Hotline Miami Hits PS Vita (and PS3) Tuesday With PS-Exclusive Mask

Undrey

Let’s get to the news you’ve all been waiting for first – Hotline Miami will launch for $9.99 on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita on June 25th! The teams at Dennaton Games, Abstraction Games, and Devolver Digital have worked incredibly hard to reproduce the fast-paced gameplay and super tight controls of the original game, and we couldn’t be happier with how Hotline Miami plays on PS3 and PS Vita.

The PlayStation versions of Hotline Miami will also have an exclusive new mask designed by Abstraction and Dennaton Games. After months of top secret bovine research, we finally get to unveil our new friend: Russell the raging bull.

9096745688_1acc367797_z.jpg

Russell is hidden early in the game, and when equipped will turn the entire game black and white save the neon text and red blood left behind as you rampage through each floor of every level. It’s a really neat effect, and even changes up the video filter a bit to give the whole game a classic film look.

9094517131_ffa05f8a88_z.jpg

There are also a bunch of new upgrades, like leaderboards for each level of the game, Trophies, and even touch support for lock-on targeting in the PS Vita version. Plus, Hotline Miami is a Cross-Buy title on PlayStation Network, so you can buy it for PS3 and PS Vita with a single purchase!

Thanks again for all the support. Follow @HotlineMiami on Twitter for more news and fun from now through launch!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/21/hotline-miami-hits-ps3-and-ps-vita-tuesday-with-ps-exclusive-mask/

For those of you who don't know what it is:

Posted it here because this board is more dead than the PS3 one.

See this is what Nintendo needs to learn. I just watched part of the Let's Play for this and now I want to pick it up.

Wouldn't really play it for PS3 but on my Vita it would be a great traveling game.

It is a great game. But I'm honestly trying to figure out where the trophies are. I bought it last night and there's nothing on the trophy list, even though everywhere is saying that it has trophies. I'm confused. 

It is a great game. But I'm honestly trying to figure out where the trophies are. I bought it last night and there's nothing on the trophy list, even though everywhere is saying that it has trophies. I'm confused. 

I'm having the same issue. Trophies are popping, but the game isn't even on my trophy list and when I sync, the trophies aren't on my player card.. Could it have something to do with the maintenance going on today?

It has trophies, and a platinum.

Where though? I can't find a trophy list anywhere. And I bought the game last night for my Vita and don't see the trophies at all. 

I'm having the same issue. Trophies are popping, but the game isn't even on my trophy list and when I sync, the trophies aren't on my player card.. Could it have something to do with the maintenance going on today?

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with the issue. 

Where though? I can't find a trophy list anywhere. And I bought the game last night for my Vita and don't see the trophies at all. 

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with the issue. 

Try playing it on the PS3 or delete and redownload it.

My PS3 just froze, so I rebooted it and when it turned back on it wouldn't sign in due to the PSN maintenance. I checked my trophy list (offline) and Miami Hotline was in there. 

That's good to hear. Though I can't get the game on PS3 right now because of the maintenance. Still not on Vita for me. :(

Try playing it on the PS3 or delete and redownload it.

PSN is down for maintenance. :(