2nd run mode

SGRevan

So, I've just finished Leon's story and the game offers me to play as Claire in a '2nd run' mode.

What I'm wondering is, should I play Claire's story through 'New game' first, or rather experience her story for the first time through the '2nd run' mode?

I did some research, and I discovered that many details change while playing in the '2nd run' mode.

Any advice/info is appreciated! Thanks!

In the remake, the 2nd run mode is basically almost the same as the first run, except it cuts out all the stuff with Marvin in the beginning. It's also slightly harder and you get the full ending for beating it. Oh and you pick up an extra handgun (that is more powerful I think) in the beginning of the game.

The main things that change in the B or 2nd scenario in the remake are puzzle solutions. Story elements remain the same with the exception of the first five minutes of the game.

For trophies you will have to do both second scenarios up till the sewers, as they both have unique collectibles there.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ResidentDarrell said:

The way I understand it is you play Leon 1 then Claire 2nd run. Then Claire 1 then Leon 2nd run for the "true ending."

i was told this as well but instead i did

leon a, claire b, leon b. (about to do claire a tommorow)

i got folklore trophy and true ending trophy as well. after you do A&B, leon b is similar to claire b but harder with a few examples of leon a being mixed in. i started to do claire a but backed out because it was starting off like leon a.

for the storyline purpose if you do leon A, Claire B you seem to pretty much get the full story. doing leon b after already showed me cutscenes i had already saw from the previous 2 so i imagine when i do claire a next ill already have seen everything in it

so basically do A then B (with opposite character)

8 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Does every1 go Leon first??

I think Claire should be first for the collectibles assisted run as shes more difficult, then start the S run with Leon on either standard/hardcore as he has a easier time with the bosses

Still havent played 2nd yet though, keep replaying 1st ;)

i have to say claire is way easier imo. her grenade launcher can kill lickers with acid, and the flame rounds burst onto the plant people. also her silencer on her gun makes mr.x seem to not hear you when you shoot and has a harder time finding you. the minigun shoots way faster against the boss at the end compared to the magnum

Edited by melodicmizery

4 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i was told this as well but instead i did

leon a, claire b, leon b. (about to do claire a tommorow)

i got folklore trophy and true ending trophy as well. after you do A&B, leon b is similar to claire b but harder with a few examples of leon a being mixed in. i started to do claire a but backed out because it was starting off like leon a.

for the storyline purpose if you do leon A, Claire B you seem to pretty much get the full story. doing leon b after already showed me cutscenes i had already saw from the previous 2 so i imagine when i do claire a next ill already have seen everything in it

so basically do A then B (with opposite character)

i have to say claire is way easier imo. her grenade launcher can kill lickers with acid, and the flame rounds burst onto the plant people. also her silencer on her gun makes mr.x seem to not hear you when you shoot and has a harder time finding you. the minigun shoots way faster against the boss at the end compared to the magnum

Well I guess if ur going into the game completely blind she may seem easier at first

But if ur reading up tips you would know that;

NO lickers need harming.

Only 1 or 2 plant monsters need killing and u can use hand grenades for those.

You would have everything done.before Mr X appears so alerting him wouldnt be a problem

You dont need ANY ammo for Leons end boss, its on a timer, damage only speeds it up (grenades work well for that)

As I say, at first Claire may seem easier, but I believe her hardcore is more difficult to be honest