Game won't load

mariosF94

I got tekken 6 from a friend a few years back. Started up the game, installed the update and then I tried accessing online play but I ended up looking at a black screen. Exited the game though the xmb and the ps3 restarted. Launched the game again and this time I chose scenario campaign. Played the first stage and when I continued to the next one it stuck on the loading screen. Exited the game again through the xmb and just gave it back to him because I thought the disc was faulty. Also I deleted the game data and the saved data from the ps3. Yesterday I picked up the game from a store. Again launched and updated it. First thing I did was to access the online and it led me to another black screen just like last time. Had to quit the game through the xmb again... you know the drill. After that I played some scenario campaign and cleared a few stages without any issues with the loading screens between the stages this time around, until the arena poped up on the map and I visited it only to find out that on the first match I tried to play it stuck on the loading screen between my character and the enemy right before the fight would begin. Last thing I tried was to play the arcade mode. I started with the first fight, got through it and then it stuck again on the loading screen before the second fight would start after you've picked your character just like at the arena. Anyone has experienced a similar situation and perhaps knows how to fix this?

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's possible that you have corrupt files on your ps3 that is causing it

When was the last time you rebuilt the database and restored the file system?

I don't think I've ever rebuilt the database or restored the file system on the ps3.

Edit: Just rebuilt the database and restored the file system. The issues are still here though.

Edited by mariosF94

You aren't the only one if that makes you feel any better... There seems to be numerous people with similar issues around the world. No fix really.

Have you tried deleting the game save? like the actual save file.

This reminds me something about Twisted Metal (ps3). I had bought it on release day because I was very hyped for TM since I grew up loving them. Well I had loading issues, black screen, freezes, all that crap. And David Jaffe told me to buy a new ps3 cause my disc drive wasnt spinning at full speed and the game requires it so. Maybe try a different ps3 if possible and see? 

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

7 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

You aren't the only one if that makes you feel any better... There seems to be numerous people with similar issues around the world. No fix really.

Have you tried deleting the game save? like the actual save file.

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's a common issue according to other people via google.

Only thing that fixed it was just deleting the game and reinstalling it over and over

I have deleted the game data and the saved data of the game several times. Guess I'll try a few more.

7 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

This reminds me something about Twisted Metal (ps3). I had bought it on release day because I was very hyped for TM since I grew up loving them. Well I had loading issues, black screen, freezes, all that crap. And David Jaffe told me to buy a new ps3 cause my disc drive wasnt spinning at full speed and the game requires it so. Maybe try a different ps3 if possible and see? 

6 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

I've had this problem with Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3).

The screen went black when loading the third boss encounter. Same disc on different PS3 worked fine, different disc (NGS) on my PS3 wouldn't work either.

I'll try the disc on a different ps3 when I get the opportunity and will inform you. Thanks everyone for the replies.

8 minutes ago, mariosF94 said:

I tried both discs on a different ps3 (2 years old) and had the same results.

Mmm your story has me intrigued. Im guessing the ps3s are fine and functional. My guess is that it's probably your online connection? Or the disc itself? I am sorry I cant help much but I can just give pointers I suppose.

• Like 1

I was gonna say that the disc could be the issue but then I read that you got a second disc from a store and you still have issues with the game not loading. In my experience, I had a similar problem with copies of MotorStorm Apocalypse and The Tomb Raider Trilogy on PS3. Both due to a defective manufacturer's disc I assumed. The discs were in very good condition but my console would then get stuck at a specific point in the game, unable to load what was next. Managed to solve it by getting a second copy of those games.

• Like 1

I deleted many games from my ps3 until I had 69 GB of free space. Before that I had 20 GB or so. Launched the game after I had deleted it from the system as well and I was able to play the arcade mode without any issues and access the online. Tried playing some online but I couldn't find any opponents but that's probably because the online is kinda dead. Returned to the game menu and played some more offline and then decided to give online another shot. When I pressed online I got a black screen again so I exited the game and launched it again. Now I managed to access online again. Up until now I have no issues. I hope it stays that way. Thank you all for your help.

• Like 1

All was good and I turned off my ps3. Went back to continue the game a few hours later from my previous post and now things have gotten way worse. I start up the game, get to the menu and now no matter which mode I choose to play (scenario campaign, offline or online mode), it leads me to black screen forcing me to quit the game and as a result to that my ps3 restarts. This is getting very annoying.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:44 PM, PooPooBlast said:

Mmm your story has me intrigued. Im guessing the ps3s are fine and functional. My guess is that it's probably your online connection? Or the disc itself? I am sorry I cant help much but I can just give pointers I suppose.

I don't think its my connection because I have the same issue on offline mode as well. I have two discs. I mean what are the odds of both of them being faulty... At this point I really don't know.. Thanks for trying to help.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:07 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Have you tried playing offline without the patch at all?

I tried it but had the same results.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, Honor_Hand said:

I was gonna say that the disc could be the issue but then I read that you got a second disc from a store and you still have issues with the game not loading. In my experience, I had a similar problem with copies of MotorStorm Apocalypse and The Tomb Raider Trilogy on PS3. Both due to a defective manufacturer's disc I assumed. The discs were in very good condition but my console would then get stuck at a specific point in the game, unable to load what was next. Managed to solve it by getting a second copy of those games.

23 hours ago, thinktank79 said:

Disks can go bad, it happened to me years ago with my copy of bioshock for PS3. Tried it on 3 different systems and no go. Would up contacting 2K and they sent me a replacement but that was, I don’t know, 8-10 years ago. 

Unfortunately, a second disc didn't do the trick for me..

Edited by mariosF94
  • Like 2

Just out curiosity, the 2 PS3s you have tried this game on, do they happen to have a different HDD installed on them other than the one they come with from the manufacturer? One of my PS3s has a 1 TB HDD that I replaced from the default 160 GB it came with. This may sound weird but maybe there could be a small incompatibility there that could be preventing the game from loading.

Very recently (like yesterday), I was trying to pull off a glitch on Gran Turismo 5 and, for whatever reason, my main PS3 with the 1 TB HDD was completely unable to load up a certain event in the game when the game was at version 1.10 (It did load when the game was fully updated but on an early version, it didn't). When I tried that same event on the PS3 with the default 160 GB that it came with, the event loaded just fine. Which led me to believe that the HDD was the cause of the game not loading that section.

Also, as an interesting piece of information. Back in the day, one of Sony's firmware updates managed to brick that 1TBB PS3. I don't remember which version was that bricked my console and many other ones. It was a somewhat common issue and I believe it only affected PS3s that had a custom HDDs at that time. Fortunately enough, Sony released an update next week that managed to fix the issues but, my point is, I think having a different HDD on your console could, on very rare occasions, cause incompatibilities on the software.

Thought about throwing this here to see if it is of some help to you, man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Just out curiosity, the 2 PS3s you have tried this game on, do they happen to have a different HDD installed on them other than the one they come with from the manufacturer? One of my PS3s has a 1 TB HDD that I replaced from the default 160 GB it came with. This may sound weird but maybe there could be a small incompatibility there that could be preventing the game from loading.

Very recently (like yesterday), I was trying to pull off a glitch on Gran Turismo 5 and, for whatever reason, my main PS3 with the 1 TB HDD was completely unable to load up a certain event in the game when the game was at version 1.10 (It did load when the game was fully updated but on an early version, it didn't). When I tried that same event on the PS3 with the default 160 GB that it came with, the event loaded just fine. Which led me to believe that the HDD was the cause of the game not loading that section.

Also, as an interesting piece of information. Back in the day, one of Sony's firmware updates managed to brick that 1TBB PS3. I don't remember which version was that bricked my console and many other ones. It was a somewhat common issue and I believe it only affected PS3s that had a custom HDDs at that time. Fortunately enough, Sony released an update next week that managed to fix the issues but, my point is, I think having a different HDD on your console could, on very rare occasions, cause incompatibilities on the software.

Thought about throwing this here to see if it is of some help to you, man.

Both ps3s have the default 160 GB HDD. Good idea though.

• Like 1

I have an update. This morning, I played 2 games (disc versions) and 2 other games (digital versions). I must mention here that I have deleted both game and saved data of tekken 6 from the system. Having said that, I insert the tekken 6 disc to the ps3 and update the game before launching it. As soon as I got to the menu, I chose offline mode and then arcade mode. Surprisingly, it worked like a charm and cleared all of the arcade mode. Returned to the menu and for the first time ever the background which would always show Kazuya with a gray layout, turned into Lars at a bridge. Also the "Now loading" from the bottom right wasn't there. I have previously tried waiting in the menu to let the game load but it would always keep saying now loading until I ran out of patience. I have waited for 2 hours and nothing would change so I'm guessing that something was wrong with the game. I tried accessing the online and it worked, played two games. Returned to the menu once again and the background instantly turned into Lars like last time. I exited the game through the xmb and the ps3 didn't restart also for the first time. Fast forwarding a few hours later, I turn on the ps3, launched tekken 6 as soon as I got to the menu Lars appeared again. After that I earned all online trophies and played some offline without any issues at all. I think that whatever was blocking the menu from loading is gone. What was it though? A bug perhaps.. How was it fixed exactly? I can't know for sure, that's why I make sure to mention everything I did. If anything changes I'll post here again, although I hope I don't have to. Fingers crossed!