Raid boss damage question

LittleBlueMacaw

Probably a super dumb question, but does the damage you inflict to the boss stack with other guild members? I'm trying to close portal 5 to get a darn vault key for the trophy (currently at portal 2). I'm in a 3-man guild and the only one actually playing. ?

Can't really imagine a single person doing 17.500+ damage by himself. =P

Doing enough damage to trigger the trophy is easy.

Doing enough damage to unlock the good/better rewards is a guild-wide effort.  You probably need to find some active players to guild up with unless you've got a really good lineup for the current week's event and probably some willingness to spend diamonds (or real money) to get enough event sigils to do enough damage.

Something like one player doing 18k damage is possible.  It's difficult, it's time-consuming, and it's very unlikely, but there are players who have done it.  It's just easier to have a bunch of friends help carry the load.

• Like 1

The leader board stands at 343k damage by one person. This is obviously insane, as the number 2 is at 200k and the number three at 81k. But it's possible with time and gems and probably money. The top 100 starts at 24k.

If you reach the limit of what your team can handle, focus on doing damage to the boss. It counts even if you lose the match. If you have the flesh ripper or mang weapon for the hero, this helps in doing boss damage. Both remove armor so you already did that much damage, and flesh ripper does damage afterwards based on how much armor you removed. Usually one hit from flesh ripper + one hit from the anti boss unit of the event can kill the boss for quite a while.

• Like 1

I can easily two-shot the boss as of right now (I think I'm currently at lv80). The rest of the enemy units are the real trouble.

No effin clue how the top people can dish out that much damage solo... I'm currently sitting at just 2.8k damage after buying the first three tiers and using up all sigils. It's obviously impossible to close the 5th portal at this rate so I will have to rely on my guild to help out.

I can two shot the boss at level 220 without fleshripper and the raid captain only at legendary. What really makes a difference is having every kingdom at level 10 (buy with gold) for a stat upgrade, and having 5 kingdom stars ni every kingdom for another stat upgrade. For now only about 5 kingdoms can be upgraded to 10 stars for yet another stat upgrade, this requires 20 units at level 20, having the mythic unit, every unit traited and a couple of weapons from that kingdom fully charged with ingots. Next are the kingdom and race related pets, for yet more stat upgrades. Having the hero of the class of the week helps as well, to maximize your kingdom and race bonuses by having 4 instead of 3 units of the same race and kingdom. Being hero level 1000+ probably helps out as well.

My team this week:
hero as shaman with the primal axe weapon (event weapon of the week), weapon upgraded to the max.

earthcaller: this week's raid captain, he's legendary/level 19, at level 20 he does even more damage to the boss, but I don't feel like investing that much gems
ketras the bull: the mythic unit of wild plains
chief stronghorn: third trait is helpfull, it gives every unit more stats upon doing 4-5 gem matches
All are fully traited, earth caller is level 19 while the others are level 20. My tauros pet is level 10, the wild plains pet hasn't been released yet.

My earthcaller one shotted the boss up to level 150-170 I think. With the above mentioned bonuses in place.

• Like 1

That's a lot of bonuses! :o Hmm... maybe that's why I'm doing so poorly in events because I'm just going for the trophies asap, rather than "future proofing" my profile. Currently have only one kingdom at lv 7 and one star I think (left all the other kingdoms alone as soon as I finished their quests lol)

Thanks for the tips! I will keep them in mind! :)

Hahaha, that'll do the trick :P. Level 10 on every kingdom gives +12 health, +10 armor, +5 magic and +7 attack on every unit. Double with every kingdom at 5 stars ;). You can see which kingdom gives which stat a +1 in the kingdom menu. It's advisable to focus your gold on one kingdom at a time, for these stat upgrades. In my guild I even tell new recruits to upgrade their kingdoms first before spending gold on guild tasks. Not everyone does this, and they're free to do so of course. But spending 100k a week on kingdoms (they cost about that much) will help out a lot more then spending 100k gold a week on the guild tasks.

This game is best played by doing 10-30 minutes a day. Rather than a few hours a day when new trophies get released.

Edited by de_digibeet
  • Like 1

Woops ... no one ever explained the game to you. And the game itself doesn't do a good job explained it either.

Here are some basic tips (you might know them, maybe not).

Priorities:

1: get every kingdom to level 10. This gives one stat point upgrade to every unit. Begin with the kingdoms that give a magic and attack upgrade.
2: get the kingdoms to 5 stars: This gives another stat point upgrade to every unit if that kingdom is at level 10. This is a long term goal, so chose one kingdom at a time, begin again with magic and attack.

3: build and use a soul team. This team rakes in the souls in such large amounts that you'll have more than enough to level up every unit before you have enough traitstones to trait everything. A soul team consists of one unit that generates souls with its spell. Sort units by spell effect "generate souls". The other three units should have the necromancy trait unlocked. Unfortunately the ability to sort troops by trait has been removed. So you'll have to type necromancy in the search option within the troop menu. This will list the units that can get this trait. The cheapest option is having three zombies in your team. Yes they can be the same unit. The final touch for a soul team would be to buy the +100% soul armor for 500 gems. A higher level soul team works just as well in PvP as any other team. By the time you have dragon soul, kerberos and acolyte collected, leveled up and traited. Add a third necromancy unit to complete the team.

4: challenges: the challenges have been changed since I wrote this. Use your soul team for challenge level 1-3 and come back later when you have a stronger team.
5: grinding out traitstones in explore, preferably using your soul team. This is best done at lowest difficulty due to souls/hour and traitstones/hour.

6: ignore delve for quite a while. Pick one delve faction, do its level 20 delve, finish it, and repeat level 20. This gives shards while not increasing the difficulty. These shards can be used for the other factions. To get the hoard levels up, to get the faction units. So long as not every kingdom is at level 10 and 5 stars, you stand no chance whatsoever in getting beyond delve level 100 (if you can even reach that far, no idea). Hoard levels give stat upgrades to every unit, but only while in use in that particular faction delve.

7: glory usage: every week buy the new unit from the glory shop. This gives a new unit which is useful for kingdom stars, but it is also a great source for arcane trait stones. Maybe the most important source in the game.

8: pets, when you see the weekly pet event, try to use a devour based team if possible. Works for most pet events. When you get the pet, upgrade it to level 5. This can usually be done when you get it, with the pet food you got along with it.

9: dungeon: The dungeon can be found in the games tab and is best played every day. And on Sunday, you can buy some diamonds from the dungeon shop, this is highly recommended. With 4000 diamonds you can craft a mythic in the forge and Sunday gives by far the most diamonds. 20 diamonds on every day, 70 on Sunday and 230 from the Sunday shop.

Do this until about level 700-800. After which your soul surplus is sufficient to focus on getting every kingdom to the 7th star.

That's it for now. Have fun :)

Edited by de_digibeet
  • Like 2