1000 multiplayer matches / 1000000 bomb info

Quartus_Equitis

Can someone please clarify these trophies? ive been grinding forever and about to give up, some info would help. Like for the matches can I just play a ton of 1p vs cpu or do I need a second controller??? does 1 set = 1 battle??? and for the bombs can I use alternate characters like Plasma bomber with quick bombs that count towards the total ??? any help would go a long way thanks

Edited by Quartus_Equitis
additional words

• 3 weeks later...

No idea, doubt we ever will since there’s no way to track it in game. (Dumb)

i was wondering about sets too, but rematches don’t take that long anyway. I imagine while trying for the bricks you’ll get it naturally anyway. All I was able to figure out is after you set up a second player, you can turn off the controller and it doesn’t matter. Game keeps going. 

Handy. I was wondering what determines getting the 150 rewards. Time? Bricks? Instantly blowing up doesn’t give any, and I got up and came back after about 2 minutes and it didn’t give me any for that win either. But if I kill my self on accident later on the local plays 2 gets the points added to my amount. Is it more than 2ish minutes? I have no idea. I generally take 4 minutes to get to the other player and break all the boxes. 3 minutes maybe? But it may be the bricks... i wish I knew because I need them coins for the story. I suck at those bosses.

• 1 year later...
On 16/12/2018 at 2:07 AM, Quartus_Equitis said:

Can someone please clarify these trophies? ive been grinding forever and about to give up, some info would help. Like for the matches can I just play a ton of 1p vs cpu or do I need a second controller??? does 1 set = 1 battle??? and for the bombs can I use alternate characters like Plasma bomber with quick bombs that count towards the total ??? any help would go a long way thanks

I know this is an old post, but I figured I'd share my recent experience since I have not found any answer to the question about multiplayer.

I have gotten all trophies except for the 1000 multiplayer matches, and the 1 million blocks and bombs.

I'm using the critical path method with a second idle controller to work towards the blocks trophy. The path has 72 blocks, so I would have to clear the stage 13,889 times to get the blocks trophy. The number of times that I will have to clear the stage will obviously be less because of the blocks that I destoyed while getting the other trophies.

I set the match to 5 sets, and I always try to get a draw after clearing the stage to minimize loading times. I am making sure to clear all sets every now and then to make sure the progress saves, and I never turn the game off without doing so. I have currently cleared the stage 1022 times and have NOT gotten the trophy for 1000 multiplayer games.

So unless draws do not count toward this trophy, I don't think 1 set = 1 match.

Edited by yuber1234

On 5/13/2020 at 11:37 AM, yuber1234 said:

I know this is an old post, but I figured I'd share my recent experience since I have not found any answer to the question about multiplayer.

I have gotten all trophies except for the 1000 multiplayer matches, and the 1 million blocks and bombs.

I'm using the critical path method with a second idle controller to work towards the blocks trophy. The path has 72 blocks, so I would have to clear the stage 13,889 times to get the blocks trophy. The number of times that I will have to clear the stage will obviously be less because of the blocks that I destoyed while getting the other trophies.

I set the match to 5 sets, and I always try to get a draw after clearing the stage to minimize loading times. I am making sure to clear all sets every now and then to make sure the progress saves, and I never turn the game off without doing so. I have currently cleared the stage 1022 times and have NOT gotten the trophy for 1000 multiplayer games.

And you also might have to do more if you accidentally blow yourself up. Those two trophies suck. No two ways around it.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2020 at 6:33 PM, MidnightDragon said:

And you also might have to do more if you accidentally blow yourself up. Those two trophies suck. No two ways around it.

Why would it ? You just have to play 1,000 win or lose doesn't matter but draws do NOT count.

• 1 year later...
On 13/05/2020 at 6:37 PM, yuber1234 said:

For Local Battle 1,000, it says "Played 1,000 Multiplayer Battles" so i don't think it matters if you win, loose or draw.

I'm pretty much sure a match is finished until someone won all the required set.

If you need 5 set to complete a match, you will need to play more (5000 set in total).

A good strategy could be using 1 set by match, one minute battle with block pressure to optimize the time for this trophy.

It should not matters if you use a 2nd controller or play with AI.

Good strategy for Bomb 1,000,000 and Destroyed 1,000,000 Blocks.

I haven't yet looked for these trophy.

There is a bomb that can destroy all block in the range of the explosion (pierce bomb or spiked bomb).

It would be great and more easier if it's possible to gain this bomb from the start of a battle.

Edited by Ogrinator
Edit
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The blocks and bombs trophies are a slog no matter what method you use. Once you get one, the other will follow not long after. For the bombs, I went to a level with Magnet Bomber (forgot which) and killed all but one enemy that was out of reach and used a turbo to have him do his special bomb. Can’t tell you how happy I was to get the platinum. 

Edited by MidnightDragon

• 2 months later...

There is a mode where you can have the spiked bomb at the start : multiplayer grand prix (bellow Standard mode where you can play the History and Battle).

I will try 1 VS 1 with Bomberman Rule with Plasma bomber (use special bomb to destroy more quickly blocks when the power is not enough for spiked bomb. Special bomb (X button) -> 3 seconds to explode. Spiked bomb (O button) -> 6 seconds to explode).

It should count toward the destroy blocks and use bombs trophies, but I don't know if it count toward the 1000 multiplayer trophy (it should).

Only Aqua and Plasma bomber seems to start with the spiked bomb.

The grind should be reduced using this bomb.

Well, I tried 2 sets and it wasn't long

The player still need to collect flame to increase the range of explosion because you start at 1 damage.

The Simple map with 2 sets of 3 minutes have 87 blocks to explode.

When you explode every blocks, they regenerate at least 2 times after few seconds (around 10 seconds 1st reset and around 20 seconds for 2nd and last reset). It seems when you are at the last minute, blocks won't regenerate.

The blocks will come from the sky, so don't get smashed by them.

Waiting for the resets, you can spawn 5 bomb max. So during this time, you should spawn them as much as you can to reduce the 1000000 bomb trophy.

If you have a second controller, you should collect all of them more easily.

When the battle is finished, you collect 300 gold (you get gold for win or lose as long as you put enough bombs each match, since 1 VS 1 it should be all time).

I will edit this post in the future if I end up having one of these 3 trophies with this technique :

Bomb 1,000,000

Destroyed 1,000,000 Blocks

Local Battle 1,000

It should be easy to make a script for turbo controller to destroy all blocks because the blocks on the 1st stage are always at the same place.

But remember you will switch the start point for the 2nd set.

Didn't checked for the resets.

But you can just kill the player and start a new stage instead to have a fully automated solution if the reset is random.

Edited by Ogrinator
Complementary informations
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...