The impossible feat

det_gittes

Watching these ninja video’s always blows my mind how good these guys are. How many hours they’ve invested into these games must be in the thousands. Will definitely check the video out.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Speaking of impossible feats, iv noticed @MattyH16 came back to trials fusion after years of only popping a couple of trophies and ended up smashing the 100% in a couple of days. I've seen some impressive comebacks to games, but this one takes the cake.

Great effort mate! Well done!

Next time you should stream such an effort so you can showcase your skills to the world ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 5:35 AM, Demon--Prototype said:

Speaking of impossible feats, iv noticed @MattyH16 came back to trials fusion after years of only popping a couple of trophies and ended up smashing the 100% in a couple of days. I've seen some impressive comebacks to games, but this one takes the cake.

Great effort mate! Well done!

Next time you should stream such an effort so you can showcase your skills to the world 1f60a.png

His profile is hidden and I assume it wasn't so before, so.. you might be onto something :D 

In fairness, though, there may be more people like me in this game - I've completely ignored trophies for the past several months but haven't stopped playing custom tracks (it's insanely rewarding to see progress in this game) and yesterday when I tried Top Roach (arguably one of the hardest in-game challenges), I got 6 faults on my first attempt (the goal is to have zero, but when I first passed the track last year, I had 200+ on a better bike, so definitely improvement) which makes me think I may go back to getting the remaining trophies at some point. I don't know what this guy's situation was but I suppose it's possible that when people get really good, they may realize they can quite easily clean up the trophies. 

• 1 year later...

On a note of impossible feats, let me mention another insane achievement by the very same RJ Burger, who recently posted a video of him passing the track Final Sorrow [+CPs]. [+CPs] generally means that it's a full track that has additional checkpoints, i.e. it's easier. This time, however, even the [+CPs] is a level 8 and RJ describes it as the hardest track he's ever passed. This achievement is notable also for the fact that many people would assume RJ at least semi-retired (a few years back he used to stream fairly often, now he hasn't been seen live in quite a long time, though you can still meet him in chats every so often). The part which always amazes me when I watch such videos is "Are we even playing the same game?" :D Here's the link (apparently the video posts here as well): 

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

So, in my last post from January I posted a video of RJ Burger passing the +CPs (more checkpoints) version of the hardest track yet in Trials Fusion. RJ Burger is probably busy with college as he hasn't streamed or uploaded much this year, but Sly_GT4 has returned to the game (both are gods of trials :D) and last night passed the regular version (8 checkpoints) of this track. Words can't do justice to the difficulty of the track and the skills required to pass it, so I'll just post the video for those who are interested ;) (if you have the slightest interest in the game, try to catch GT4 live on stream, it's really something special).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/7/2022 at 3:06 PM, det_gittes said:

Nothing to see here, just a ninja level 7 zero fault run on a beautiful track called Within (by Sly_GT4) :D

????

The level of finesse some of these guys have is incredible! I'm about 2 weeks in myself and this really just blows my mind ?

Then there's me, still not able to make it all the way through an extreme track ? Not gonna get discouraged tho, practice makes perfect after all ? I imagine guys like this have 1000s of hours under their belts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Then there's me, still not able to make it all the way through an extreme track 1f605.png Not gonna get discouraged tho, practice makes perfect after all 1f603.png

We've all been there, don't worry! A video of yours even came up for me on YT and I could see that you're doing great :D 

2 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

I imagine guys like this have 1000s of hours under their belts.

You're not wrong at all, a lot of top riders have been playing the game since 2014 and some had had previous experience with Trials Evolution on Xbox 360. There are a handful of Trials prodigies who have become top level riders within a year or so but these are few and far between. Still, what these guys can do right now with the bike is mind-boggling, like I often question myself if we're really playing the same game ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

We've all been there, don't worry! A video of yours even came up for me on YT and I could see that you're doing great :D 

Ha noice, it must have been my Full Throttle III run ? Took me a solid 4 or 5 hours of practice to finally pull that one off ?

10 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Still, what these guys can do right now with the bike is mind-boggling, like I often question myself if we're really playing the same game 1f602.png

Seriously tho dude! This says it all man, the way they can balance on one tire and climb straight up a wall is just crazy to me ? No way we're playing the same game ?

But thx, I appreciate the encouraging words and I'm gonna stick with it ? I told myself from the get-go that this isn't a game I'm gonna be able to blaze through, so stay patient and just switch to something else for a spell once I start losing my cool ?

Edit: @det_gittes I almost forgot to say, I saw you have the full ? for it, kudos to you for that my friend ? Well played ?

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Edit: @det_gittes I almost forgot to say, I saw you have the full 1f4af.png for it, kudos to you for that my friend 1f603.png Well played 1f4aa.png

Haha, thanks a lot! And yeah, what can I say, I really dig this game! I need to find the damn squirrels and I will have the second set of completions (Fusion and Rising) on my new account ? Judging by your profile, you will soon join the club, too :D 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2022 at 7:31 PM, det_gittes said:

Haha, thanks a lot! And yeah, what can I say, I really dig this game! I need to find the damn squirrels and I will have the second set of completions (Fusion and Rising) on my new account 1f607.png Judging by your profile, you will soon join the club, too :D 

Man to 100% twice is epic I still can't do pipephobia and there's no super detailed guides for it either and yes I've watched fatshady. 

I'm just bad wheelies and need to practice.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 10:00 AM, Ultraxian said:

Man to 100% twice is epic I still can't do pipephobia and there's no super detailed guides for it either and yes I've watched fatshady. 

I'm just bad wheelies and need to practice.

I watched the fatshady video too... It's not a tutorial, so much as him trying for 45 minutes straight until he finally gets it ? His extreme track vids were pretty helpful, but the pipe phobia one not so much lol. 

Someone just mentioned to me that there is a track in Track Central that is Pipe Phobia but it's like a practice course for it. They take out the checkpoint in the middle of the pipe, and I think if I'm not mistaken you have to be on your back wheel on all the pipes or else you crash?? I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon for practice... I hope this helps ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

Someone just mentioned to me that there is a track in Track Central that is Pipe Phobia but it's like a practice course for it. They take out the checkpoint in the middle of the pipe, and I think if I'm not mistaken you have to be on your back wheel on all the pipes or else you crash?? I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon for practice... I hope this helps 1f601.png

I haven't seen this particular track but to me it seems that a useful practice track for this trophy would be one where you would start before the long pipe in the middle. Getting to the pipe is not too difficult, but restarting over and over again gets frustrating. Other than that, I don't think any useful advice can be given but "keep going at it" ?  (and Roach is for most easier to control than Pit Viper). I did spend a fair amount of time on this trophy when I was first going for it but now backwheel tracks are my favorite by far :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I haven't seen this particular track but to me it seems that a useful practice track for this trophy would be one where you would start before the long pipe in the middle. Getting to the pipe is not too difficult, but restarting over and over again gets frustrating. Other than that, I don't think any useful advice can be given but "keep going at it" 1f602.png  (and Roach is for most easier to control than Pit Viper). I did spend a fair amount of time on this trophy when I was first going for it but now backwheel tracks are my favorite by far :D 

I have been debating with myself whether I should opt for the Roach or Pit Viper... I only gave it a try once so far with the PV and it did not go well, not surprisingly at all ? I'll definitely give it a shot with the Roach next time around, thank you!! I do believe with the practice track, you are able to move around the checkpoints at will which is also helpful. I imagine you have to have mastery over wheelies when it comes to those backwheel tracks... I've been watching some ninja level videos lately and that shit is just waaaaaaaay beyond my comprehension, those dudes are absolute beasts at this game ?

I'm still working on Speedcuber too, I've had much better success with the Roach on that one since it's more solid and not so all over the place like the PV, my best so far is 30 so we're getting there slowly but surely! Someone else pointed out that there is another practice track for that in which you can start at different checkpoints to practice the later levels, which is super helpful. That and I've got ~20 more challenges left on the base game. I know the last leg of the journey will be moving a lot slower tho, patience and perseverance are key at this point ? 

• Like 2