Will Micro$oft Relent On Used Games/Online Requirements/Spying ETC

Bullstomp

Micro$oft's Rebuttal  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will Micro$oft Relent On Used Game Restrictions/Online Requirements/Spying

• Stay firm to their idiotic choices thus far
    • Adjust at least a few things to stay competitive with Sony
    • Make excuses and confuse people all the way to the launch date
    • Other (please specify)

Ok, so E3 is underway and so far Sony has pimpslapped Micro$oft into submission. No used game limitations, no online requirement for single player games and the system is $100 less expensive! This poll is to gauge Micro$oft's reaction; do they stay the course with what they have already implemented, change their rollout to try to stay competitive with Sony or make excuses? What do you think?

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 1

I think they'll stay the course and monitor the initial "post-release" sales and reception.  If it's a catastrophe, they can just admit their mistake and try to undo it, if not... then why change anything?  There's still plenty of Xbox faithful's out there who are buying the system regardless so they can play the next 38 CoD's.  Even today, while I was at Gamestop (pre-ordering my PS4), I saw someone pre-order the Xbox with a huge smile on their face.  They couldn't wait to get their hands on it.

Given some of the language used, I'm not sure I can take this thread (or even the poll) seriously, especially considering the terminology.

Personally, I do feel as though a good portion of new decisions were a positive attempt to show that they're trying to expand on technology for the sake of developers/publishers, but there are other features (more so than any being the online once a day requirement) that just make it inconvenient.

In the end, I do feel that the system will have it's successes, but they will need to alter some of the game plan if they want to conquer a longer term of new consumers. It'd be beneficial not only for the users, but be a breath of fresh air for their PR department.

• Like 1

Given some of the language used, I'm not sure I can take this thread (or even the poll) seriously, especially considering the terminology.

The vibe of this poll is serious but I do have a hard time masking my dislike of Xbox. I am greatly enjoying watching M$ screw up left and right. Still, I wonder if they will be smart enough to adjust or will they continue to blunder . . .

So to your point, this is a serious poll with an anti-M$ slant [money-grubbing bastages]  :P

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 1

At this point, still anything could happen.

For all we know, the One could wind up being on top for the next foreseeable year with a higher console success rate (less console breakdowns than their competititors, etc) or a larger or more successful game lineup.

A good portion of us love Kingdom Hearts, and I think that it was a key portion of Sony's presentation -- but there are still quite a few Xbox faithful, especially when considering the FPS and driving genres.

In the end, it could be as simple as which console has the "best" games, or a larger library; it's the first time that we'll have a chance to see them start from Square-One at the same time.

I'm both incredibly exhausted by it all and occasionally unimpressed -- but also a bit excited by the possibilities.

• Like 1

Personally, I do feel as though a good portion of new decisions were a positive attempt to show that they're trying to expand on technology for the sake of developers/publishers, but there are other features (more so than any being the online once a day requirement) that just make it inconvenient.

In the end, I do feel that the system will have it's successes, but they will need to alter some of the game plan if they want to conquer a longer term of new consumers. It'd be beneficial not only for the users, but be a breath of fresh air for their PR department.

Well you found more positives than the PA guys did :P

i-fWkgG24-950x10000.jpg

I think they will stay especially as a MS Executive said 'if you dont have the internet then stay with 360.'

OMG I can't believe I just saw that. If I was a M$ fanboy that video would have converted me to Sony even though I have broadband internet.

My follow up would have been "What about people in areas without stable internet, LIKE OUR TROOPS OVERSEAS FIGHTING TO DEFEND YOUR RIGHT TO PRICE-GOUGE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?"

@$$clowns . . .

think they will stay especially as a MS Executive said 'if you dont have the internet then stay with 360.'

Wow, that's so sad. That response was clearly from someone who was broken and knew that they messed up from the insane negative pressure that they got, so his words were 100% honest and not the PR crap that we mostly get. I respect the other gaming platforms even tho i'm in the playstation camp, but i actually feel bad for them.

Edited by HeySumbode

I have a feeling Microsoft will continue to confuse the hell out of everybody all the way to launch claiming that they hear our feedback and plan on making some changes, but I doubt they're going to change everything. They've already made their stance quite clear, if you don't have internet you must be living on a nuclear submarine and in such case they already have a system for you, the 360. 

In all honesty, I'm am actually amazed that Microsoft made themselves look even more ridiculous than they did at the One reveal. I was kind of expecting some backpeddeling due to all the PR crap Microsoft went through after the reveal but nope, they stuck to their guns and managed to piss off fans even more than they already were. 

Parker

M$ will try to confuse and swerve people.  If people are smart and not stupid than yeah people would be buying an PS4 or at least I hate to say it an Wii U. That's if people were smart and yes I'm talking to the casuals who blindly buys into anything instead of investigate what's up. Just take a good 10-20 mins to investigate what's wrong with the Xbox One and what's right PS4.  M$ basically saying No to Used games you have to go though us, No to offline play at all, No to No DRM and finally it's being advertised as an Supped up Cable Box. I will not be surprised if Windows 9 is constantly online. I'd like to see them commit company suicide if they pull that off.

6 months is a long time. Although a lot of people are moaning, most will still buy it. Activision did the same with COD MW2.

If you checked Steam before release, there were massive boycott groups (which is worse than just people complaining) - on release day, 90% of the boycott groups were playing ... MW2.

Consumer loves to moan, but at the end of the day, they will end up buying it - Most people who say 'vote with your wallets' buy the stuff they are against.

I do think MS may back peddle on the whole Internet thing, but by only allowing you to play a game for the first 24 hours before activation. After 24 hours you must connect to use the licence. But end of the day these are big companies, and they  don't do things on a whim, they will have a certain amount of information about their target markets before doing anything.

Oh and don't be fooled, that $ can also be used for $ony, not just M$ - both are there to make money - that's what companies do :)

OMG I can't believe I just saw that. If I was a M$ fanboy that video would have converted me to Sony even though I have broadband internet.

My follow up would have been "What about people in areas without stable internet, LIKE OUR TROOPS OVERSEAS FIGHTING TO DEFEND YOUR RIGHT TO PRICE-GOUGE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?"

@$$clowns . . .

I thought the exact same thing. I'm not a Microsoft fanboy myself (im more of a Sony fan) but I do have a 360 and a Windows Phone, as well as Windows 8 and at the moment the attitude that we have seen from Microsoft in the past few weeks has started to make me wonder about leaving them all together, as never have I seen a company more intent on combating piracy more than valuing its customers, dare I say it they are getting worse than EA?

MS is the Ralph Nader of console gaming, they are trying to do just enough to split the vote, and/or  destroy it for everyone else.  Make people switch to PC gaming or vote for the other guy.  What do they care? They run the only OS for PC's their opinion is you're gonna pay us one way or the other.

I think they'll stick to their guns and not back-pedal just to save face.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've looked at it from the viewpoint, "well, consumers will whinge, but end up buying it, so we get our way anyway".

Not sure if the "if you've got crap/no internet, buy a 360" quote was just a piss-take answer or not.

• Like 1

I think they'll stick to their guns and not back-pedal just to save face.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've looked at it from the viewpoint, "well, consumers will whinge, but end up buying it, so we get our way anyway".

Not sure if the "if you've got crap/no internet, buy a 360" quote was just a piss-take answer or not.

When you have morons that make this kind of statements, and another one saying the only way you don't get acces to internet 24/7 is because you live on a nuclear submarine, I guess is safe to say the company is going to stand firm on their greedy opinions.