Platinum guide/tips/hours

LethalLuke1993

Hey guys

Since Forsaken released I've really wanted to pick up Destiny. My only concern is the Platinum. I've read in several places now that the guides are out of date etc. 

So my question is does anyone have any tips that are relevant to the game as it is now. For example is the raid anymore difficult or easier than at release, how long are we looking at for platinum etc. 

• Like 1

@LethalLuke1993 Yo, I do not have forsaken because I stopped playing early, but the plat is really really easy. My advice is that you find people to play with ASAP to speed up the grind and hard stuff. Basically playing through the campaign 3x and completing events will help you lvl up your character quicker. The raid will be even easier with the forsaken DLC, because the light level of the enemies will be the same while you will be higher after grinding forsaken. Might take a bit to get used to the raid if you don't know, but it is fun with friends and can take less than an hour to complete. Another hard part is the "Lest Ye Be Judged" trophy which is PvP and it sucks in this game if you don't conform quickly with certain play styles. You do need a fairly good team to play this type of PvP. All in all, if you are grinding this game daily or whatever with people, the plat will seem like no big deal. I would suggest watching vids on the raid if you are not familiar and PvP strategies for that one trophy I mentioned. :) So time wise, I would say 1-3weeks depending on people you play with and how much you play. I hope this helped lol, I love destiny, but it died for me b4 forsaken.

Edited by toothboss

The platinum itself is easy, the only thing that would give you any kind of difficulty really, would be the prestige raid. The trials trophy is now awarded if you talk to Xur, so that's not an issue at all. The prestige raid now has locked loadouts, which make it a bit more difficult, but if you have a good team, it's not too bad. I run a somewhat active Destiny clan comprised of mostly trophy hunters. You can message me if you'd like an invite, and would be happy to help out with what I can. 

38 minutes ago, toothboss said:

The raid will be even easier with the forsaken DLC, because the light level of the enemies will be the same while you will be higher after grinding forsaken

Pretty sure you get scaled down.

40 minutes ago, toothboss said:

Another hard part is the "Lest Ye Be Judged" trophy which is PvP and it sucks in this game if you don't conform quickly with certain play styles

Just have to talk to Xur for that now...

@LethalLuke1993 Depends on which version of the game you're wanting to purchase. Either way could easily take a couple hundred hours. Owning Forsaken will speed up the process because it'll allow you to do more powerful gear activities (leveling up in D2). Double the time estimate if you're going for 100%.

PSNP's guide for D2 is not up to date. Forsaken made some changes to the vanilla game that changed how some of the trophies are unlocked. Also, the Leviathan raid walkthrough has some parts that are incomplete or incorrect.

I recommend this guide if you do decide to play D2:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny-2-a/315697-destiny-2-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Edited by Rowdi
Ninja'd

@Rowdi thank you for telling me, ik I gave some misinformation because I haven't played in awhile. Just wanted them know it's really simple. My way of help always messes up somehow haha. But truly thanks for correcting me. And thanks to everyone else for correcting me as well. Sorry @LethalLuke1993

Edited by toothboss

On 15/01/2019 at 10:22 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

The platinum itself is easy, the only thing that would give you any kind of difficulty really, would be the prestige raid. The trials trophy is now awarded if you talk to Xur, so that's not an issue at all. The prestige raid now has locked loadouts, which make it a bit more difficult, but if you have a good team, it's not too bad. I run a somewhat active Destiny clan comprised of mostly trophy hunters. You can message me if you'd like an invite, and would be happy to help out with what I can. 

That's really awesome of you man! I may just take you up on that. I think I'll wait and see how Anthem reviews first because I'm really interested in that but I don't want two similar type of games on the go at the same time. 

Greetings Programs!

This chain has caught my attention. I am a trophy hunter and have been playing D2 since it was on the PSN free list. I am a capable Guardian with a Titan at about LL 623.  I am looking for players to link up with willing to train me in Nightfalls and Raids. My goal is to get the D2 Platinum. My problem is that I haven't been able to find players to guide me and train me on end game activities. I am EST in North America and would appreciate help getting me to my goal. Experience in the activities is what I really need as my level is already past the activity caps and should be an asset to any fireteam willing to give me guidance.