Need Help With UR-Dragon

Shervink

So I really like this game and I'm fairly close to finishing my second play through at about level 70. The thing is I can't seem to be able to go past the 3rd health bar on this accursed dragon. I was wondering if anyone had any tips with this. I'm a Mystic Knight by the way.

• 4 months later...

I have a lvl 200 Ranger pawn. If you want her for free, sent me a PSN friend request (no blank please).

OK I will send a message to you but I only can do it later because now I'm in school so maybe in a few hours, the archer I have is level 50 so is a big improvement, how much playthrough you needed to do to reach that level? I'm in my 2nd playthrough at the part where you have to do 6 missions to be able to speak to king edmun

Yeah, I tried just doing the story on my own before checking wikia and finding out that I pretty much missed a lot of crap. The quests that can be blocked by progressing too far didn't help either. So now I'm playing the entire game while looking at wikia for everything >_<

Edited by xWSPx420x

If you're fighting the offline Ur Dragon, take it slow and steady and bring pawns whose skills complement your own.  Sorcerers and Rangers/Striders are good for ranged attacks, especially if there are body parts that you'll have trouble getting to on account of your Arisen's class.  Bring a couple of Wakestones "just in case".  Holy magic/enchantments are a good thing to have because of Ur's weakness.  Keep in mind that the offline Ur doesn't heal between rounds, so you can rest and re-stock your curatives and then head back in to pick up where you left off.

The offline Ur Dragon has roughly 30 hearts at the start spread all over his body.  I believe the Ur Dragon page on the wikia includes a diagram.

If you're fighting the online Ur Dragon, go into the menus and set your connectivity to "offline" (or log out of PSNetwork while you play) so that you're fighting that guy instead.  The online Ur Dragon is no laughing matter, and he can clobber you at the point where you're at.  The online Ur Dragon has more health than you can shake a stick at, and he's difficult to kill even during "grace period" unless you know exactly what you're doing, unless you are geared appropriately, unless you have the appropriate sundries with you to augment your strategies, et cetera.  Of course if Capcom runs another ridiculous "Ur Dragon Festival Hunt" that will all change.... but waiting around for one of those to happen doesn't strike me as a particularly sound strategy.

• Like 1

OK I will send a message to you but I only can do it later because now I'm in school so maybe in a few hours, the archer I have is level 50 so is a big improvement, how much playthrough you needed to do to reach that level? I'm in my 2nd playthrough at the part where you have to do 6 missions to be able to speak to king edmun

I did 2 Dragon's Dogma playthrough (1 with all the quests and 1 with about half of all the optional quests) and 2 Bitterblack Isle runs. After that I just farmed Death and Daimon on Bitterblack Isle. Once in a while I would hunt some specific monster for their loot to upgrade my BBI lv3 armor and weapons. What lvl are you btw?

If you're fighting the offline Ur Dragon, take it slow and steady and bring pawns whose skills complement your own.  Sorcerers and Rangers/Striders are good for ranged attacks, especially if there are body parts that you'll have trouble getting to on account of your Arisen's class.  Bring a couple of Wakestones "just in case".  Holy magic/enchantments are a good thing to have because of Ur's weakness.  Keep in mind that the offline Ur doesn't heal between rounds, so you can rest and re-stock your curatives and then head back in to pick up where you left off.

The offline Ur Dragon has roughly 30 hearts at the start spread all over his body.  I believe the Ur Dragon page on the wikia includes a diagram.

If you're fighting the online Ur Dragon, go into the menus and set your connectivity to "offline" (or log out of PSNetwork while you play) so that you're fighting that guy instead.  The online Ur Dragon is no laughing matter, and he can clobber you at the point where you're at.  The online Ur Dragon has more health than you can shake a stick at, and he's difficult to kill even during "grace period" unless you know exactly what you're doing, unless you are geared appropriately, unless you have the appropriate sundries with you to augment your strategies, et cetera.  Of course if Capcom runs another ridiculous "Ur Dragon Festival Hunt" that will all change.... but waiting around for one of those to happen doesn't strike me as a particularly sound strategy.

Urdragon has 42 hearts. :ninja: And the online version only heals when you use a wakestone to revive yourself

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I did 2 Dragon's Dogma playthrough (1 with all the quests and 1 with about half of all the optional quests) and 2 Bitterblack Isle runs. After that I just farmed Death and Daimon on Bitterblack Isle. Once in a while I would hunt some specific monster for their loot to upgrade my BBI lv3 armor and weapons. What lvl are you btw?

Urdragon has 42 hearts. :ninja: And the online version only heals when you use a wakestone to revive yourself

I'm at level 50 but I didn't did all the sub quests and now I'm doing them but the bitterblack isle is very hard, I came there at level 48 and in 1 attack death cleared me out

I'm at level 50 but I didn't did all the sub quests and now I'm doing them but the bitterblack isle is very hard, I came there at level 48 and in 1 attack death cleared me out

Yeah Death has instant kill attacks. BBI is intended for players who have the platinum and have completed DD at least twice. If you can't defeat the Urdragon, I would advise you to wait with BBI.

Yeah Death has instant kill attacks. BBI is intended for players who have the platinum and have completed DD at least twice. If you can't defeat the Urdragon, I would advise you to wait with BBI.

OK I think I will follow that advice, so for now my goal is to do the sub quests to level up and winning the trophies of it

I already sent you a friend request both here and on PS3

And the online version only heals when you use a wakestone to revive yourself

This is one of those memes that has been propogated by the uninformed who don't understand how the online Ur really works.  One of Capcom's experts and moderators is an active member of GameFAQs' Dragon's Dogma forums and has refuted this particular hypothesis on numerous occasions.

The online Ur Dragon DOES NOT HEAL.  Period.  What you see as "healing" is most likely encountering one of the multiple copies of online Ur floating around on Capcom's servers at any given time -- the variants only synchronize every so often and so different versions (consensus is that there are likely 4-6 different variations at any time) can have differing amounts of remaining health and heart distribution if it has been some time since Capcom's servers have re-distributed things.