Burn After Reading Trophy

Xtree

So I played through the game on normal and beat it but did not pickup the gold chests trophy, all weapons trophy and burn after reading trophy. Beat the game again using battle skip and did everything again, fighting every battle and getting all the loot points on the map. This trophy refused to pop. Does anyone have any tips? It took me 10 hours to replay the game a second time using battle skip and I'm not looking to spend another 10 just for one last trophy for plat to pop.

I wish they would have made this trophy at least something I could grind or work towards but as I see it now I don't know what else I could have done to make it pop.

Got the plat on my first playthrough, the trophy pop up on epiloque after reading the letter drop by the elves that ambush Meve. I just can speculate that certain battle need to be done (not skip) to be count in getting certain trophy. On other post i read he/she didn't get the killing manticore trophy when skip the battle. Other posibility you might miss certain letter? did you used scout until there is a notification all map point already reveal before finishing a map?

46 minutes ago, Miyazaki_Rei said:

Got the plat on my first playthrough, the trophy pop up on epiloque after reading the letter drop by the elves that ambush Meve. I just can speculate that certain battle need to be done (not skip) to be count in getting certain trophy. On other post i read he/she didn't get the killing manticore trophy when skip the battle. Other posibility you might miss certain letter? did you used scout until there is a notification all map point already reveal before finishing a map?

On my first non battle skip play through I didn't use scouts till the 3rd map. I didn't notice I could till then. On my battle skip play through I scouted everything. I guess if people in the future have problems with this trophy they should play through the game, not battle skip and constantly use scouts. Also just because it says all areas revealed I noticed that at the end of the map if you used scouts again it would reveal more points.

Thanks for the reply Miyazaki_Rei I might try a 3rd play through once I let a long time pass.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 4:55 AM, Zarmatura93 said:

This trophy didn't pop for me once I finished the game (even though I'm positive that I had gotten everything), but oddly enough, I got this trophy by replaying just the last map and getting the letter you get from the second battle on that map (which I had gotten the first time as well).

Genius! I did what you said, replayed the last map and after the battle with the elf ambush I picked up a letter at the next camp and trophy popped. So you can battle skip and still get all the trophies, thanks again.

• Like 1

Yeah, all the spymaster letters are readable in the epilogue. I believe you get the last one after the second combat encounter.

I don't think you can actually miss any of them, as they're not like the other letters you can pick up depending on your choices.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I missed one of the letters from that video, and still got the trophy at the end on the first try.

Just scout every map and do all signs on it, and never avoid battles, always chase and revenge if possible and you should get it.

If you see exclamation mark on the R1 (your bag with letters) always go through them and read out loud.

• 3 weeks later...

I can also confirm that I missed some letters from the video on YouTube, but still got the trophy. Trophies might be glitched or bugged when the game was released on PSN, but it seems that the 1.02 patch addressed these issues, and now everything works fine. Well, there are performance issues and in-game can be glitched, but otherwise trophies work fine.

On 22.12.2018 at 0:55 PM, Zarmatura93 said:

This trophy didn't pop for me once I finished the game (even though I'm positive that I had gotten everything), but oddly enough, I got this trophy by replaying just the last map and getting the letter you get from the second battle on that map (which I had gotten the first time as well).

Thanks for the tip, this worked for me too. I didn't get the trophy on my first playthrough but when I replayed the last map and read the report you get after the second battle it finally popped.

now I'm just missing the trophy for getting all the weapons and for killing the manticore (which I have done but the trophy glitched and didn't pop).

Edited by Janire1911

• 7 months later...
On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:55 PM, Zarmatura93 said:

You said you got the trophy "by replaying just the last map".

Is it possible to replay chapters?

1 hour ago, reiner- said:

You said you got the trophy "by replaying just the last map".

Is it possible to replay chapters?

In a way that may suit some purposes. The game generates an autosave at the beginning of each chapter and keeps those around as restore points. But when you load one of those your progress from the later chapters isn't saved. So if you missed a weapon in an earlier chapter, you'd have to play from that point till the last weapon I believe. Not sure if chests work the same way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

In a way that may suit some purposes. The game generates an autosave at the beginning of each chapter and keeps those around as restore points. But when you load one of those your progress from the later chapters isn't saved. So if you missed a weapon in an earlier chapter, you'd have to play from that point till the last weapon I believe. Not sure if chests work the same way.

Pressing the Options button and choosing Load Last Save will load the autosave?

1 hour ago, reiner- said:

Pressing the Options button and choosing Load Last Save will load the autosave?

Yeah. If you want to load a specific chapter you have to go through the main menu. There's one menu there that lets you select chapter and the way it works is by using the autosaves the game made when you reached that chapter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Yeah. If you want to load a specific chapter you have to go through the main menu. There's one menu there that lets you select chapter and the way it works is by using the autosaves the game made when you reached that chapter.

Awesome! Cheers man.

I'm very close to the end so fingers crossed I've collected all these reports.