So why does "failing a QTE" result in restart the whole f*****g episode?

Zanyverse

Me either, sounds a bit odd that you needed to restart the entire episode. Haven't had to do this on any Telltale game. Do you have enough memory to save your game? That or your failure is impacting enough to cause the story to come to a complete end and you need to begin from the beginning because prior choices leading up to it are irreversible.

Could be anything really. It can also happen if you spend most of the game not answering anything or making choices. Need more information really.

18 minutes ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

I never had this issue. What platform are you playing on?

Playing on PS3, game's dropping frames, stopping on a shot sometimes (almost giving me a heart attack :C) Even when it says "saving" in the bottom corner, ive quit the episode right after to test it, and it just says "start episode 2" and i have to replay the entire thing.

2 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Me either, sounds a bit odd that you needed to restart the entire episode. Haven't had to do this on any Telltale game. Do you have enough memory to save your game? That or your failure is impacting enough to cause the story to come to a complete end and you need to begin from the beginning because prior choices leading up to it are irreversible.

Could be anything really. It can also happen if you spend most of the game not answering anything or making choices. Need more information really.

Currently have 20 gb of free space, deleted 3 lego games that i downloaded last week :/. Good usage of data haha, hopefully the wolf among us wont be like this.

Just happened again, in episode 2 chapter 4, QTE in the bar fight, missed one button, game over, game freezes, "START EPISODE 2"

Like what?

I did not encounter that with Batman, but with The Walking Dead S1. 

It took a while until I was able to find the issue. For some reason, the autosave wasn't triggered whenever it was supposed to, thus throwing me back at the beginning of said episode. I needed to wipe my save and start again to solve it... It's just an annoying bug that may occur sometimes. 

15 minutes ago, Izul said:

I did not encounter that with Batman, but with The Walking Dead S1. 

It took a while until I was able to find the issue. For some reason, the autosave wasn't triggered whenever it was supposed to, thus throwing me back at the beginning of said episode. I needed to wipe my save and start again to solve it... It's just an annoying bug that may occur sometimes. 

Just reinstalled the game so i'll keep you all posted on my (maybe/hopefully) progress.

20:03 - A 9th crash in Episode 2 - Chapter 4. Not even in a QTE.

Edit: I didn't have to restart from scratch, so... that's something. :/

2nd Edit: It froze again, on the exact same frame. Like.... im so demoralized...

3rd Edit: Restarted the PS3 and managed to clear Episode 2 - Chapter 4, im now back to actually earning trophies. :D

Edited by LLegend_Fox
ye
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

I'm dealing with this shit in 2.3 now, dying to the stupid blue guy has caused me to restart the entire episode twice now. It wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't lag out for every QTE, so I have no chance to react in time. I'm gonna have to cheese this shit with a turbo controller, because it's giving me no other choice.

No idea if it's just an EU issue, but I hope the rest of the episodes aren't this broken.

Edit: The game bugged out in the 2.4 bar fight and caused me to die to a QTE that I passed. What the fuck is wrong with this game?

Edited by wltrsjcwvita

I personally never ran into that issue. Telltale games do run...poorly on PS3 but I never ran into an issue of having to restart an episode if a QTE was failed. I remember nearing the end of Game of Thrones on PS3 it was taking over 2 minutes to load between scenes. It took so long to finish the last couple of chapters.

It's part of the reason why I think this might be an EU only issue, but even then, I haven't had a Telltale game act up this bad before, even on the PS3. I'm used to these games crashing a lot, but this game takes it even further.

Like right now, I'm in the last chapter of Episode 2, where every 3 seconds I have a popup appearing saying "Save Data is corrupt. It will be recreated." and I'm absolutely praying that I can just get through this cursed episode and play the rest of the game.

• 1 year later...

Greetings, I've started playing this game today on my PS3, and guess what? When I fail a QTE and choose retry, the game seems to be searching for an stored checkpoint but the screen turns into black and I have to close the game, when I do this the entire console restarts itself and even with the session open in Telltale Games through the game I have to play from scratch.

My game disc is US version, that means the problem is not only present in the EU version.

Any solutions known for this?