Anyone else having problems with skills?

I put in a couple of hours this morning and every time I activated my drone or turret, they despawned immediately!

Seemed to be working okay yesterday, although I do find them inconsistent.

It's quite difficult to play the game without skills ?

1 minute ago, ghost_spike said:

It's a pretty common bug, it's on the "known issues" list, but hasn't been addressed yet. Some deployed skills just randomly despawn. 

You're right. I've done some digging around....One apparent solution is to take off any items with 'Cool Down Reduction', then relogging.

I am going to give it a try a bit later today.

5 minutes ago, Gage said:

It's their current top priority to fix, so hopefully today we might get a patch to fix it. 

Removing the cooldown reduction stuff doesn't always work, so up to you how much you feel like messing with it. 

Good to hear they are on it!

In fairness to Ubisoft, it's the only problem I have had with the game so far, which is a miracle these days for an online shooter.

I'll try the CDR trick and I can always revert back if necessary.

11 minutes ago, ZenRhino said:

Okay...I took off the kneepads and gloves I had giving me 15% CDR, relogged the game and the skills still don't work.

Bummed out a bit, as the game is tough as a solo player even with skills 1f625.png

If I may give you some tips, plan ahead, USE COVER, take your time and don't hesitate to fall back. Division 2 is much more tactical than Div 1, which I personally love about the game. Plan your cover, potential escape route and possible flanking from the enemy. With that in mind, you should be good even with bugged skills (I'm leveling solo too). 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ghost_spike said:

If I may give you some tips, plan ahead, USE COVER, take your time and don't hesitate to fall back. Division 2 is much more tactical than Div 1, which I personally love about the game. Plan your cover, potential escape route and possible flanking from the enemy. With that in mind, you should be good even with bugged skills (I'm leveling solo too). 

Thanks ?

I was doing okay when I had the skills, but I've been killed four times today! I guess it's hard to adjust because for 20 hours my play style was built around having them!

Edited by ZenRhino

No i went from having my turrets active for a very long amount of time to them only being active for like 1 second.  Also sometimes the turret shows available but i try to throw it and it is stuck in my hand and I have to switch weapons to get out of it instead of being able to toss it out.  I'm finding this game incredibly tedious to get through. Lots of bugs and poor matchmaking.  I want to free roam in open world and I get matched with someone playing missions.  another problem is application errors which always seem to happen on hard play throughs of missions which according to guides need to be restarted entirely if you disconnect during the mission because it's bugged.  Another problem is matchmaking for hard missions takes forever.  I keep getting rolled like a little b**ch in the Dark zone.  I can't seem to handle 4 purple enemies and 3 yellow with 15 red rushing me and tossing drones and exploding cars and tossing fire grenades at me all while shooting and running at me smacking me with batons.    It's too damn much.. I get blown up shot, smacked, droned, lit on fire, shocked, sniped with a turret all at the same time.  I mean i pretty damn experienced at the Division but shit even with a high dps and great gear i can only handle so many enemies flanking and rushing me at once.   

14 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

No i went from having my turrets active for a very long amount of time to them only being active for like 1 second.  Also sometimes the turret shows available but i try to throw it and it is stuck in my hand and I have to switch weapons to get out of it instead of being able to toss it out.  I'm finding this game incredibly tedious to get through. Lots of bugs and poor matchmaking.  I want to free roam in open world and I get matched with someone playing missions.  another problem is application errors which always seem to happen on hard play throughs of missions which according to guides need to be restarted entirely if you disconnect during the mission because it's bugged.  Another problem is matchmaking for hard missions takes forever.  I keep getting rolled like a little b**ch in the Dark zone.  I can't seem to handle 4 purple enemies and 3 yellow with 15 red rushing me and tossing drones and exploding cars and tossing fire grenades at me all while shooting and running at me smacking me with batons.    It's too damn much.. I get blown up shot, smacked, droned, lit on fire, shocked, sniped with a turret all at the same time.  I mean i pretty damn experienced at the Division but shit even with a high dps and great gear i can only handle so many enemies flanking and rushing me at once.   

I have heard that DZ is rough as a solo player!

I really liked the game until I got this bug...now it's just about playable, but not enjoyable.

The difficulty is balanced around having two skills, and they are gone. That's not great! Hopefully it will get a fix soon.

• Like 1

In the squad I have been playing with, two of us have been using the turret. he seems to never be able to use it. almost always vanishes once he puts it out. Maybe 1 our of ever 5  attempts by me, it stays out for a long amount of time. Same with the Hive I use, I will drop it and it will stay for a bit, and then vanish, or stay the whole time. That is probably more like 1 out of 3 it fails to work. The lose of abilities does suck, but not being solo most the time, I have not noticed that much as I do not rely on them nearly as much

15 minutes ago, ZenRhino said:

After the maintenance tonight my skills are back!

Hopefully all your skills are working now1f64f.png

Great news. I like the game so far but my skills usage being a roll of the dice was starting to drain the fun.