Will Micro$oft Relent On Used Games/Online Requirements/Spying ETC

Bullstomp

Micro$oft's Rebuttal  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will Micro$oft Relent On Used Game Restrictions/Online Requirements/Spying

• Stay firm to their idiotic choices thus far
    • Adjust at least a few things to stay competitive with Sony
    • Make excuses and confuse people all the way to the launch date
    • Other (please specify)

Don't think they will back pedal. Even the option of giving your game away once won't come in till 6 months till after the release so even if they change used games it wouldn't come into place for 6-12 months after release date. The price won't change cause it's M$ we're on about here. 

Microsoft made big mistakes at this E3. The system will not last long and Microsoft will make a new console or give up. Sony made one mistake this E3 and it that you are require to buy PS plus to play games online. Why did you do it Sony? All the Sony fanboys will get mad when the read this and say PS Plus is a good deal . It is a good deal but the charge everyone that to play online games. I like Sony attitude better than Microsoft. Also Sony showed more game that excited me than Microsoft but why are people happy to pay to  play online .

Edited by quit342

Microsoft made big mistakes at this E3. The system will not last long and Microsoft will make a new console or give up. Sony made one mistake this E3 and it that you are require to buy PS plus to play games online. Why did you do it Sony? All the Sony fanboys will get mad when the read this and say PS Plus is a good deal . It is a good deal but the charge everyone that to play online games. I like Sony attitude better than Microsoft. Also Sony showed more game that excited me than Microsoft but why are people happy to play online .

I don't agree that they made a mistake as there is only so long you can keep a free service going and as it's only on the PS4 (as far as I can see) that requires PS+ for online gaming.

I love the fact that there will be no price increase for PS+ and your sub covers all 3 systems, the money to maintain has to come from somewhere.

A free service will only stagnante, a service you pay for will get better as there is a revenue stream to pay for upkeep and improvements (to which Sony have already stated this).

I don't agree that they made a mistake as there is only so long you can keep a free service going and as it's only on the PS4 (as far as I can see) that requires PS+ for online gaming.

I love the fact that there will be no price increase for PS+ and your sub covers all 3 systems, the money to maintain has to come from somewhere.

A free service will only stagnante, a service you pay for will get better as there is a revenue stream to pay for upkeep and improvements (to which Sony have already stated this).

PS3 online was good and free. What they should have one to ps plus was add cross game chat ,video share ,and the benefits already available. People who want to get the these will buy PS Plus. PS Plus is a great service for the free games but allow people to play online for free.  One of PS3 benefits over Xbox 360 was free online. Nintendo is the only one doing that the right way now. I will buy a PS4 but I will not buy PS Plus to play online. The free game from PS Plus doesn't benefit me as I like disc versions of games. 

PS3 online was good and free. What they should have one to ps plus was add cross game chat ,video share ,and the benefits already available. People who want to get the these will buy PS Plus. PS Plus is a great service for the free games but allow people to play online for free.  One of PS3 benefits over Xbox 360 was free online. Nintendo is the only one doing that the right way now. I will buy a PS4 but I will not buy PS Plus to play online. The free game from PS Plus doesn't benefit me as I like disc versions of games. 

I agree on adding new features to make PS+ even more attractive, however, the likes of cross-game chat will never happen on PS3 as it's a hardware limitation due to the RAM.

I love the "free" games I get with PS+ and whilst I like having a disc version, if the digital version is sufficiently cheap enough to warrant it, I'd buy that as I don't have to go and find a copy (more with older titles).

I don't keep games as I usually trade them in once I've finished with them (if I know I'll never play it again) as it's funds towards the next one, plus less stuff I have to store somewhere.

I'm not put off by the download sizes either, I have 76Mb fibre, a game is usually downloaded by the time I've cooked dinner.

What I meant by cross-game chat was on PS4 as a ps plus benefit.

I agree on adding new features to make PS+ even more attractive, however, the likes of cross-game chat will never happen on PS3 as it's a hardware limitation due to the RAM.

I love the "free" games I get with PS+ and whilst I like having a disc version, if the digital version is sufficiently cheap enough to warrant it, I'd buy that as I don't have to go and find a copy (more with older titles).

I don't keep games as I usually trade them in once I've finished with them (if I know I'll never play it again) as it's funds towards the next one, plus less stuff I have to store somewhere.

I'm not put off by the download sizes either, I have 76Mb fibre, a game is usually downloaded by the time I've cooked dinner.

What I meant by cross-game chat was on PS4 as a ps plus benefit. 

Edited by quit342

I thought the exact same thing. I'm not a Microsoft fanboy myself (im more of a Sony fan) but I do have a 360 and a Windows Phone, as well as Windows 8 and at the moment the attitude that we have seen from Microsoft in the past few weeks has started to make me wonder about leaving them all together, as never have I seen a company more intent on combating piracy more than valuing its customers, dare I say it they are getting worse than EA?

Well now we know a few things:

1. SONY can create consoles, games, televisions, etc...
  2. Microsoft can create pc, tablet and iphones (or whatever that stupid thing is) software

I only like Microsoft because right now I'm using Windows 8, made by Microsoft, but playing PS3 made by all mighty SONY. But too bad I don't have a Linux PC. But Linux is much harder to work on.

Just think about Windows 8. They still won`t add back the start menu. It will be the same with x one too. Nothing unusual, even tough I use Windows 8 and I love it ^^

They will, it's called Windows 8.1 or Windows Blue, but you have to pay for a small little menu button.

Edited by BrunoBomb

They will, it's called Windows 8.1 or Windows Blue, but you have to pay for a small little menu button.

Actually 8.1 only adds the start button back for free if your already on 8. Clicking this button only opens the Start Screen. For a start menu I use Start8.

Let me correct you on this.

1. It will be a "Start Button" that gets the Metro UI up, not a "Start Menu"

2. It will be a free update for Windows 8 users.

• 2 weeks later...