Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! trophy thoughts

On 23/03/2019 at 8:06 AM, Sedragun said:

@Geridian I'm still learning as well but I think I can help with a few of your questions,

- The Dancer job is found by completing Claire's dungeon which you can access through the Mirror in the Church (Not sure when you get access though, I found it after finishing the storyline.)
- I'm still trying to figure out the All-Brand as well but my guess at the moment is to put every damage element (Fire/Water/Earth/Wind/Thunder/Ice/Light/Dark) onto an 8-slot Talon.
- I got the Birdinator trophy by maxing out the Freelancer job and collecting a Sleepga Book, then going to one of those massive Monster Den floors cause they always have 10 monsters in them and then putting the monsters asleep with Sleepga as they approached until all 10 were within a 3 block range of me, then I cast Chocobash and killed them all.
- I've been grinding most of my job points in the Infinite Dungeon unlocked by completing the 50 floor Dungeon at the Scarecrow on the farm.

Hopefully this helps, if anyone else knows better/easier ways than please feel free to share, this is just what I did/figured out thus far.

Thanks for the infos

where find the earth talon ? 

Edited by Nyky

OMG just noticed we can get great gear at the first floors of that infinit floor dungeons and its not that hard the first 10 floors. Got genj, irma and volg gear.

Luck if find a mini cactuar like mini boss it give 2500 exp and 2000 jb

Edited by Nyky

12 hours ago, Nyky said:

where find the earth talon ? 

Sorry I'm a little late getting back to you but if you go into the Chocobo Dungeon then as you go further down you will either find the Earth Talons on the ground or you can buy them from the Merchant Hero X shop anytime after floor 66 I believe.

12 hours ago, Nyky said:

OMG just noticed we can get great gear at the first floors of that infinit floor dungeons and its not that hard the first 10 floors. Got genj, irma and volg gear.

Luck if find a mini cactuar like mini boss it give 2500 exp and 2000 jb

The Infinite Dungeon is surprisingly easy, I got down as far as floor 267 just while trying to level up my jobs, the biggest thing is just having enough healing/food to survive.

Sadly I got distracted and didn't notice Bahamut charging Gigaflare or I probably would have made it down a lot further.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sedragun said:

Sorry I'm a little late getting back to you but if you go into the Chocobo Dungeon then as you go further down you will either find the Earth Talons on the ground or you can buy them from the Merchant Hero X shop anytime after floor 66 I believe.

The Infinite Dungeon is surprisingly easy, I got down as far as floor 267 just while trying to level up my jobs, the biggest thing is just having enough healing/food to survive.

Sadly I got distracted and didn't notice Bahamut charging Gigaflare or I probably would have made it down a lot further.

yess that is bahamuth is a pain. when i will go for 500 floors i will enter on thoses traps but when a boss come i will just run to the exit. 

There are boss or save point inside the inf tower ? 

5 hours ago, Nyky said:

There are boss or save point inside the inf tower ? 

There's a boss every 50 floors and a Job Change crystal every 100 floors but there's no way of saving your progress, if you die you start all the way back at floor 1.

So you can't set bookmarks in it either? Well... that sucks.

--------------

Regarding the trophies...

• Collar Collector
  • Talon-ted Explorer
  • Saddle Up!

...I can only share my experience with Collar Collector with you:

Spoiler

1) The guide Jobs and Items (Version 1.10) from Eleinia I already mentioned is true for Collars with a few exceptions:

a. Wii: Keen-Eye Collar >> PS4: No-Blind Collar
b. Wii: Calm Collar >> PS4: No-Confuse Collar
c. Wii: Talkie Collar >> PS4: No-Silence Collar
d. Wii: Far Vision Collar >> PS4: Clairvoyance Collar
e. NEW Item in the PS4 Version: No-Stun Collar (Got in 80.th floor of Chocobo´s Memory Dungeon)

2) Collars have to be appraised but don't have to be worn (I know that exactly because I just got the No-Stun Collar in cursed form and the trophy appeared as soon as the item landed in the inventory. I didn't have to put it on the Chocobo).

==> My guess is it's the same with saddles and claws: Every claw and every saddle from every material must have been in the inventory once in appraised form.

Edited by Geridian
Typo

10 hours ago, Geridian said:

So you can't set bookmarks in it either? Well... that sucks.

Reveal hidden contents

1) The guide Jobs and Items (Version 1.10) from Eleinia I already mentioned is true for Collars with a few exceptions:

a. Wii: Keen-Eye Collar >> PS4: No-Blind Collar
b. Wii: Calm Collar >> PS4: No-Confuse Collar
c. Wii: Talkie Collar >> PS4: No-Silence Collar
d. Wii: Far Vision Collar >> PS4: Clairvoyance Collar
e. NEW Item in the PS4 Version: No-Stun Collar (Got in 80.th floor of Chocobo´s Memory Dungeon)

2) Collars have to be appraised but don't have to be worn (I know that exactly because I just got the No-Stun Collar in cursed form and the trophy appeared as soon as the item landed in the inventory. I didn't have to put it on the Chocobo).

==> My guess is it's the same with saddles and claws: Every claw and every saddle from every material must have been in the inventory once in appraised form.

You can set bookmarks actually, I should have been clearer, no bookmarks would be brutal since you're looking at hours of work to get down 500 floors.

3 hours ago, Geridian said:

Does somebody know how to get Buddy Points for Dungeon Hero X?

You can fight Dungeon Hero X by stealing from Merchant Hero X, he is beatable, just be careful to dodge that laser beam.

I assume this applies to the Reaper as well but I haven't tried fighting him yet.

4 hours ago, Sedragun said:

You can fight Dungeon Hero X by stealing from Merchant Hero X, he is beatable, just be careful to dodge that laser beam.

Hmmm. I tries to farm HeroX BP on the Mine but it stopped giving me BP after beating him twice.

Also, any tips/job to use on X in later dungeons? I was only dealing around 20 on him in Water temple even I am around 50.

2 hours ago, JaM said:

Hmmm. I tries to farm HeroX BP on the Mine but it stopped giving me BP after beating him twice.

Also, any tips/job to use on X in later dungeons? I was only dealing around 20 on him in Water temple even I am around 50.

machinist is cool because long range, dont worrie about farm it early on game. 

The BP drop is also randon like the JB :(  

8 hours ago, Nyky said:

@Sedragun what is the job after dark knight and the last one ? about thoses mob is the reaper i guess

The job after Dark Knight is Ninja, it's found in one of the memory dungeons but I don't remember which, I think it was either Volg or the boy in the park. (I'm in the Infinite Dungeon atm so I can't check his name, sorry.)

I don't know what the last job is, I'm guessing it either comes from one of the challenge dungeons you unlock after completing Chocobo's dungeon or you get it for maxing all the other jobs.

I haven't fought the Reaper yet but that's my assumption as well.

6 hours ago, JaM said:

I'm max level with +94 gear and I still only hit for 17-20 on Dungeon Hero X, that's just the way he is, the best you can do is cast slow on him and haste on yourself so you get more turns and hope he hits himself with his beam a lot.

As for the BP drop, it might be limited based on progress but i'm not sure, I didn't try to fight him until I was around level 80 and finished the main story.

Edited by Sedragun
Additional information
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sedragun said:

The job after Dark Knight is Ninja, it's found in one of the memory dungeons but I don't remember which, I think it was either Volg or the boy in the park. (I'm in the Infinite Dungeon atm so I can't check his name, sorry.)

@NykyYeah, this is the Ninja (Between Dark Knight and Thief):

List of Jobs (But last one currently also unknown to me, so it is ? >>> ?):

Spoiler

Freelancer  >>>  Start of Game (Unmissable)
Knight  >>>  Mayor Gale´s Memories (Unmissable)
Dragoon  >>>  Meja´s Memories (Unmissable)
Dark Knight  >>>  Guardian of Light (Unmissable)
Ninja  >>>  Volg´s Memories (Accessible after beating Amouri´s Memories... I think i had to beat Amouri´s Memories for the story)
Thief  >>>  Steal from Mog X (In Guardian of Fire  >>> Earliest possibility... Then run for your life ;P)
Scholar  >>>  Guardian of Water (Unmissable)
Black Mage  >>>  Guardian of Fire (Unmissable)
White Mage  >>>  Pastor Roche´s Memories (I think i had do this for the story so would say is unmissable)
Dancer  >>>  Claire´s Memories (Little Girl // Acessible after beating Roddy´s Memories [Little Boy] // Think this was avaiable from Chapter 4 onwards or Postgame at Mirror of Training)
Red Mage  >>>  Charlotte´s Memories (Chocobo Girl in Farm Silo on Stella´s Farm >> Was "Romantic Hero X"-Location in Wii Version)
Beastmaster  >>>  Atla´s Memories (Moogle in Farm Silo on Stella´s Farm >> Was "Romantic Hero X"-Location in Wii Version // Accessible after beating Charlotte`s Memories)
Machinist  >>>  The Genius Inventor´s Memories (Empty House (Same region as Mayor´s house and so on >> Memory Dungeon of "Other Cid" // Must beat Another White Mage´s Memories before ("Little/Other Shirma" version named Shiroma // After beating "The Genius Inventor´s Memories" the dungeon "The Keeper´s Memories" becomes avaiable)
>>>  ?

-------

@Sedragun

You can set bookmarks actually, I should have been clearer, no bookmarks would be brutal since you're looking at hours of work to get down 500 floors.

Have you tried to bookmark after each floor and then to make a backup on USB or PSN Cloud?
==> Could be working and would make things a lot easier.

------

[..]

I also noticed that he stooped dropping points after he got beaten two times. But okay, this is shit RNG xD

15 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

Dark Knight is amazing, it's the class I've used the most since it can do max damage if you use convert. What's your main class? 

Using scholar for dungeon exploration because the skills are awesome. 

Also i got the hero X as buddy now my question is how the hell i will kill the death reaper :S i hit 6 on him hahaha

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nyky said:

Using scholar for dungeon exploration because the skills are awesome. 

Also i got the hero X as buddy now my question is how the hell i will kill the death reaper :S i hit 6 on him hahaha

Did you farm Hero X is the same dungeon or did you have to go to different dungeons? I haven't tried it but what about Magicite on the Reaper? You can Farm them so maybe you need a bunch and just use them like Alexander since he's holy. Also not sure if the Reaper is easier if you get him in the Guardian of The Fire. 

• Like 2

Just now, LucianaRosethorn said:

Did you farm Hero X is the same dungeon or did you have to go to different dungeons? I haven't tried it but what about Magicite on the Reaper? You can Farm them so maybe you need a bunch and just use them like Alexander since he's holy. Also not sure if the Reaper is easier if you get him in the Guardian of The Fire. 

different dungeons and also each time you kill him looks like he come stronger at the first was doing 150 damage at last few damage. I see i will try use magicite and i let you know if damage or not. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sedragun said:

I'm max level with +94 gear and I still only hit for 17-20 on Dungeon Hero X, that's just the way he is, the best you can do is cast slow on him and haste on yourself so you get more turns and hope he hits himself with his beam a lot.

As for the BP drop, it might be limited based on progress but i'm not sure, I didn't try to fight him until I was around level 80 and finished the main story.

I have read somewhere that Ninja is located in Volg's memory. Which brought me to a question, when is Vold and Amouri's Memory become available? The WiiU guide in gamefaqs said it is in chapter 3 but it didn't trigger on me. Vold is just saying that he think he might have clue about Irma's whereabout and Amouri is just saying something about it was dark and suddenly becone daylight again.

I have also read somewhere that the last job is Alpha. Not sure thoug if true and how to unlock it.

And with regards to Mog I mean Merchant X. I finally defeated him in Water Cave using Dark Knight. Managed to deal 100+ damage with Atk+ -Def Buff skill then Shadow. Didn't get a BP though, I guess it is really indeed only doable post game.

19 minutes ago, JaM said:

I have read somewhere that Ninja is located in Volg's memory. Which brought me to a question, when is Vold and Amouri's Memory become available? The WiiU guide in gamefaqs said it is in chapter 3 but it didn't trigger on me. Vold is just saying that he think he might have clue about Irma's whereabout and Amouri is just saying something about it was dark and suddenly becone daylight again.

I have also read somewhere that the last job is Alpha. Not sure thoug if true and how to unlock it.

And with regards to Mog I mean Merchant X. I finally defeated him in Water Cave using Dark Knight. Managed to deal 100+ damage with Atk+ -Def Buff skill then Shadow. Didn't get a BP though, I guess it is really indeed only doable post game.

Volg's memory is available in Chapter 5 after some story events and I think with Hero X you just need to keep trying, BP are random. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JaM said:

Have edited the Job List in my other post. Only the last job is missing.

But yes.. Ninja Job is located at the end of Volg´s Memory as it was in the original Wii version before.

-----

Concerning Dungeon Hero X:

[..]

different dungeons and also each time you kill him looks like he come stronger at the first was doing 150 damage at last few damage. I see i will try use magicite and i let you know if damage or not. 

[..]

==> So just engage him in any dungeon and hope that he drops BP? Really? No way to cheese this?

-----

I have another question concerning Talons and Saddles:

Finished Chocobo´s Memories today with Shinryu Fight. But didn´t get the Light Saddle, Ultima Talons and Omega Saddle in those last floors. I know that i need to tackle Shinryu again for BP, but the question is: Do these three items (Light Saddle, Ultima Talons and Omega Saddle) only drop in Chocobo´s Memories or do they drop in the Infinite Dungeon as well?

Edited by Geridian
Typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Geridian said:

Concerning Dungeon Hero X:

==> So just engage him in any dungeon and hope that he drops BP? Really? No way to cheese this?

-----

I have another question concerning Talons and Saddles:

Finished Chocobo´s Memories today with Shinryu Fight. But didn´t get the Light Saddle, Ultima Talons and Omega Saddle in those last floors. I know that i need to tackle Shinryu again for BP, but the question is: Do these three items (Light Saddle, Ultima Talons and Omega Saddle) only drop in Chocobo´s Memories or do they drop in the Infinite Dungeon as well?

My guess at this point is Mog X can only be a buddy in post game. I have tried yo fight hin whenever I can in the Mines and it never give me a BP. I am currently stuck with 5BP needed.

Also, confirmed. Last Job is Alpha.

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JaM said:

Yes, i can confirm this also.
BUT(!!) worst part(!!):

Spoiler

1) Finish Chocobo´s Memory Dungeon [Postgame] (Not that hard..)
2) Beat Mystery Dungeon which is is 50 Floors long where you start with a buddie, but at level 1 without equipment and no bookmark option.

- And Omega Weapon awaits you at the end which can nearly oneshot you, removes debuffs, removes your buffs, deals insane damage.. No fun.
2) Intermensional Rift Dungeon then unlocks after this?? Great... Not.

==> This should be true because actual World First Gamer in this@ikemenzi got the All Jobs-Trophy after beating Omega Weapon.
- Would be glad to have tipps/hints regarding to beating...

Spoiler

Omega Weapon at Mystery Dungeon...

- Perhaps Ikemenzi will read this to share some information with us? :-)

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geridian said:

Yes, i can confirm this also.
BUT(!!) worst part(!!):

Hide contents

1) Finish Chocobo´s Memory Dungeon [Postgame] (Not that hard..)
2) Beat Mystery Dungeon which is is 50 Floors long where you start with a buddie, but at level 1 without equipment and no bookmark option.

- And Omega Weapon awaits you at the end which can nearly oneshot you, removes debuffs, removes your buffs, deals insane damage.. No fun.
2) Intermensional Rift Dungeon then unlocks after this?? Great... Not.

==> This should be true because actual World First Gamer in this@ikemenzi got the All Jobs-Trophy after beating Omega Weapon.
- Would be glad to have tipps/hints regarding to beating...

Hide contents

Omega Weapon at Mystery Dungeon...

- Perhaps Ikemenzi will read this to share some information with us? :-)

Looks a kind hard, but make sense because Alpha on Final Fantasy XIV is all about rift dungeon on omega weapon. 

And alpha comes from FF XIV.. 

That wassssssss a awesome easter egg

hqdefault.jpg

AhfThaHgC2-10.png

Edited by Nyky