Plat obtainable via free version?

yowzagabowza

It would be 100% obtainable as there are no trophies for specific characters or story mode and everything else is unlocked in the core fighters version. The PC and Xbox core fighters have full achievement support but PS4 has no trophies at all. I'm disappointed because I was hoping to get the platinum for it as I bought the retail copy for Xbox.

But... Another question: any chance that the progress could be transferred between this one and full version?

Example: I will play 90 online matches with this version then switch to full after buying it: any chance that I will have to only play 10?

AFAIK it was not working in DOA5, but now we have "PS4" times ;).

Somebody can check/confirm?

3 hours ago, Smashero said:

But... Another question: any chance that the progress could be transferred between this one and full version?

Example: I will play 90 online matches with this version then switch to full after buying it: any chance that I will have to only play 10?

One interesting thing is on Xbox/PC the game is treated the same as the retail copy. On PS4 the core/f2p version is a completely separate game to the retail copy on the dashboard. That makes me think that save files aren't cross compatible. For example you can't play 90 matches in the f2p version and continue your progress in a retail copy. You would have to start on a totally fresh save file. That also makes me wonder if buying the individual pieces as DLC lets you earn trophies in the f2p version. Can anyone confirm if buying a character lets you earn trophies?

Edited by Mayadome

8 minutes ago, Mayadome said:

That also makes me wonder if buying the individual pieces as DLC lets you earn trophies in the f2p version. Can anyone confirm if buying a character lets you earn trophies?

Didn't work in DOA5 ;).

• 3 months later...
On 19-03-2019 at 3:20 AM, Smashero said:

Can confirm quest progress transfers. I recently got the disk version after playing Core Fighters since release, and just replaying the first quest popped all the stars trophies.
Sadly can't say about online since I didn't play it at all.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 19.03.2019 at 7:20 AM, Smashero said:

Yes I can confirm that, I played online ranked matches in free version and all progress was transferred to the full version, you only have to play one ranked match and all trophies will pop, the only trophy which didn't pop was for 5 consecutive Ranked Matches, but I know I had it done in free version, my record was almost 15.

• Like 1