difficult as there are no letters on a keyboard that you can associate with an ingredient. And as a side-note, simply by opening up one of the tutorials will award you with :bronze: Chef School.

I edited the original post. Due to time pressure, I will unfortunately not be able to make a guide for the game right now. If it hasn't been made in early January, I will create a thorough guide. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll be happy to collaborate with someone else to create a guide, however I don't have the time right now to do it alone. :blah:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5.01.2019 at 3:26 AM, olivetheturtle said:

Finally got the platinum. I’m the only one, so far. I would consider it for sure 9 or 9.5/10. Took me about 85 hours. I’ll update this with more detail on which restaurants/shifts I did when I get back to my console. 

You have a pretty nice collection of UR platinums. How high would you place CSD 2 in terms of difficulty among others?

You have a pretty nice collection of UR platinums. How high would you place CSD 2 in terms of difficulty among others?

Definitely top 5 in terms of difficulty. The final shift for Chilly Bowl took about 9 hours and about 8 hours for SubSolutions. Never did I feel like it was impossible— just that I needed more practice to master it. There’s also a huge “luck” component on whether you get simple or complicated orders coming in.

As promised, here’s the fifteen restaurants I mastered.

-Max Wieners

-Biggs Burgers

-Eaty’s

-Chilly Bowl (avoid at all costs!!)

-Chinese Food (slightly tricky, I’m sure there’s easier ones)

-Breakfast & Breakloose

-Pizza That

-All the Sports Grill (final two levels can be tough depending on which orders you get; you’re screwed if you get tons of burgers)

-Pie Right (took about 3 hours to get the final level)

-Slammy’s BBQ (very simple)

-SubSolutions (HELL)

-The World Tour

-Oooh Organic

-Poppers & Crunchies (sooo easy. did all levels on first try)

-The Deep All You Can Eat

Sushi Nest and Planet Blue are two easier ones you can sub in. My only issue was the final levels for them don’t unlock until skill level ~85, and I was impatient (finished at skill level 76) You can easily grind skill level by playing CSD Stress Mode with only chicken strips, but very tedious.

I had about 180 gold medals when I finished all these, and got to 200 bronze by playing Zen Mode (infinite waiting time, each level is about 7 minutes, but you can only earn bronzes).

Only other gold restaurant recommendation is to avoid Contrast Coffee at all costs! Burrito is another one that isn’t worth the time. Also, learn to master salads. They pop up in like half these restaurants and being able to churn them out will make life so much easier. 

Bonus: Platinum Screenshot

• Like 2

On 05/01/2019 at 3:26 AM, olivetheturtle said:

Finally got the platinum. I’m the only one, so far. I would consider it for sure 9 or 9.5/10. Took me about 85 hours. I’ll update this with more detail on which restaurants/shifts I did when I get back to my console. 

Congrats! I've been sick from time to time, and now I haven't played anything for over a week, but I'm surely looking forward to obtain that plat as well once I get back to it. :eyebrow:

I achieved 100 % on Steam around two weeks ago and would rate it 6/10. So far, I feel like the PS4 version isn't harder than the PC version. I don't like some of the button configurations, but you get used to it. Again, congrats - a platinum trophy to be proud of! :dance:

• Like 1

Just got the platinum, and aside from a few final shifts and trophies (looking at you Espresso Chef), there was nothing overly difficult outside of managing orders properly. I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10 for difficulty - most shifts require a certain amount of practice, appropriate staggering of orders to slow orders down, or downright luck. This is especially true for Espresso Chef, as even on the easiest of the three shifts, luck and practice play huge roles (I nearly failed on my successful attempt about 5 times, just barely catching orders). Just for reference, here are the 15 restaurants that completed. 

1. Max Weiners
2. Eaty's
3. Chinese Food - Beverages and Sauces
4. Breakfast & Breakloose
5. GreeItali Casual Dining
6. FireKickers
7. Food Shackers
8. Slammy's Old Fashioned BBQ

9. The World Tour
10. Ooh Organic!
11. Poppers & Crunchies
12. The Deep All-You-Can-Eat
13. Good Japan
14. Absolutely

15. Secrets of the Deep

The only downside is that for some of these restaurants, the final shifts unlock really late (Secrets of the Deep - 91, Absolutely - 82). Other restaurants that I was close to completing (only missing 1 or 2 shifts) were Biggs Burger, All the Sports Grill, Planet Blue, and Welcome to Tasteville. 

The main tips that I can give for getting golds on shifts is just to understand which orders can stall an order for a really, really long time (especially with sides). Examples include frozen lattes and smoothies (useful for the Espresso Chef trophy, as these stay frozen for a long time), gazpacho (at restaurants such as Absolutely and Secrets of the Deep), and any holding station food. For holding station foods, if needed, you can reset the timer on these to buy extra time (just make another serving in the required holding station, this also goes for holding station optional foods such as hamburgers and hot dogs). Just remember that it doesn't matter how MANY perfect orders you serve - just that you never mess up an order. For most of my gold shifts with proper staggering, this number typically held around 75 to 80 for high levels of buzz.

Overall, really enjoyed the game (I was a huge fan of the first CSD on Steam), even though I had to take a break in the middle of the trophy hunts to go platinum AC Odyssey. :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! is targeting a February 13th release date in Europe. So far, it will be released in the following countries (look below), however the game will be added to more EU stores sooner or later (it just needs a translation to a bunch of languages).

• Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Rep.
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Malta
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • South Africa
  • UK
  • Danish (will be translated by me)
  • Swedish (will be translated by me)
Edited by gameoncomrade

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.2.2019 at 5:05 PM, gameoncomrade said:

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! is targeting a February 13th release date in Europe. So far, it will be released in the following countries (look below), however the game will be added to more EU stores sooner or later (it just needs a translation to a bunch of languages).

• Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Rep.
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Malta
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • South Africa
  • UK
  • Danish (will be translated by me)
  • Swedish (will be translated by me)

So i cannot buy the game in Austria because the game is not translated to german (which is funny if you look at the list and see all the small countries , but german is pretty big laguage in EU).

Funny thing is , i would play it on english anyway because i (and many other ppl here) play every game on english. So i have to wait until they translate it to german so i can play it on english here...... And SONY is sooooooo nice to let us browse the stores of other EU counties BUT dont let us give them money. only looky no touchy -.-

Sorry not your fault , just random rant about how stupid this "different psn stores" business is.

1 hour ago, Xionx said:

So i cannot buy the game in Austria because the game is not translated to german (which is funny if you look at the list and see all the small countries , but german is pretty big laguage in EU).

Funny thing is , i would play it on english anyway because i (and many other ppl here) play every game on english. So i have to wait until they translate it to german so i can play it on english here...... And SONY is sooooooo nice to let us browse the stores of other EU counties BUT dont let us give them money. only looky no touchy -.-

Sorry not your fault , just random rant about how stupid this "different psn stores" business is.

It's not the actual game that is translated, it's just the descriptions for the PS Store page. Sony is currently rolling out the game, shouldn't be more than a few days. :awesome:

16 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

It's not the actual game that is translated, it's just the descriptions for the PS Store page. Sony is currently rolling out the game, shouldn't be more than a few days. :awesome:

Yeah , "few days" ... cant remember which game it was but there was a similiar process few years ago .... and it took so long that i actually forgott the game exist until i saw it months later in Store. Hope its not same with c,s,d 2 , because i didnt buy it on steam after i heard it gets console release.

7 hours ago, Xionx said:

Yeah , "few days" ... cant remember which game it was but there was a similiar process few years ago .... and it took so long that i actually forgott the game exist until i saw it months later in Store. Hope its not same with c,s,d 2 , because i didnt buy it on steam after i heard it gets console release.

I can guarantee you that it will appear in just a few days. I'm frequently in contact with the owner of Vertigo Gaming, the indie studio behind CSD2.

• Like 1

On 15.2.2019 at 11:05 PM, gameoncomrade said:

I can guarantee you that it will appear in just a few days. I'm frequently in contact with the owner of Vertigo Gaming, the indie studio behind CSD2.

With few days you mean weeks? months? years? Asking for a friend ..... Its still not in my store (Austria) so if it takes to long i just buy it from US store.

I know its just a Week ago , but waiting without a date is something im not good with.

On 23/02/2019 at 0:01 AM, Xionx said:

With few days you mean weeks? months? years? Asking for a friend ..... Its still not in my store (Austria) so if it takes to long i just buy it from US store.

I know its just a Week ago , but waiting without a date is something im not good with.

It released yesterday. Enjoy!

• 4 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 10:24 AM, olivetheturtle said:

As promised, here’s the fifteen restaurants I mastered.

-Max Wieners

-Biggs Burgers

-Eaty’s

-Chilly Bowl (avoid at all costs!!)

-Chinese Food (slightly tricky, I’m sure there’s easier ones)

-Breakfast & Breakloose

-Pizza That

-All the Sports Grill (final two levels can be tough depending on which orders you get; you’re screwed if you get tons of burgers)

-Pie Right (took about 3 hours to get the final level)

-Slammy’s BBQ (very simple)

-SubSolutions (HELL)

-The World Tour

-Oooh Organic

-Poppers & Crunchies (sooo easy. did all levels on first try)

-The Deep All You Can Eat

I appreciate the tips. I can't help but feel you did it the hard way with some of your choices for the restuarants to get all golds on though. Pizza That, SubSolutions, Chilly Bowl. I already know I'm not going anywhere near those ones when I go for that trophy lol.