Mile High Club Trophy Guide

4 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Thanks for the tips!! I prefer not to use the glitch, takes away the great feeling of achievement imo, but everyone is free to use the tools the developers (unintentionally) provided of course. If it takes way too long and it drives me insane then I will use the glitch as well :P

My pleasure. Thanks for watching.

Yeah, pity that Devs didn't patch it, but what can we do.

Of course, it's up to you. I appreciate the feedback ^^

Figers crossed for your Platinum run. Good luck!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

Good job, and i love all your Yakuza plats 1f44f.png

Thank you :)

I'm a hardcore Yakuza fan, as you probably noticed ^^ Japanese versions were tricky, since my Japanese is around 1~1+ ILR only. That being said, Yakuza Ishin was exceptionally good, despite language barriers.

Took a look at your trophy list and wow. You're very dedicated, I like that. Unravel, FF X and X-2, Naruto UNS 4, Wolfenstein, all Uncharted games, and ofc MK X - all very impressive Plats. Also 94,6% completion. Well done!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunashigure1 said:

My pleasure. Thanks for watching.

Yeah, pity that Devs didn't patch it, but what can we do.

Of course, it's up to you. I appreciate the feedback ^^

Figers crossed for your Platinum run. Good luck!

I just did it!!

Almost 2 hours of trial and error but I finally managed to get that one lucky run :D 

Thanks so much for all the tips everyone they really showed me on which things I had to improve or change my strategy in order to make it. The first room literally drove me crazy with its random enemy placements and enemies not getting flashbanged or blocking the way to the second room or the shotgun guy just instakilling me...

An extra tip for whoever might find it useful:

Whenever you die it's better to select "restart mission" to start over much faster and it also seems to make the enemy placements and patterns less randomized. Before doing this I would only get 1/6 times to the second room but .afterwards I managed to get it about 3/5 due to more similar enemy patterns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunashigure1 said:

Took a look at your trophy list and wow. You're very dedicated, I like that. Unravel, FF X and X-2, Naruto UNS 4, Wolfenstein, all Uncharted games, and ofc MK X - all very impressive Plats. Also 94,6% completion. Well done!

I love variety, so i play almost anything, from ezpz games to some hardcore, from grindy stuff to racing and fighting games (i don't like battle royales tho).

I need some Yakuza in my life so maybe this year i'll try one or two games ?. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

I just did it!!

Almost 2 hours of trial and error but I finally managed to get that one lucky run :D 

Thanks so much for all the tips everyone they really showed me on which things I had to improve or change my strategy in order to make it. The first room literally drove me crazy with its random enemy placements and enemies not getting flashbanged or blocking the way to the second room or the shotgun guy just instakilling me...

An extra tip for whoever might find it useful:

Whenever you die it's better to select "restart mission" to start over much faster and it also seems to make the enemy placements and patterns less randomized. Before doing this I would only get 1/6 times to the second room but .afterwards I managed to get it about 3/5 due to more similar enemy patterns.

Excellent! That's one big trophy, congrats :) Also, bonus kudos to you for doing it legitimately.

Anytime. I'm happy people contributed so we all can find preferable strategies and tackle this trophy. 

Yes, unfortunately. Sometimes flashbangs just don't work.

Oh wow. That's a great tip! Enemy placement will be less randomized, that's pretty vital info. Thanks for your advice.

41 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

I love variety, so i play almost anything, from ezpz games to some hardcore, from grindy stuff to racing and fighting games (i don't like battle royales tho).

I need some Yakuza in my life so maybe this year i'll try one or two games 1f601.png

Yes, I can see that :) I'm not into battle royales either. By all means, go for it. Those series are really well done, tho I'm subjective on the matter ^^

• Like 1

I achieved this a few years ago when the game was just out, but I posted my run and my strategy on playstationtrophies.org, so I'll post everything here as well if people need my take on the level.

This is my strategy I perfected until I got it done successfully:

1. Ignore the guard on the left, coming out of the toilet stall, sprint ahead and kill the left guard. You can shoot him through the wood, if you desire.
  2. Sprint ahead again, and when you are about halfway of the conference table on your left, throw your first flashbang in front of you. With any luck, you will stun all enemies in the room and you will be able to shoot your way through, as I did. If it helps: aim for the big red star in the back of this room when you throw your flashbang.
  3. When you get to the second part where the plane gets breached, hide behind the corner on your right, and eliminate the two terrorists sitting behind the desk on your left.
  4. This is where the plane gets breached. Throw your second flashbang down into the room and advance. Don't forget about the potential enemy hiding around the corner on your right, and stay crouched behind the chairs. Shoot through them if you have to, and beware of the enemies coming down the stairs.
  5. Pick up another gun here off of their bodies. Not mandatory, of course. But I did go with the P90 to help me on the second floor of the plane. You should be around the 30 second marker about now.
  6. Throw your third flashbang into the room at the top of the stairs. I went with the right side, but I guess both sides work equally well. Stay crouched to use the seats as cover. It does cost you a bit of time, but I let my squadmates catch up to help out a bit.
  7. Beware when you enter the final part of the plane: there could be enemies around the bend, so shoot them as quickly as possible.
  8. You'll see that I am waiting for a few seconds here to let the final enemies pour into this room. Mainly to get them out of the hallway and to get them stunned. You don't want that narrow hallway to be filled with enemies if you wish to sprint past them, like I did in the next step.
  9. Once the majority of the final enemies are in the last room, throw your fourth and final flashbang. Once they are stunned: SPRINT past them. Seconds are extra vital here, and you can not waste any more time taking out all of them.
  10. You will encounter a few enemies while sprinting, where the hallway curves left and right. Be ready to take them out quickly as you are moving. Now sprint to the door and take out the terrorist holding the hostage. If it helps, wait until the last second like I did. That's when his head is completely exposed.

I have a few more tips as well:

• My method is not flawless. This is just one of many methods. You will have to keep practicing and practicing to get into the flow of the entire strategy. However, this seemed to be a reliable strategy for me. It took me about two hours of doing it over and over again until I finally nailed it. So, it does work well.
  • Try to reach the stairs around the 30 second marker. You need about half a minute to get through the first floor, and another half minute to get through the second floor.
  • If you ever run out of ammo, switch to your secondary weapon. It's much faster and it can save your life in your run.
  • Keep moving. Whenever you don't have to get in cover, keep moving as much as you can. Your teammates will catch up when you hit certain checkpoints hidden in the level design, such as when the hull of the plane gets breached. Which allows them to help you clean up any enemies.
  • There is still a lot of luck involved in beating this level on Veteran difficulty. So, expect to die and retry. A lot.

This sits somewhere at the top of most frustrating hard levels in any modern game I've ever played. I'm sure there are worse levels in other games, but this one will still give you a serious run for your money. I'm confident pretty much everyone with some skill can get this done, if you put in the effort to keep trying and perfecting your run.

Hope this all helps, good luck!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Aponac1987 said:

I achieved this a few years ago when the game was just out, but I posted my run and my strategy on playstationtrophies.org, so I'll post everything here as well if people need my take on the level.

This is my strategy I perfected until I got it done successfully:

1. Ignore the guard on the left, coming out of the toilet stall, sprint ahead and kill the left guard. You can shoot him through the wood, if you desire.
  2. Sprint ahead again, and when you are about halfway of the conference table on your left, throw your first flashbang in front of you. With any luck, you will stun all enemies in the room and you will be able to shoot your way through, as I did. If it helps: aim for the big red star in the back of this room when you throw your flashbang.
  3. When you get to the second part where the plane gets breached, hide behind the corner on your right, and eliminate the two terrorists sitting behind the desk on your left.
  4. This is where the plane gets breached. Throw your second flashbang down into the room and advance. Don't forget about the potential enemy hiding around the corner on your right, and stay crouched behind the chairs. Shoot through them if you have to, and beware of the enemies coming down the stairs.
  5. Pick up another gun here off of their bodies. Not mandatory, of course. But I did go with the P90 to help me on the second floor of the plane. You should be around the 30 second marker about now.
  6. Throw your third flashbang into the room at the top of the stairs. I went with the right side, but I guess both sides work equally well. Stay crouched to use the seats as cover. It does cost you a bit of time, but I let my squadmates catch up to help out a bit.
  7. Beware when you enter the final part of the plane: there could be enemies around the bend, so shoot them as quickly as possible.
  8. You'll see that I am waiting for a few seconds here to let the final enemies pour into this room. Mainly to get them out of the hallway and to get them stunned. You don't want that narrow hallway to be filled with enemies if you wish to sprint past them, like I did in the next step.
  9. Once the majority of the final enemies are in the last room, throw your fourth and final flashbang. Once they are stunned: SPRINT past them. Seconds are extra vital here, and you can not waste any more time taking out all of them.
  10. You will encounter a few enemies while sprinting, where the hallway curves left and right. Be ready to take them out quickly as you are moving. Now sprint to the door and take out the terrorist holding the hostage. If it helps, wait until the last second like I did. That's when his head is completely exposed.

I have a few more tips as well:

• My method is not flawless. This is just one of many methods. You will have to keep practicing and practicing to get into the flow of the entire strategy. However, this seemed to be a reliable strategy for me. It took me about two hours of doing it over and over again until I finally nailed it. So, it does work well.
  • Try to reach the stairs around the 30 second marker. You need about half a minute to get through the first floor, and another half minute to get through the second floor.
  • If you ever run out of ammo, switch to your secondary weapon. It's much faster and it can save your life in your run.
  • Keep moving. Whenever you don't have to get in cover, keep moving as much as you can. Your teammates will catch up when you hit certain checkpoints hidden in the level design, such as when the hull of the plane gets breached. Which allows them to help you clean up any enemies.
  • There is still a lot of luck involved in beating this level on Veteran difficulty. So, expect to die and retry. A lot.

This sits somewhere at the top of most frustrating hard levels in any modern game I've ever played. I'm sure there are worse levels in other games, but this one will still give you a serious run for your money. I'm confident pretty much everyone with some skill can get this done, if you put in the effort to keep trying and perfecting your run.

Hope this all helps, good luck!

It absolutely will. Thank you for your contribution. Subbed to your channel.

5. "Pick up another gun here off of their bodies. Not mandatory, of course. But I did go with the P90 to help me on the second floor of the plane. You should be around the 30 second marker about now" - Interesting. P90 is a good weapon, no doubt.

7. "Beware when you enter the final part of the plane: there could be enemies around the bend, so shoot them as quickly as possible" - Indeed, That's important. They can kill you instantly, when given a chance. Check those corners.

10. "You will encounter a few enemies while sprinting, where the hallway curves left and right. Be ready to take them out quickly as you are moving. Now sprint to the door and take out the terrorist holding the hostage. If it helps, wait until the last second like I did. That's when his head is completely exposed" - another thing worth mentioning. I should have run more, now that I'm thinking about it. Agreed. This will make the hostage situation considerably easier.

"Your teammates will catch up when you hit certain checkpoints hidden in the level design, such as when the hull of the plane gets breached" very much so. Good observation.

"I'm confident pretty much everyone with some skill can get this done, if you put in the effort to keep trying and perfecting your run" - couldn't agree more. Well written. Never give up and you shall be rewarded.

4 hours ago, sunashigure1 said:

It absolutely will. Thank you for your contribution. Subbed to your channel.

5. "Pick up another gun here off of their bodies. Not mandatory, of course. But I did go with the P90 to help me on the second floor of the plane. You should be around the 30 second marker about now" - Interesting. P90 is a good weapon, no doubt.

7. "Beware when you enter the final part of the plane: there could be enemies around the bend, so shoot them as quickly as possible" - Indeed, That's important. They can kill you instantly, when given a chance. Check those corners.

10. "You will encounter a few enemies while sprinting, where the hallway curves left and right. Be ready to take them out quickly as you are moving. Now sprint to the door and take out the terrorist holding the hostage. If it helps, wait until the last second like I did. That's when his head is completely exposed" - another thing worth mentioning. I should have run more, now that I'm thinking about it. Agreed. This will make the hostage situation considerably easier.

"Your teammates will catch up when you hit certain checkpoints hidden in the level design, such as when the hull of the plane gets breached" very much so. Good observation.

"I'm confident pretty much everyone with some skill can get this done, if you put in the effort to keep trying and perfecting your run" - couldn't agree more. Well written. Never give up and you shall be rewarded.

Thanks for subbing! That second-to-last point you raised, is what I was talking about in the other thread: you learn to see through a game's design and use it to your advantage. ;)

• Like 1

It's always beautiful to publish an honest way to beat a campaign level with tactic. But sometimes, you have to use some stuff to beat that level. I did that "some stuff" to beat this level, lol
I have played One Shot, One Kill on VETERAN difficulty and after that I saw that it's going to be struggling for me to beat any other level with VETERAN difficulty, so I've done some research and found a tactic. If you don't want to get tired of respawning and respawning again, please message me ?

I appreciate your content.

Edited by LeaDeR20999

2 minutes ago, LeaDeR20999 said:

It's always beautiful to publish an honest way to beat a campaign level with tactic. But sometimes, you have to use some stuff to beat that level. I did that "some stuff" to beat this level, lol
I have played One Shot, One Kill on VETERAN difficulty and after that I saw that it's going to be struggling for me to beat any other level with VETERAN difficulty, so I've done some research and found a tactic. If you don't want to get tired of respawning and respawning again, please message me 1f600.png

Thanks, I hope people will find all videos in in this thread helpful. Thank you to all contributors, once again ^^

Well, it's your call. You could share your tactic with us, if you'd like.

On 15.03.2019 at 7:59 PM, Aponac1987 said:

Thanks for subbing! That second-to-last point you raised, is what I was talking about in the other thread: you learn to see through a game's design and use it to your advantage. ;)

Aye, experience is the best teacher :)

• 2 months later...

If someone has any questions or new methods/tips, feel free to post ;-)

As always, I encourage everyone to try this trophy without glitches. The satisfaction you will feel afterwards is worth the trouble. Of course, people can play games however they like.

Got a lot of positive feedback on my first trophy guide and it's very inspiring, to say the least. Thanks, guys!

• 4 years later...
On 3/15/2019 at 6:59 AM, JoaLoft said:

sorry for replaying to an old video.

I think you got very lucky here, specially at 0:45. and later 2 guys went politely to the side and stood there lol 

I can make it to the last room, but the enemies come running blasting, non stop, auto aimed and all. flashbangs aren't this affective, also the last 2 guys are more aggressive than this. not sure if I'm doing something that makes the AI behave differently 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 0:51 AM, TalalHmd said:

sorry for replaying to an old video.

I think you got very lucky here, specially at 0:45. and later 2 guys went politely to the side and stood there lol 

I can make it to the last room, but the enemies come running blasting, non stop, auto aimed and all. flashbangs aren't this affective, also the last 2 guys are more aggressive than this. not sure if I'm doing something that makes the AI behave differently 

The whole point at the end is to use remaining flashbangs to sprint past most enemies, shoot the remaining two coming around the corner and trigger the final part of the mission before the timer ends.

That's the strategy that did it for me multiple times. Granted, it's still a hell of a crapshoot, so it takes several tries to get the right run on Veteran difficulty. But after an hour or two, I got it done. So it shouldn't be insurmountable either.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

The whole point at the end is to use remaining flashbangs to sprint past most enemies, shoot the remaining two coming around the corner and trigger the final part of the mission before the timer ends.

That's the strategy that did it for me multiple times. Granted, it's still a hell of a crapshoot, so it takes several tries to get the right run on Veteran difficulty. But after an hour or two, I got it done. So it shouldn't be insurmountable either.

I got it eventually, but it's embarrassing how long it took lol