gaming sessions issue

ive noticed a fair few players putting up sessions for games with descriptions of, "for current group only, no new players", this seems utterly pointless to me as I thought the idea of these sessions were to find new players to boost/play with, does thiss annoy anyone else?

Not really, its exactly what its for.  If you want to boost with randoms you have the option of setting up your own session for that.  Some people have a tough time to find decent people to boost with, and usually stick with the same people throughout the duration of their time playing that game.

• Like 3

Not really, its exactly what its for.  If you want to boost with randoms you have the option of setting up your own session for that.  Some people have a tough time to find decent people to boost with, and usually stick with the same people throughout the duration of their time playing that game.

I have to agree that after finding a decent group it's better to stick with them for the rest of the boost for that game, but I do agree with the TC, since after you get a group to boost for a game, it would be better to more the organization to a private channel if it ends up needing more then 1 session and no new  persons are needed (but then I also think that organizing everything in private after getting the group together would be easier...).

So it's a bit pointless in my opinion, but it doesn't bother me that much.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

yes but if they've already found the people they are boosting with is there any need to advertise it and clutter up the list when they already know who and when they are boosting with

Not necessarily, if they are split across different time zones or there of many of them, a calendar entry is still needed. it also doesn't mean everyone will turn up to it.

I too felt this way but also understand why it is being done.

As Altered mentioned, not all players are in same time zone so it's better for everyone to be able to see and sign up if available.

If it is a game you really want to play then maybe create a session of your own and I am sure you will find people. I boosted Ghost Recon with you and know you are a good booster who keeps everything organized and tries to keep everyone in check and attain whatever trophies are set up for that particular session.

In the particular session I think you are talking about, we are finding that less is more and OP is hesitant to add due to letdown on some days.Keeping it to the people he knows will consistently show up is his mindset now.

• Like 1

I am also involved in the particular session I believe you are referring to and it was decided that we would keep it to the group that we arranged originally to save time as it takes so long to boost.

The reason we continue to post sessions is to keep organisation due to the fact that I live in the UK and the other guys live in different time zones as well so that way we all know where we stand for the week!!!

• Like 1

Why let it annoy you? If its for a game that you are currently working on why not create your on session, I'm sure they aren't the only ones that are wanting to boost this game.

As AF and Freddie said its a benefit to listing these sessions when everyone lives in different timezones. Honestly I don't see how this can be a big deal and annoy you that much.

• Like 2