Everyone needs to buy this game

turniplord

The game is pretty and it can be emotional but I really didn't enjoy the controls and the overall glitchiness. Sometimes it's hard to evaluate the 3D environment and how/when to jump to get to specific platforms. On more than one occasion I got stuck in the environment (couldn't move or jump) and had to restart the puzzle. It's not a big time loss but it can draw you out of the game. Another complaint I have is that as much as this is a puzzle game, sometimes you need to be very precise with the execution. This doesn't work well with the imprecise controls (in my opinion) so sometimes I would need to replay the same section multiple times just to get the execution right even though I knew exactly what the solution was. Speaking of puzzles, each 'world' ends with a more complicated puzzle to be solved and some of them are very though. I like puzzle games a lot and I'm all for a challenge but here I felt that the game wasn't communicating hints well enough in a few cases.

So that was a paragraph of what is wrong with the game but in the end I would recommend Pode if you like atmospheric puzzle platformers. If you're looking for a cutesy coop game Unravel Two is much better but Pode is still worth experiencing. Just beware of some of the small things that might detract from the experience.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 27/03/2019 at 3:56 PM, TheMightyImp2 said:

Looks awesome, but even on sale it looks really expensive for an indie game with very few trophies 

The fact that it's made by a smaller studio shouldn't be a factor, nor should its trophy list. Buy and play it if you think you'll enjoy it, because that means it's worth the money no matter what.

On 10/03/2023 at 8:03 PM, anxietycrossing said:

The fact that it's made by a smaller studio shouldn't be a factor, nor should its trophy list. Buy and play it if you think you'll enjoy it, because that means it's worth the money no matter what.

The size of the studio wasn't a factor.

The price of (at time of writing) £18.99GBP is the factor..

If others say the controls are dodgy, and things like despite everything else they enjoyed it, then the price is too high.

As someone who has purchased 1,295 games digitally, let alone all the physical games, I'm not shy in supporting large or small developers or studios. 

When this price drops, I may well play the game. But if it's going to be an 'untitled goose' and stay full price forever, then I guess I'll just have to live without it. Lol